It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! For the new non-smoking trainer! You really set a goal and go all the way with it till you achieve it! That's awesome news. Thanks for the update :) glad to hear you're feeling better too!

Lizzie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Lizzie! It wasn't to hard to get turned off the cigs when I hacked up half a lung each time I tried to light up. This cold/flu bug dug in deep and honestly, I am not hating it because it was a huge catalyst in my decision to just quit. I couldn't breathe because of the chest cold and smoking a cig made it 1000 times worse. It did me a favor in the long run :)

So smokers who wanna quit, go out and find someone with a cold, swap spit, get sick and quit smoking! Its easier to do it when you feel like ass from a cold! Bwahahahah worked for me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay you!!! Wow! You have probably just added years to your life! Congratulations :D
Hope you feel 100% better soon!

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks BF! I work with a woman who smokes as well and today she told me she was just diagnosed with COPD after a lung scan showed infiltrates. I told her to quit and we could be support buddies at work. I hope she does!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey everybody! Just checking in. Been about 9 days smoke free! Today i took the money i would of spent on cigs and got my hair all chopped off! Needed a change and an updated style. I love the shorter hair. Takes some getting used to though :)

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been great and feeling awesome since i got rid of the cold that just wouldn't leave. My whole family had it. Sharing is caring! Hahaha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Trainer, good for you. I getting my head around quitting eCigs, which i want to do in the next month.

I tried to talk BF into chopping off her hair (on a bet), but she chickened out. How about a pic?

-- ji

trainer14 wrote:
Hey everybody! Just checking in. Been about 9 days smoke free! Today i took the money i would of spent on cigs and got my hair all chopped off! Needed a change and an updated style. I love the shorter hair. Takes some getting used to though :)

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been great and feeling awesome since i got rid of the cold that just wouldn't leave. My whole family had it. Sharing is caring! Hahaha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Hey Trainer, good for you. I getting my head around quitting eCigs, which i want to do in the next month.

I tried to talk BF into chopping off her hair (on a bet), but she chickened out. How about a pic?

-- ji

Hmmm...I recall it a bit differently JI....I think I remember something about SHAVING my head, not cutting my hair! lol :D

Hi Trainer- was to go with the cigs! I've heard how hard that is, and especially right on the back of quitting subs! You continue to be a Rock Star! :D
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When I was in withdrawal, any time, I would have a really weak stomach and gag reflex and everything would make me throw up. It was kind of a pain because I couldn't take comfort meds or swallow any kind of pills while withdrawing. But I would also gag on cigarette smoke and thought it just tasted nasty. I couldn't smoke for anything during withdrawal, so during this last one I couldn't smoke either so I stopped and haven't picked up since. It's been over 5 months since I quit smoking and suboxone and it feels good. When I was on suboxone I loved smoking, especially right after taking my suboxone. I would break a dose up to several times a day just so I could enjoy a cigarette after. Weird stuff I know!! Anyways, just wanted to say I agree being sick (or in withdrawal) is a great way to jump start quitting smoking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Trainer!

This is my first time posting in a long time. I've followed your quit and read every post you have written in this thread. Congratulation on getting off Sub and quitting smoking. Two HUGE HUGE accomplishment!!!! Thank you so much for sharing everything the way you have. I bet there are a lot of us who don't post or don't post much but are very interested in how people get off Sub and have been following your posts. You give us hope.

I'll be posting about my own quitting experience in a different thread soon. Just wanted to express how grateful and thankful I am to you for sharing your experience and hope you know, in addition to the many awesome people who do post, there are probably hundreds more reading your posts and quietly routing you on. Thank you so much!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!! :D :D :D CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Sage! I hope my thread can ease people's minds that if they want to stop taking suboxone, it can be done and life can be normal. Its been going on 5 months since i jumped and life is great. Quitting smoking was the last thing on my list and I've got almost 2 weeks under my belt. Not bad!

The hubs and I just got home from a wedding and it was a blast! A coworker of mine had a beautiful ceremony outdoors and a great reception. Alot of fellow coworkers went and we all sat together and it was so much fun! Beautiful day for it as it was unseasonably warm for new england and the ceremony was on a lake complete with swans, ducks, hawks and other wildlife that live on the lake. Spectacular!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great day!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey folks! Havent been on in a bit. Just wanted to check in and let ya know things are going awesome. I took a leap of faith and we rented a space in an industrial park and opened a dog training school!!!!!!

