It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 pm 

Hi Trainer!

A change in attitude can be extremely powerful! Good for you for choosing positivity over resentment!

The only thing I want to point out is that you are not wrong for cherishing your weekends and wanting to spend them relaxing with your hubby. Your spirit, your brain, and your body need rest sometimes. Don't make the mistake of burning yourself out.

I thought you'd appreciate this quote:

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Amy. Yeah I definately will have it in the back of my mind today that "damn, I could be home right now", but what is, is I guess. Lol (I'm such a dumbass). Hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Marathon weekend is finished. Yay!

That is all......carry on :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Has anyone seen the Staples back to school commercial with their "shopping cart" song? I have that damn song stuck in my head and I have been dancing like a fool singing "do the shopping cart" song around my house. Damn you Staples! Damn you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Trainer, no I haven't, not sure we're getting that in Canada.

Please don't post a youtube link, another cheesy song in my head is the last thing I need.

-- ji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:

Please don't post a youtube link, another cheesy song in my head is the last thing I need.

-- ji

Here is something "cheesy" that I think is the FIRST thing you need......daily!! Yummm!!! lol

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.96 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Trainer! How are you doing? Recovered from your marathon weekend yet? Has the director of the place you applied to come in to where you work yet or have you heard anything yet?

BTW that "cheesy" message above is for both you AND Ji! :P

And I've been thinking, maybe we should add some kind of "stakes" to our abs competition to make it more interesting/ motivating...but beside just being the first one who "DOES IT!" (lol) I can't seem to come up with anything....any ideas?

I have not given up btw! I told my friend who teaches my "hard" classes what I was trying to achieve, and she now meets me before class to "punish me" with extra ab work (ha ha), plus showed up Sunday with ankle weights "just for me" (out of a class of about 30 people) to use during ab work- OUCH!!..ummm.....I mean...Yay! :D ha ha

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sista!!! I am doing well. Today is a day off. Yay! Yesterday I covered the other trainers classes during the evening and had a blast so work was actually fun for a change.

I haven't heard from the place I applied to and have yet to see the director in the store. Today I am applying at a doggie daycare for a training position. No nights or wekends but its almost 45 minutes away. One of the pitfalls of living in the stix. Everything is far away.

as for ab incentive, I will have to think about it!!!!!

Cheese pizza is actually a great post workout meal! So says the article on bodybuilding.com and I am going with it! I love pizza. Dont eat it much anymore. Skipped things with bacon on it too. Bye bye club sandwiches :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BF you're relentless. That pizza looks good :shock:

I learned a new way to do situps, but I still feel like I'm going backwards in the abs department. There's a box of donuts 20 feet away from me...I could cave any moment.

Wishing a great day to you and Trainer, and everyone else on the forum.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks ji! Everything in moderation is what I say! Eat half a donut slowly. Savor it and you will satify your sweet tooth with just half the calories :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I do the opposite, Trainer, I eat two donuts quickly, hoping some of the calories will pass thru my body unnoticed. I'll try your suggestion.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Trainer! How is your weekend going?? Even when I don't post, I like to check in and read your cheery little messages...so, what's up? Everything ok? Are you too busy doing sit ups to post today? Or maybe too busy enjoying your post workout pizza(s)? lol :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey hey! All is great. I had 2 new clients that I have been helping out in my private training, not work related so past couple days have been full and last night I got home late from work and had to cook and prep for a bbq today with my folks.

I did get bit yesterday at work! Had to fill out incident reports and go to urgent care, which wasn't necessary but a policy that they strictly enforce. Thedog bruised and broke skin on my hand but it was only a level 3 bite. Working with fear aggression can be tricky! I didn't even flinch or notice to much when he bit me but his owner panicked and yelled "you're bleeding! Oh my god my dog bit you" which sent the managers running to the arena. I looked down and was like "oh hey, look at that, he got me good". I wasn't even bothered but everyone made a big deal out of nothing and before I knew it the manager was driving me to the er. Dog bites don't freak me out. Hell, tegu bites don't freak me out and they are scarier than dogs. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great afternoon with the folks, my niece and her 2 girls. Cute kids! I rarely see them so its amazing to see how fast they grow! Worked with my folks pitbull who is the sweetest girl ever but has turned into a food stealer right from the table. No manners! My folks let her rule the roost. Haha

all in all a great day off!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hi Trainer!

A change in attitude can be extremely powerful! Good for you for choosing positivity over resentment!

The only thing I want to point out is that you are not wrong for cherishing your weekends and wanting to spend them relaxing with your hubby. Your spirit, your brain, and your body need rest sometimes. Don't make the mistake of burning yourself out.

I thought you'd appreciate this quote:

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

Amy

Thank you for that Amy. Its amazing how a quote can point you in the right direction

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hidey-ho!!! How's everyone doing! Just checking in. Been super busy with work and my private traning business is picking up and been making alot of home visits to clients. Good stuff! The extra cash is nice too!

Just got home from work and am relaxing before the gym and catching up on the forum.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great to hear how full and fulfilling your life is sounding! Thanks for the update :D
.....and you've been so so busy, maybe you should just stay home from the gym for awhile.....like 2 or 3 more months...lol :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yup, if you spot us 2 or 3 months, Trainer, I might just be a contender again for the Abs contest. I thought I was on track yesterday, looking in the mirror at the gym, but then I had a pizza slice and a Baskin Robbins ice cream for dinner. Then a pal stopped by with a jerk chicken sandwich for me later on last nite. So back to square one. (Yes, I relapsed off my vegetarian diet, but hand me a good jerk chicken sandwich, and all bets are off. It was delicious btw, and I don't feel even remotely guilty).

How are you coming with your Abs, Trainer? Don't need to ask BF, her request for 2 or 3 months of grace tells us everything we need to know, lol.

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Great to hear how full and fulfilling your life is sounding! Thanks for the update :D
.....and you've been so so busy, maybe you should just stay home from the gym for awhile.....like 2 or 3 more months...lol :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Don't need to ask BF, her request for 2 or 3 months of grace tells us everything we need to know, lol.

-- ji

Hey!!! (lol)....Maybe I was using "reverse psychology", did you ever think of that?

OR perhaps RIGHT NOW I'm using "reverse reverse psychology"! (Did I just blow your mind? ha ha ha).

You'll never know for sure.....until......., BAM! I post that pic first!! (or "not" - ha ha)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually, the ab work is going well. I added a new exercise where I hang from those elbow thingys (no idea what they are called, they are like slings) with a weighted ball between my knees and lift my knees to my chest. Its hard but effective!!!!!! My stepson just started college for exercise science (he wants to be a personal trainer) and his friend is going to be the same. They both have the exact classes at the college. He is an amateur bodybuilder who competes in shows and is moving in with us because we live 15 minutes from the college. He's been going to the gym with us and showing me his ab routine. Good stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next