It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: dont tell
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

does anyone not tell ur doc the correct dose u are taking of sub for some reason??if so why?? maybe to have extra just incase somethin happens,if u lose ur sub doc for some reason ,or he pushes u to get off to quickly etcc??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Many people on this forum do different things to save up a sort of back-stock of suboxone in cases like you described. Plus it's nice to not have to count days or make visits to the doctor or pharmacy on exact days. For me, I also take sub for pain and my doctor writes my script for 90 tablets, yet I only take 16+ mg per day, so I have a good opportunity to save up lots of extras. Other people will skip doses once in a while and others may regularly take lower doses than they are prescribed.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I understand why people would want extras. But if you have to lie about it than that is not a good way going about this. Im a firm firm firm belevier in always telling you DR the truth no matter what.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

but he collects the film packages every visit, so how do you go lower than she describes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For me, as I said, my doctor knows I take between 16-24 mg per day depending on my pain, but he still writes my script for 90 tablets per month. This means I have leftovers each month. Others I've heard just take less than the prescribed dose. Some doctors leave it up to the patient to determine what dose they feel best on. Another way people save extras is they have doctors who just write them for a few extras so they can have those on hand for emergencies. Like I said above, different people have different ways of having a back-stock.

For the record, I'm not suggesting that someone should lie to their doctor. I just said that people do different things to build up extras. If some people lie about their dose to their doctor, that's up to them. I'm not suggesting it nor am I endorsing it. Just wanted to be clear on that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

but how do you take less when she takes the film packs back empty? does she keep track of them??

Post subject: Strict Doctor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm 

Wow, a doctor who wants the film packs back? That is really going a bit too far IMO.

My original doctor and I differed in opinion on my dose. Him and his wife nurse got mad at me every month because I would taper down on my own. I kept telling them my dose was too high and they said it is up to them to taper me, not me. So I stopped telling them.

By the time I moved they thought I was on 6mgs and I was on 2. They didn't want more than a 1mg drop per month and that just wasn't doing it. They just said they were following the program as trained. I guess so.

When I got my new doctor, I told him I was on 2mg and still he writes the script for 4mgs. So yes, I have several boxes in storage for later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't really get why your Dr wants the empty packs back, if someone was diverting them or saving up extra they could just take them out of the packet. I agree with Rule it seems a bit overkill to me.

While I agree being honest is best, some Drs make it quite difficult. I guess if you wanted to save some you will have to take them out of the pack or ask your Dr if she is ok with you taking less sometimes. Only you know your Dr and what she will and will not allow. I wish I could be more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy crap I can't believe there are doctors who collect the empty packages from the films. That's not only crazy but what is the intention behind such a policy? Even though I don't think the film medication is in any way superior to generic subutex I thought that one of R&B main arguments for prescribing their new film form was because the film had a lower chance of diversion? If a doctor collects the empy packaging at each return visit then even if the patients were diverting their medication then there's no way to find out who the culprit was. All you would have to do is take the film out of the packaging before the medication is diverted.....duh. Lol it's like the doctor is practically encouraging diversion potential.

I also wanted to add that the dr. I go to has always been reasonable about allowing me to have some extra in case something were to happen. It's always hard to be able to have an appointment exactly 30 days from the last visit/prescription. Sometimes it ends up being more than 30 days and sometimes it's less. I had talked to him fairly soon after I started taking Suboxone about what would happen if he was out of the office on vacation for several days or if I ended up having to leave town for a few days for whatever reason. He was very reasonable about everything. I did sign a contract stating that the medication would not be replaced if the dog ate it or any other crazy made up story and I would also submit to random drug screens. There was one time though when I really did accidentally spill the contents of the prescription bottle onto the floor and a couple found their way into the air vent next to my desk lol! When I called the office they said it wouldn't be a problem to have a couple extra called into the pharmacy.

Basically I'm just saying that being willing and able to have a rational conversation with your Sub/Bup doc can have a positive and fair outcome. Hopefully others here have a doc that is reasonable and I'm sure some aren't as lucky but in the end I think you'd be suprised how beneficial it can be to just tell the truth to your doctor. I think on the whole you're likely to be better off with honesty :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As of DR collecting emptys i understand it. Because every film packet has a number on it that can be traced back to the pharmcy than patient than Dr. So how is it going to look if his patients emptys keep ending up on the streets in the wrong hands. or even worst someone has a severe medical emergency after taking suboxone and dies because say a drug interaction. That is on the DRs name for giving those meds to the person that killed the person by selling him drugs.