It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been in suboxone for 2 months. It's the best descision I've ever made. I messed up and did 2 30's that I found cleaning last night pretty much just to see if they'd work. I regretted it instantly.

That was tues night. I have an appt monday morning. (About 5.5 days later). Will the perc show up in my urine still? I'm an idiot, I should have flushed them like I was going to. I can't get kicked off I want to do this the right way and I'm scared. I'm never making that mistake again. Please help if you can!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should be OK. Percocet (oxycodone) is usually only able to be detected in a urine screen for up to 3 days after you take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Romeo wrote:
You should be OK. Percocet (oxycodone) is usually only able to be detected in a urine screen for up to 3 days after you take it.

Thanks, I hope so. That's what I thought but I didn't know if there was anything in suboxone that made other things stay in your system longer.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 pm 

DonnyPA,

I wouldn't worry about it. Most addicts relapse early in their recovery. And like Romeo said, it wears off fairly fast. Plus, I think the test is to see if Suboxone is in your system or not, not for checking other opiates. (Just a guess)

Welcome to our forum! Why don't you post your story in the Introductions section?

r

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

rule62 wrote:
DonnyPA,

I wouldn't worry about it. Most addicts relapse early in their recovery. And like Romeo said, it wears off fairly fast. Plus, I think the test is to see if Suboxone is in your system or not, not for checking other opiates. (Just a guess)

Welcome to our forum! Why don't you post your story in the Introductions section?

r

Thanks, I hope I'm ok. This has saved my life as I know it. Stopped me from losing everything. I really can't afford to be kicked off this early. It should be out by now, I'm just going to TRASH water until monday morning haha. The thing that got me worried was that I read some high end tests can detect for up to 8 days (which i never heard before). And I thought they tested for everything, since I had to test the day I went in, and on my 1 week follow up after i started.

Thanks again. wish me luck! I'm definitely never making that mistake again. so dumb! And maybe I will post in the intro. Not really big on sharing, i usually keep things to myself (part of my story, actually). But maybe it would be good to put it all out there for once.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The standard dip tests are usually only able to detect the presence of the drug (its metabolites actually) for 3, maybe 4 days. There are certainly tests that can detect much lower amounts of the drug in your system which would mean the tests may be able to detect your drug use from many days back. Heck, those hair tests they do can detect drugs you took months ago!

Chances are, your doctor is using the standard dip test, though. The other tests are more expensive and most doctors stick with the standard dip tests.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
DonnyPA,

r
my dr uses a test that tests for everything including opiates.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

They most likely wouldn't kick u out anyhow they might make you come in more times to get ur strips or pills. For example my cousin did almost the exact same thing and at the time he was only going to the dr 2 times a month to get his subs but when he failed his drug screen they made him come back every week and take a urine test and as he built the trust up again they started being less aggressive about how many times he came there and now he only goes once a month and picks up his entire months supply and he takes 3 a day so he's getting trusted with 90 subs a month because he's earned that trust with clean drug screens and has shown positive changes in his life. I'm certain you should be ok but just remember recovery is different for everyone and if it were easy then it wouldn't be the billion dollar industry that it is and they wouldn't need clinics and therapists and all that jazz so the best advice I can give you is to be honest if they see you slipped and explain how much you need that program and you respect their rules cause trust me they have heard all the best lies and they don't have time for people that are wasting their energy. I hope this helps even if just a little cause I know how hard recovery can be and I wish you the very best of luck!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is normal, in my opinion to have this happen. I've found meds before and have taken them and regretted it too. I have also found them and flushed them. I've come a long way in my treatment and recently I found 8 norco 10's in their bottle that I had lost under the seat of my car about two years ago. (yes my car is very messy and I rarely deep clean it, lol) I gave them to my mother for safe keeping, just in case there is ever a reason I might need them. Probably should have thrown them out, BUT, they're safe with my mom. As for your situation, It seems that you were hit with a classic trigger. If you're on 12mgs a day or less of buprenorphine sl and took the two 30's of oxycodone a day after you last took your sub, I imagine you got a nice buzz. Put it behind you and make a lesson out of it somehow. You should be fine by monday. drink lots of water and pray, if you're into that. If it shows dirty, tell the truth. Your doc should understand that triggers like that happen. good luck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Donny, Romeo might be right about percs only being detectable for 3 days, I have no knowledge either way, but I do know that my addiction doc had her own dip machine, and she told me that it could detect tested substances for up to 8 days.

I'm going to throw out a plan B for you to consider; own up to the slip when you go in for your test, which is a good way of building up trust, and also getting honest, which will take you a long way in recovery.

As mentioned above, dirty tests often just mean that you have to go in more often for testing and pickup, at least until you stack up some clean time. But check this policy out first if possible, it might be different where you are.

Good luck tomorrow.

-- ji