It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^^^^^ Uh oh JI!! Sounds like we're in trouble!! (lol) Should have known better than to challenge "SuperTrainer" ! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No worries! They might be stronger but they are FAR from showing like a 6 pack. I lack in the cardio department and only get maybe 3 or 4 sessions in a week. I hate cardio! So boring!

I have bad herniated discs in my lower back so I am concentrating on core strength rather than 6 pack. My back hasn't bothered me in months and I think the ab work is key!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I have been helping a client with rehabilitating her extremely fearful dog. Tonight we had a major breakthrough! He is afraid of men and crowds of people. My husband is a scary big guy. He is 6'4" and very muscular so quite an imposing figure. Last week, we could not get the dog within 3 feet of him. The poor dog would shake, pee himself and try to flee in fear. Tonight, I got him taking treats from my husbands hand and he also took him for a walk!!!!! I was estatic!!!!!!!! His owner was thrilled. We still have a long road ahead of us but tonight was a major step in the right direction. These sessions really make me appreciate my job and what I do to help the dogs who need rehabilitation :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Trainer, just wanted to say reading your journal gave me hope a month or so before I jumped. I couldn't stabalize at 3mg, so being an all or nothing person I jumped. I'm now going into day 10 and think my symptoms follows close to yours which gives me some confidence. I'm hoping the turning point will arrive around day 14. Congrats on your accomplishment and hope your continues to prosper. You really inspire a lot of people. Keep "DOIN IT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was pretty much the same. I couldn't get lower than 2mgs. The wds weren't to bad and I feared them more in my mind. Definately a mental game. Staying somewhat active and working helped. The more I sat around, the worse I felt. The one thing that did get to me was the sweats. I had them for 19 straight days and it was full on sweat mode the minute I walked into the ac at work. Ugh that sucked! Cold and sweaty for 8 hours drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Never really had the sweats, but had the chills/goose bumps quit often especially days 3-4 or some where around there. Just waiting for the turning point to begin and the malaise to subside. Never been a coffee drinker, but am now....lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember one night at work early on in wds, like the 2nd week, I had to sneak to the ladies room like every 15 minutes so I could just sit down for a minute or two. I felt so heavy and blah the entire night. The next day at work, I was completely turned around and had energy, maybe not a ton, but enoughto get through the shift without 300 bathroom breaks. It literally is like a switch that gets flipped, and you wake up feeling remarkably better. Thats a huge turning point :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anymore updates? I enjoyed this. It gave me hope.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there Sistah! TGIF! How are you today?

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Trainer. Wow, I remember those frequent 10-15 min washroom breaks during my late taper/early jump.

Don't miss them one bit.

Hope you're well, how are the workouts?

-- ji

trainer14 wrote:
I remember one night at work early on in wds, like the 2nd week, I had to sneak to the ladies room like every 15 minutes so I could just sit down for a minute or two. I felt so heavy and blah the entire night. The next day at work, I was completely turned around and had energy, maybe not a ton, but enoughto get through the shift without 300 bathroom breaks. It literally is like a switch that gets flipped, and you wake up feeling remarkably better. Thats a huge turning point :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys! Did anyone else experience trouble at the beginning of the week with getting on the site? I just got a blank page. Anywho! Hows everyone doing? I have the flu or a bad cold that my lovely hubs brought home. He was sick the beginning of the week and last night I started feeling really shitty. Two more days of work and sunday I can just chill at home and rest. Blah! Been eating cold-ease in hopes it does what it says and shortens colds.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BTW, today is 105 days since I jumped and have been sub free! I can say the single best thing I did early on in my jump was join the gym. I feel the best I ever have in years and make huge gains at the gym every week. I know not many women would want to pump heavy iron but it works for me and I love going up in weights every week. The beginning of the week I hit my heaviest bench yet and pressed 135lbs for 8 reps! Cool stuff :) missed the past 3 nights due to the hubs being sick then I got it yesterday so the gains I made might be set back abit.

