It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I have never posted on a forum like this, but I have found myself in a situation that I have no idea of how to deal with. I fell in love with this girl that was fighting to control her opiate usage. She was real motivated in the beginning. She took her suboxin, and everything was great. Then she started to get irriatable, and kept talking about how she wanted to get off suboxin. In that same day she lied to me about have oxycodone. Yesterday, she lied to me about doing 4 30mg oxycodones at her ex boyfriends house. He gives it to her for free, and it drives me up the wall. I have tried playing the concerned roll, and even the "i put all of my trust in you" approach. Now, I just dont know what to do.

She missed her appointment this morning, and now is saying that she doesnt want to work the program, and she isnt addicted to opiates anymore, and she wont get hooked on them again. I trust that she really thinks she isnt addicted, but i dont know if that is truely the case.

Sadly, about 80% of my best friends I had throughout high school are all addicted to pain pills, and I dont understand their addiction. I am an alcoholic, and abuse pot, but I do not have the same addicition as a pain pill addict. Ive tried so hard to figure out a way to be there for her, and to put my full trust in her. But from day to day her mood changes on whether she wants help or not.

What should I do. Stay on her about getting clean, trust her (even though I know she will lie to me unless I ask her if she dosed. then complains that I am keeping tabs on her.)

HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi iChompU and welcome. I'm sorry you're in such a crappy situation. It's just not very simple to tell you what to do. First of all, it's my opinion that once an addict, always an addict. I've never heard of an opiate addict who ended up able to take one or two pills every now and then without falling back into full addiction again.

I would advise you to read Dr. J's blog "Suboxone TalkZone" and educate yourself about opiate addiction. I know you want to trust her, but try to be honest with yourself...It sounds like you already know that she's lying to you. I also know you want to help her, but many people believe you can't force an addict to get help - they have to WANT it themselves.

From your description it sounds to me like she's back in active addiction again. I think you know that, but are afraid to admit it...Who wouldn't be? Maybe it's time to sit down and talk to her and tell you what you know and/or suspect. If it were me I'd have to at least try.

I don't know if this helps and all. Let us know if you're looking for something more specific. And PLEASE, take care of yourself in the meantime and let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi there iChompU,
I'm glad you are here and looking for Help. But I'm afraid you probably won't like my answer??? IMHO...I think you are helping the Wrong person... You are an Alcoholic Take care of yourself first. You can't help her until two things happen. 1.) You take care of yourself and 2.) She takes care of Herself!! I'm NOT trying to be the A-Hole in this I just want you to see that you can't give her the help that she doesn't want!! Hatmaker is right. Once an addict always an addict... In my case it's both I am an Alcoholic and An Addict. Thankfully I have my opiate addiction in remission and I am Sober a day at a time...! If your Girlfriend is getting 30 mg Oxycodone FREE From here EX Boy friend and telling you not to worry about it she won't get addicted "Again" Then WORRY About It!!!!! Because it's not that she will get addicted again it's that she is Still (and always will be addicted) is Addicted!! It sounds like you Love this Girl Very Much... I truely hope you both get the help you need and deserve... Best of luck with everytning. Please come back and post so we can see how you are doing...

God Bless
TW