It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Should doctors who prescribe suboxone be required to have an in office induction?
Yes i believe doctors should be required 58%  58%  [ 15 ]
No I do not believe doctors should be required 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
I believe it is up to the patient 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 26
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for a little over a month. I have been reading about peoples induction processes, about how their doctors gave them a piece of a pill and then check on them and so on to see if it worked.Well i was taking a 180mg oxy every day , he put me on 8mg and told me to come back in two weeks "spent less than 10 minutes seeing me'. Well the 8mg didnt work my withdrawals were not as bad but my cravings were horrid....I called the doctor and told him the 8mg was not working he asked how many pills i had left and i was on the third day so i had 11, he refused to see me to bump my dosage up he said i would have to wait until my appointment.Well I made it those 2 weeks and went back to the doctor and he bumped me up too 16mg a day. He only spent again less than ten minutes with me...He did not ask me how i was doing he didnt recommend any sort of group at all.Well i went back 2 weeks later and its the same thing the only thing he asked me was the suboxone working at 16mg and i told him it was, execpt this time i was in his office even less time. I need advice on what to do...to be honest he seems like a shitty doctor who has 28 people on suboxone that are not getting any support from their doctor I feel like i, and everyone else he is treating is getting shorted. I know what he is doing is not right...... I am thinking hard about changing doctors.....What do u people think i should do?and is there anything i can do about the way he is treating me and, all his patients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For your sake... CHANGE DOCTORS NOW! Obviously he does not give two shits about you or your recovery! To him you're just dollar signs!
Get on the internet and find a LOCAL Treatment Center that uses suboxone and ASK questions!!

I signed up for a local "Treatment Center" that only deals with treating opiate addiction with suboxone; and guess what... I found them on the internet!

My initial visit was 2 1/2 hours long; They asked very detailed questions about my medical history, took my vitals then gave me a tab of Subutex to help me out through the rest of the visit. THEN my Doctor called me two times a day everyday for 5 days after that.
He asked how I was feeling... how much I was taking... told me I can take more if I need it.

I knew right off the bat, these people are dedicated to helping me kick this horrible habit!

I can just feel that you will fail in your treatment if you stay with this knuckle-head! You need to have SUPPORT from your doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea your dr dosnt seem very professional to me. my inital visit was about 3 hours. i did most of the paperwork on the phone 3 weeks before ever going there so during my visit my dr checked my vitals to make sure i was in withdrawl, took a urin test that automatically showed him what drug was in my system then gave me a tiny piece of suboxone and had me sit for 20min or so. afterwards when he realized i wasnt going into withdrawl from them he gave me another quarter pill and repeated the process until i felt good. after that he wrote me a script for 1 week supply and told me to come back the following monday so he can see if i need an increase. that 1st week the dr called just about everyday as did the nurse. i went back the next monday and he raised me from 12mgs to 16mgs. i was actually surprised at how caring and nice they all were. i was treated with the outmost respect and could tell they really cared about how i was doing.

i think you need to find a new dr. i live in pittsburgh and there are many to choose from up here. i actually called 3 and they all wanted me to come right in and i choose the 1 i did because how kind and caring the nurse seemed over the phone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

gavin111 wrote:
yea your dr dosnt seem very professional to me. my inital visit was about 3 hours. i did most of the paperwork on the phone 3 weeks before ever going there so during my visit my dr checked my vitals to make sure i was in withdrawl, took a urin test that automatically showed him what drug was in my system then gave me a tiny piece of suboxone and had me sit for 20min or so. afterwards when he realized i wasnt going into withdrawl from them he gave me another quarter pill and repeated the process until i felt good. after that he wrote me a script for 1 week supply and told me to come back the following monday so he can see if i need an increase. that 1st week the dr called just about everyday as did the nurse. i went back the next monday and he raised me from 12mgs to 16mgs. i was actually surprised at how caring and nice they all were. i was treated with the outmost respect and could tell they really cared about how i was doing.

i think you need to find a new dr. i live in pittsburgh and there are many to choose from up here. i actually called 3 and they all wanted me to come right in and i choose the 1 i did because how kind and caring the nurse seemed over the phone.

Sounds very very similar to my story.

Agreed... My Nurse Practitioner was very professional, nice, caring and spoke to me with respect. She didn't look at me or treat me like a 'druggy'. She treated me like a close patient who is sick and WANTS help. She gave me the vibe that she was there to do just about anything to make sure I was comfortable and to help me on the road to recovery.

If you don't get what gavin111 or I said from your Doctor... (or any doctor for that matter); get a new one IMMEDIATELY!

Let us know what happens with your search.