I also started cooking for the upcoming week on sundays and prepackaging daily meals of chicken, tuna, brown rice and salads so we can just grab them to go and skipping take out. I do miss BLT sandwiches though!!!!! I do allow a cheat day for myself everynow and then and splurge on pizza!!

Our kitchen cabinet has turned into a small GNC store of preworkouts, post workout and protien supplements. I think I am hooked on lifting weights! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you, Trainer.

BTW I put my new vegetarian status to the ultimate test Thursday night when I went into my favourite gourmet burger place with a couple friends. They ordered bacon burgers...I bit my tongue and ordered a quinoa burger, which turned out to be absolutely delicious. I think I can handle this vegetarian thing.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We buy Boca burgers which are meat free and cook them on the gril and they rock! They even have different flavors like garlic and herbs. So yummy you don't even miss real burgers. They are also great crumbled in a salad with feta cheese. Deeeelish!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh you two make my heart go "pitter pat" with your anti-bacon burger talk!! My you've come such a long way! :lol:

Sorry you're sick Trainer! It may be good for your muscles though to take a little break from the gym, as hard as that is once you get in the habit and know how good it feels!

And hey, you may want to stick with the C4 since it has creatine, but just "FYI" (and at the risk of "aiding the enemy"- hahaha), I'm using a new product I really like called "Cardio Cuts" by NDS. It is creatine free, so no associated water retention, but still that pre-workout kick and energy. It's advertised as a "pre-cardio/ weight loss accelerant".

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, I'm glad everyone is feeling good at the 2 to 4 month mark, congrats and gives me hope. I'm amazed how fast u can get sucked into the gym lifestyle, my cabinet also likes like a gnc store, pre workout c4, post workout protein powders, meal replacement packs for when I'm lazy and multi vitamins etc. I do find it easy to overtrain now, as if it's a day off it is hard not to do something and just feel off and bored.

I too am pre doing several days worth of meals, like George Forman chicken breast, brown rice and steamed broccoli and calliflower. Use Tupperware and pre make about 8 to 10 meals. It's working for me as well as getting gains I haven't got in years.

Read a book "bigger, leaner, stronger" it definitely made my change philosophy to lifting heavier over lighter and more reps. Anyway congrats Trainer, JI and BF, your posts have really motivated. Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kittyspot70 wrote:

Read a book "bigger, leaner, stronger" it definitely made my change philosophy to lifting heavier over lighter and more reps. Anyway congrats Trainer, JI and BF, your posts have really motivated. Have a good weekend.

Hey Kittyspot- sounds like you may be a major contender for our "abs contest"! The 3 of us are racing to see who can get a "six pack" first! (I wouldn't put your money on the Butterfly - hahaha! But I sure am trying!)
Wanna play? The more the merrier (and the more motivating)!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am knee deep in the flu bog! Everyone avoided me like the plague at work and kept trying to get me to go home. I had 5 classes all full of dogs so no way could I leave. I gotta say, it was far easier getting through the day with the flu than getting through in withdrawals. I even made the comment to my manager when she offered me the chance to leave early, that I worked through far worse and could handle working with the flu. I stayed in the arena all day, avoided people and constantly sanitized my hands and the stuff I used today. But hey, sharing is caring, so if my coworkers get it, just means I care. Lmao!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are one tough chick trainer14! Nothing can keep you down! But do remember to take care of yourself. I am sorry to hear that you're sick though, and hope you feel better soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey everyone. Got my ass kicked by this flu but starting to feel better. Most I could manage this week was working my shifts and coming home to go to bed. I had all opening shifts so wasn't to bad getting home at 2 pm and crawling back into bed. One good thing has come of this though! I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!!! haven't smoked since early last week and don't plan on picking it back up. I did buy the patch over the weekend and started using it to help with the cravings which haven't been that bad at all. Be nice when I get over this flu and start to feel a huge difference as a nonsmoker. :)

I am stoked!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next