It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I did suboxone for about a year but the thing was that I didn't get them from the doctor, I got them from the streets. The reason was because I got arrested for being in the car with someone with drugs. I was on oc bad at the time but I told them i wasnt on drugs so I couldn't go to the doctor and get subs I figured they would find out. Well the guy I was getting the subs from stole 200 dollars from me and just stopped talking to me so stupid of me, I go back to oc. I can't stand withdraws so I wanted to get ocs and opanas. My final court date is February 11th and they might drug test me so I don't know what to do.. If I go to the doctor and get subs, they will know I lied about doing drugs.. Please someone that knows how hard it is to quit, give me some advice. Please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Won't they also know you lied if you test positive for oxys/opana? Suboxone doesn't usually show up on the simple UA's. Besides, if you went to a doctor to get on suboxone, how would the court even know?

Please don't go back on the pills again. Do everything in your power to avoid it. I'm sure you know it's just not worth it and it ALWAYS ends badly. If I were you I'd go to the doctor to get back on suboxone. Many people who've been getting it off the street have gone that route and their doctors have understood. What's the worst that could happen?

Your recovery/remission is important, as you know, otherwise you wouldn't have started sub to begin with. Please don't take the pills...you can do this! Come back and post as often as you need to in order to get through this - we're here for you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi,
I agree with Hat....don't go back on the pills. Sounds easy but we all know it isn't. You are here for support and you will get it...keep talking about it, posting...reaching out.

I believe that being honest is our best course of action whenever we are faced with any question in recovery. Just go to the sub doctor and be honest. Of all the doctors, and of course this is far from the reality, THEY should understand. Hopefully you will have a Sub dr who understands addiction and why you are in the position you are in. And then help you.

Juggling lies is addict stuff....trying to figure out who will do what, manipulate this one in order to get that thing....whatever it is....is old behavior. Start new recovery behavior by getting honest and not going back to the pills. Believe me when I say I get it and this is not meant to be harsh at all...I know how hard our own truths can be but that is where we start.

Keep it simple. It's the only way. You obviously want to be clean...you are here...you can do this.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank yall so much for Replying. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get suboxone legally. I was just scared
Court would find out. I just hope the subs won't show up if they drug test me. Thank you again for caring. People say they understand but they really don't unless they've been through it.