It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dope after Suboxone
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This morning around 8 AM I woke up and decided I would start my suboxone dosing. Well, I took 4 mg and then still felt like shit and then regretted taking the 4 mg because from past experience I know you cannot feel dope while you have suboxone in your system. At any rate, I got a phone call from some "Friend" trying to talk me into drving downtown to try some of his stuff... so I drove downtown thinking about what this guy was up to, because he is always trying to come up with some kind of scam and I really don't trust him.

So I get to his house and he gives me a bag of d, which I told him I could not do, and gave it back, then he got pissed off... and wanted a ride to his "GF" house, which seemed oddly close to the crack house he used to go to. Anyways, we get out of my car and walk half a block down the street , next thing you know I see this guy running and a cop chasing him down. I followed and saw him in an alley way face down with this cop on top of him, I think he just got tazzed. This was a blessing in disguise I am sure this dude would have tried to scam me out of whatever he could get from me.

Anyhow, I decide to go to my guy who sells me 20 dollar bundles, which are really small, but for 20 dollars you can't beat it. I just do the whole thing at once. I do that, and the sickness I am feeling goes away , but I really don't feel any rush.... I do feel better though. This is about 11:00-11:30

now later on in the day I decide to get another one hoping that the suboxone effects have worn off. I go to the same guy 20 dollar bundles. I drive home and it's about 3:00 I shoot up all the bags, and sure enough I got a rush off of it. PRobably not as good as it should have been , but it was a decent enough rush.This was 4mg of suboxone at 8 In the morning then at 11:30 I do a bundle(not really a bundle but it is 10 really small bags) Feel a little bit better... Then at 3:00 PM do the same thing and get a decent rush.

So yes, you can feel dope after taking suboxone the same day you took it. I used to do about 8 mg at once, and wouldn't feel any dope until the next day, but this was only a 4mg suboxone, so I was able to feel my dope 7 - 8 hours after my sub dose... Tomorrow I think I will just take a 2mg suboxone and hope that is enough, but these suboxones really did not help me much at all....

Wish I could get on methadone , tbh, that actually kept me clean.

Post subject: Re: Dope after Suboxone
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm 

Well thanks a bunch for that info Sungod!!!
Now we know!!!

Best of luck in all your in devoirs!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry, I hope I got the wrong idea from your post, but are you writing this to inform us (members of a sobriety forum) you can still use heroin and get high while on suboxone? Or perhaps I read that wrong.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nah you didn't get the wrong idea this idiot is just here to try and stir shit up and make a bunch of opiate addicts who are trying to stay clean crave drugs.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The last line of his entry. Was he trying to say that methadone is better than suboxone? Was that the whole point? Why isn't he on it then? I have no tolerance for meanness. I believe there is a place on this forum to discuss the pros and cons of your chosen path to sobriety, why didn't he use that? I believe buprecision is correct, to make people who are trying to get their lives together crave opiates.
I had a hard time deciding whether to go methadone or sub, but (for me) figured that the methadone would be too easy to abuse, he's trying to say that the same is true with sub. If you aren't ready to be clean you can abuse anything. Situations like this is why we have so much legislation red tape and distrust of those who are truly trying to turn their lives around.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 am 

I'm moving this thread to "Still Messing Around" since it's obvious that is what the OP is doing. We don't need your tales of doing dope here.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I never did Heroin before- what is a bundle? We need a thread with drug terms. I feel so out of the loop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I know this was all over a year ago now, but I'd like to add something.
I am a recovering alcoholic and my boyfriend is a recovering addict (same shit, different drug). It came to my attention today after a particularly awful day in the emergency room that he's still been using, and more than just the subs he's prescribed. Or at least, that's what the urinalysis showed. I am aware false positives CAN happen, and since I bottomed out very quickly once I started putting percs on top of my already massive booze problem, I don't know quite as well the nuances of this aspect of addiction...particularly the differences between side effects of subs vs opiates, I've found myself here trying to better understand how he might be thinking.
That being said, the original post does seem to be a bit of a how-to....
But even if that's the case, it can still help me stay physically and emotionally sober, because I won't have to guess as much; I needn't be unwittingly trapped on someone else's rollercoaster (....again....).
And maybe, through reading this and other posts, I can be of better help to my boyfriend in some way. Well....I certainly can. But only if he's willing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:45 pm 

Hi UberKatt and welcome to the forum,

Yes, you will gain a lot of insight by reading the messages posted here. This is a forum for opiate addicts who choose Suboxone (or Methadone) as part of our recovery process. Some stay on it while people like me, (alcoholic & addict) prefer to stay on Suboxone long term. Or at least until my mind says it's ready for change.

