It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Don't get it
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I been going to this aa meeting lately and I am quite irritated with alot of people there.They talk about recovery ,recovery,recovery good deal I am glad about that.I am not happy about them saying they gotta work at recovery an not get a damn job!!!!!! Really why can't people get off there ass an be productive omg ...it is crap, you can still go to meeting if you work!!Nope people rather go to 3 meetings a day smoke cigs like crazy,,,be on the computer all day too....people get a life!!!!! work on recovery,go to meetings,chat on computer whatever but you can still get a flipping JOB an be productive..just saying I work an dont milk the system why cant other people do it......k done venting :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

They are just addicts hun, only now it's meetings instead of junk. We're all looking for something to fill the emptiness inside, and if these people are all together in one place that's fine. At least they aren't out doing something dumb like stealing or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't blame you. ANNOYING! I understand the addict who just got into recovery taking a bit of time or the person who was laid off or the disabled. What do people do all day if they don't work? Daytime TV will kill you I am sure. It definitely would kill me if not physically then spiritually for sure. What I don't like about it is that so many of them don't work around here or they are all young and living with mom and dad, that I feel out of place. I can't relate to the lack of coping skills in general. It is also interesting how meetings/meeting places all have their own culture. Sometimes you have to really shop and find the underground meetings and that is how you find the good ones. Those aren't published. They are big secrets and you are only invited if you pass the test.

Cherie