It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just for you JI! My "muscles" 5 weeks into my workouts :)

Attachments:
20140808_204735.jpg
20140808_204735.jpg [ 173.76 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Trainer! I wasn't going to post anymore for awhile at least, but after seeing that pic, I just have to leave you with some parting words......and they are:
DAMN GIRL!! Now THAT is a substantially buff arm!! Remind me to never get on your bad side!! :lol:

Congrats on day 70!! Keep on keepin on!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks sister!!!!! Its getting there. Still a ways to go though! My hubs hobby is bodybuilding and he is HUGE so feel pretty "puny" working out next to him but he encourages me :) All his buddies at the gym are pretty big guys too so can't help feeling wimpy but they motivate me to lift heavy. I was going prettyheavy earlier this week doing back and tweaked the shit out of my 2 crappy discs. It was towards the end of our workout, I was tired and my form was off. We use strict form but I got sloppy. Good news is that tens unit by icy hot is a miracle. 2 sessions and viola! No more pain. Its incredible how well it works. Best $30 I ever spent!!!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today was a phenomenal day! Took the day/night off and got up early and headed out for a day trip. Spent the day sightseeing and laughing with the hubby the whole day. Had to pee in the woods out of desperation on the way home. We were miles between exits and I seriously had to go!!!!!

Stopped at a farmstand and got the best tasting fruits ever. Just cant beat organic fruits and veggies. Cant wait to steam up the sweet corn!

Went out for dinner and was gonna see a movie but the hubs hockey team called him to see if he wanted to play tonight and I could tell he was dying to go so I said forget the movie and go play and have fun. The arena is at this fancy private school down the road from our house and he walked there, the nutbag that he is. Looked like he was running away from home carrying this huge hockey bag of equipment on his shoulder walking down the street. Hope he gets a ride home later!

The rest of the night I just hung out with the dogs (all3 now). They are still trying to figure each other out and I am doing some training with Ducky. She has zero manners, no self control and like a typical hound, stubborn as shit!!!!!!!! Thank god for a fenced in yard because she's a runner. Long story short, she was a recent adopt by a customer who had no clue how to handle her. Frustration set in and she chained her up in her back yard all day. Poor dog has lived most her life bouncing around shelters, getting adopted, getting dumped back to a shelter. So, seeing a diamond in the rough and her potential to be a really good working SAR dog, I said I would take her and we have started nosework training along with basic obedience. We shall see!

So, thats my day 70 in a nutshell! I am off to bed. 9 am to 9 pm tomorrow at work. Bluck!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

trainer14 wrote:
Today was a phenomenal day! Took the day/night off and got up early and headed out for a day trip. Spent the day sightseeing and laughing with the hubby the whole day. Had to pee in the woods out of desperation on the way home. We were miles between exits and I seriously had to go!!!!!

Stopped at a farmstand and got the best tasting fruits ever. Just cant beat organic fruits and veggies. Cant wait to steam up the sweet corn!

Went out for dinner and was gonna see a movie but the hubs hockey team called him to see if he wanted to play tonight and I could tell he was dying to go so I said forget the movie and go play and have fun. The arena is at this fancy private school down the road from our house and he walked there, the nutbag that he is. Looked like he was running away from home carrying this huge hockey bag of equipment on his shoulder walking down the street. Hope he gets a ride home later!

The rest of the night I just hung out with the dogs (all3 now). They are still trying to figure each other out and I am doing some training with Ducky. She has zero manners, no self control and like a typical hound, stubborn as shit!!!!!!!! Thank god for a fenced in yard because she's a runner. Long story short, she was a recent adopt by a customer who had no clue how to handle her. Frustration set in and she chained her up in her back yard all day. Poor dog has lived most her life bouncing around shelters, getting adopted, getting dumped back to a shelter. So, seeing a diamond in the rough and her potential to be a really good working SAR dog, I said I would take her and we have started nosework training along with basic obedience. We shall see!

So, thats my day 70 in a nutshell! I am off to bed. 9 am to 9 pm tomorrow at work. Bluck!!!!!!!!!