I have battled addiction since childhood. Smoking, drinking, pot, pills, whatever I could get my hands on would suffice. Luckily I found AA and got the drinking behind me but now with the invention of such yummy pain meds my addict side came roaring back into action. Ergo; Suboxone.

The one thing I like about your post is that he is your boyfriend and not your husband. Marriage is something you should never consider until you are both 2 years + clean and sober and actively participating in a recovery program. If not, you are just asking for a life of misery and pain no matter how much you love him. FYI, it's not true that love conquers all. If it did, my life would have turned out totally different.

rule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:45 pm 

So what does your boyfriend say about his UA? What were the circumstances of being in the ER? Was he overdosing? It's particularly difficult to overdose on suboxone because it is only a partial agonist. The only way to overdose on sub is for an opiate naive person to take it or for someone to add alcohol or benzos, etc to it. I'm sorry you're in a rough patch. If you give us more of an idea of what's going on we can probably be more helpful, but Rule's suggestions are very good.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I think you are completely wrong wait two years after recovery to get married! Get married when ever you want and it might be the best thing you ever do or the worst! That would be the case whether you were on drugs or not! Love is love! Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean you need to tell people they shouldn't get married! A lot of us have addictions and still have a full grip on reality and life! I'm probably the most functioning addict ever! I go to work everyday on time raise my children go to church. There is nothing this addiction Held me down from other than money and the ware and tear on my body! Subs are a amazing drug I was lucky enough to get clean off two weeks of sub and some therapy! You have to want it and it's all mind over matter. The weak minded will fall prey to addiction and stay addicted! I wish I could cure everyone but telling people they can't do something because of there current addiction is stupid! I made this account just to tell you that I will probably never see your response.

Edited by Amy. We don't argue over what forms of recovery are valid here. Nor do we insult each other.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 am 

That weak minded comment was enough for me to check out on that response quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:06 pm 

I have to post this so your membership is warranted. My opinion is still valid to me, obviously not to you. Did I say bad things happened to me? No, I didn't. My answer came from many years of going to AA meetings and watching newcomers get married and then see their relationship blow apart because one of them starts drinking or using again.

It may be a bit different with Suboxone so I'll give you that one.

P.S. Never take the advice of a person online when it comes to personal relationships. You don't know me and I don't know you. Kind of better that way IMO.

Sorry all, I had to post back to this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

rule62 wrote:
Sorry all, I had to post back to this one.

You have every right to Rule, especially after the personal jab that was kindly edited out by our lovely Amy. Thank you Amy, those kind of comments don't help anyone and they make the forum look ugly. Sorry you have to keep cleaning up so much trash.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:57 pm 

I missed the jab? Dang, now I'll need to ask Amy what she said. I don't think she'll ever talk to me about how to fix a broken marriage. In fact, it's doubtful she'll even respond back to my post even though she said joining was done only to insult me and dare me to post back. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she posts back.

No matter what, this site with its wealth of information and very informed and caring members is the best place she ever could have landed. How the heck did she find that one post? Must have been digging quite awhile.

Well, Mydogdoesdrugs, welcome to the forum! Whether you agree with me or not I do hope you get some good information from our site. We welcome all until they either break the rules or start name calling. We welcome your positive responses.

rule62

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 am 

That's exactly what I was thinking, how did this person find and pick out that one post of everything on this forum? Weird. I didn't see what was said before the edit either but it obviously wasn't nice.

I don't remember this thread but I didn't go bk very far to read it from the beginning.