It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Am I doing this right?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Everybody,

My name is Darby. I am 43 and an Opiate addict in recovery. Hyromorphone, oxycontin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, oxymorphone, fentanyl, and heroin. Basically I never met an opiate that I did not like. When I had withdrawls for the first time my "freind" introduced me to the methadone clinic. I was at 120mgs/discs (the big white ones). after a year of that I did a rapid hospital assisted detox. I stayed clean a year after that. Then I bumped into someone at the store. My weakness and no support group led me to a 3 year binge. As will always happen the well ran dry and I had to return to the clinic. New state law required the U.A. to be monitored. As a victim of a sexual assault I could not deal with that.

So I left the clinic on 50 mgs, cold turkey style. I don't know how many of the people here have tried it but it sucked. I did not feel normal for like 6 months. It hurt bad, but I now have that experience and knowledge to share. After that I was clean for approx. 3 years then went on another run for about 2 years. I have always worked a job through these times, I guess I was a functioning addict. Untill my last run, I couldn't go to work. Too sick.....

My wife goes to the Methadone clinic but I could not go back because of my issues. At the dosing windows they were offerering something called suboxone. I did some research and the rest is history. I have been on the subs for about 8 months and loving it. Methadone and suboxone are in my life daily, and i'd like to share what I know. I have used and detoxed from both (surgery). I would also like to learn from others who have been there too. Thank you for your time. Darby.

Bunny Wailer (Neville Livingston)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Darby. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I think you'll find this place full of great people and lots of information. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Sounds like you've really been to hell and back. I'm always happy to hear about another life saved by suboxone. I hope you stick around and keep posting. Again, WELCOME!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.