I started classes in the evenings and so far so good. I am still at my other job as well until things really pick up so i am pretty busy.

Still sub and smoke free! Havent had any issues or thoughts of doing drugs but the smoking thing is a fight. There are days where i absolutely crave a cigarette and its hard not breaking down but somehow manage to shake it off.

Hope everyone is doing well!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Trainer, congrats on setting up your dog training biz, that's great news.

Sounds like you're keeping well, which is good to hear.

I just found out on the weekend that I still have restless leg syndrome -- not badly enough to wake up, but badly enough to wake up the person sleeping beside me. Still sneezing, too, from time to time. Weird to have these symptoms after more than 3 months. How long did they last for you?

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow Trainer! You're own school- what a great idea! Wth your energy and enthusiasm I'm sure it will be a great success! Congrats!!

Hey JI- I am also still sneezing now and then, usually in 2s and 3s- crazy, right? I'm pretty sure the RLS is gone though- no complaints here anyway :)

I'm happy to see posts from both my "jump buddies" ! Together we are the "2014 Successful Summer Jump Team"

Peace!
BF

PS. How are those abs coming ? (lol) I have still not given up btw!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Wow Trainer! You're own school- what a great idea! Wth your energy and enthusiasm I'm sure it will be a great success! Congrats!!

Hey JI- I am also still sneezing now and then, usually in 2s and 3s- crazy, right? I'm pretty sure the RLS is gone though- no complaints here anyway :)

I'm happy to see posts from both my "jump buddies" ! Together we are the "2014 Successful Summer Jump Team"

Peace!
BF

Hey BF. Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend, and I ate two of the biggest meals I've ever had in my life. Can you get back to me next week about the abs? :)

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:

Peace!
BF

Hey BF. Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend, and I ate two of the biggest meals I've ever had in my life. Can you get back to me next week about the abs? :)

-- ji

Canadian Thanksgiving? WTF do the Canadians have to be thankful about??? JK!!!!!! :lol:
Seriously, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your big meals, plus lots and lots of leftovers! :P

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK BF and Trainer, looked in the mirror after my workout this morning (60 min of high intensity cardio followed by weights), and i definitely saw abs coming up. Not sure if it's enough to win our contest, but i think i'm definitely on the way, after starting a new work out routine a couple weeks ago.

I was so surprised, i actually took a selfie, right in the shower room. But too embarassed to post it. (When i showed it to my GF, and asked her if i should email it to her, she just rolled her eyes, lol). But it's definitely abs.

-- ji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow JI- congrats!! POST IT POST IT POST IT!! lol
No need to be embarrased in a place where you are "anonymous" right? Plus you'll be doing a good deed to help motive those struggling to get off subs and excercise and get healthy! Do you have a "before" pic (or just find one online of a big beer gut and use that- hahaha).

Funny, I took a selfie in the sun yesterday so I could see my core, and I do see "progress"- a few cuts and the curve of my waist is deeper....but no 6 pack (yet!!!). I actually think the muscles are 'in there' because I've been using ankle weights and just punishing my core and I can sure feel I am stronger and more solid, but I'd have to drop some more fat to see them....and that is hard!!

Anyway- POST POST POST!!! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:

Anyway- POST POST POST!!! :D

Awright, BF, you're hard to say 'no' to. Cropped the hell out of this selfie, but still can't believe I'm posting it. Contain yourselves, ladies, lol.

Attachments:
IMG_20141019_104231.jpg
IMG_20141019_104231.jpg [ 34.54 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hurray!!! You are definately the winner!! I counted all 6! Looking great ji! (You should have photo shopped on Brad Pitt's head or somebody- hahaha)
So congratulations!!! Guess the race is on for 2nd place....unless Trainer has quit, in which case I get second by default and don't have to post!! lol!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

btw, what are your tats? I am thinking of getting a little butterfly above my hip bone on my "one year off suboxone" anniversary. What do you think?

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next