It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Done and Wasn't Bad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on Suboxone for a total of 7 years. I had tried to get off Suboxone 2 years ago and failed because of how bad the withdrawals were for me (my experience doesn't mean everyone has the same experience). I got down to crumbs and still the withdrawal was debilitating for me and decided to go back on Suboxone after 5 days of hell. After my failed attempt I started doing research in finding a different method that would work for me. I didn't want to fail again so finding a good method for myself was key. I discovered Kratom when reading other people's experiences online and started to research it. One of my worries with Kratom was that I would only be prolonging the Suboxone withdrawal but I was willing to try it. I got myself down to 1mg of Suboxone a day before I switched to Kratom. On June 1st I stopped taking Suboxone and switched to Kratom (Red Vein Boreno which relaxes you and has no stimulanting effects). I stayed on Kratom for a total of 21 days (tapering my doses). This past Sunday I stopped the Kratom and was ready to go through withdrawals. While my withdrawals sucked they weren't nearly as bad as my past experience with Suboxone withdrawal (hot baths, Imodium, and muscle relaxers helped). After 4 days of stopping Kratom I felt pretty normal. I went on a hike, swam, and traveled to amazing outdoor places. Now at day 8 I feel completely normal. I never thought I could get off Suboxone because of my past failed attempt, but now I have successfully gotten off Suboxone (seriously if I can do it anyone can). I can see why a lot of people would not use this method because of the fear of addiction with Kratom but that was personally never an option for me. As soon as I started Kratom I couldn't wait until the day when I wouldn't have to take it again. Kratom tastes terrible, it's inconvenient and makes me nauseous most of the time but it was very helpful. Now that I'm done with the Kratom I quickly threw it away because I didn't like it. Anyways, you don't have to use my method but just do research and figure out the best plan for yourself. Everyone's body's are different and you have to find what works best for you. It seems to me that being on the Kratom for 21 days helped clear my receptors from Suboxone. Once I stopped the Kratom I only had to withdrawal from the Kratom which only normally lasts around 3-5 days. On my 4th day off Kratom I was already feeling a lot better and started making plans. It's so strange for me to be off Suboxone. I wake up feeling fine instead of waking up feeling bad looking for my Suboxone. While I was on Suboxone longer than I ever planned I'm thankful it helped me change my life. Good luck to everyone with their own Suboxone journey!

Post subject: Re: Done and Wasn't Bad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you for this post. You are correct on so many levels ! Each persons journey is different. You were smart to research other methods that would work for you. Keaton can be useful or lethal Some people get addicted and others like you use it responsibly.

Best of luck on your opiate free journey. Please remember you can never use your DOC 1time. Stay alert and prepared of any cravings

Thanks again. Good to read a happy transition

Post subject: Re: Done and Wasn't Bad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you very much! I really am excited to start a new chapter in my life!