G'night, Trainer!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

On a break from my marathon shift. 12 hours today and a repeat tomorrow. A regular customer was in this morning about 10 am to buy a harness for her dog. I helped her pick one and told her if it didn't fit her dog when she got home and tried it on him, she could bring it back. Anyways, about 45 minutes ago, she came back to return it and saw me still here and asked why I wasn't done work by now. I told her its an all hands on deck thing due to short staffing and I was working till close. She left and came back with a coffee and muffin for me to be nice and show she appreciated that I was so good to her whenever she shopped with us. I thought that was so awesome of her!!!!!!!! Faith in humanity restored!!!!!!!

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed their day!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HELL YEAH! It pays to go above and beyond sometimes. I got to work this morning and the store manager said "I really appreciate what you have done for the store and working way above your normal hours. When the 8 am person gets in, why don't you head out for the day". So I ran around like a maniac getting all the animals fed and cleaned and bolted out the door when my coworker showed up before she complained and the manager changed his mind. I handed her the keys and phone and said "have fun, I am outta here" and took off. Woo hoo!

I hit 60 hours yesterday when I punched out so the surprise time off is welcomed!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nice! Have a great day.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks! I take back the chicken arm bicep thing dude, you have a far better bicep than a chicken!!!!!

So, just got home from the gym. It was leg day. I hate leg day. Don't really have plans to do anything today. Was expecting to work 6 to 6 so the hubs made plans with hockey buddies based on that so its just me till later. Actually kind of nice to have no agenda today and just bang around the house for the day!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know you suck at cooking when your own dogs won't try the food. Bwahaha......... well I was looking for a new thing to try so perhaps a cooking class is in order!!!!!!! I didn't know you could turn chicken into shoe leather.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The preworkout supplement C4 blasts away migraines and headaches! I had a serious migraine earlier that sent me home early from work. I could barely drive home it sucked so bad. I layed down for a nap, woke up with it still, tried 4 ibuprofen, nothing worked. I drank some C4 about 30 minutes ago because I figured the caffeine might help and not 5 minutes after drinking it, my migraine was gone!!!!! How flippin cool is that!?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Caffeine, especially combined with ibuprofen or acetaminophen is an awesome migraine killer! Glad you got some relief, as a migraine sufferer since childhood, I know how horrid they can get! Glad to hear that your recovery is going so well also! Take care.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Safest place to be right now is my work! State Police k9 training and swat team are doing training exercises and the place is hopping with troopers and k9 dogs. I am in heaven right now watching the dogs work hunting down the "bad guy" hiding in the store. I begged to be the bad guy but they just laughed at me. Hahaha. I love all things dog training so my work productivity plummeted because I just wanna watch!!!!! People driving by must think we got robbed with all the police cars outside that say K9 unit and swat team. Best. Day. Ever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just got back from the gym. Met a professional MMA fighter tonight and picked up some killer exercises from him. Can't lift my arms at the moment. Lmao. Helluva nice guy though.

Also came home with another headache which sucks. Not sure why this week has been migraine/headache city but it sucks. I am thinking I need to get an eye exam. I am supposed to wear glasses but haven't in years and since the pain starts in my eyes and temples, I am sure its vision related. Blah......

have a good night folks. I am heading to bed to sleep off the headache.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 pm 

Eye strain can definitely cause headaches! My particular weakness is hormone fluctuation! I take the Seasonique bc pill because it gives me the same dose of hormones every day. Now my only bad hormone times are the 4 weeks a year that "Aunt Flo" visits. The other headaches I get are from a neck injury I got in a car accident. (Stupid teenage drivers!!)

I hope your headache is gone when you wake up!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whose flabby arm is in that pic above? :lol:

Amy, was it really necessary to tell us about Aunt Flow? Like I'm not in enough therapy already?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Headache is gone. Hope it stays that way today. Its a day off for me and its chilly, rainy with high winds. Figures!!!!!! Stuck inside with 3 bored dogs. Time to get creative and stuff some hollow femur bones with cheese. Been having some problems with dog spats here and there between Ryka and Ducky. Ryka hateshateshates other dogs and Iit took a few days of training and behavior modification for her to look at ducky and not lose her mind, now the hard part is being in the same room with her. Been pretty good except for accidental bumping in to each other. Thats when all hell breaks loose. Thank god I am pretty damn good at breaking up dog fights. Thank god Ryka has flat teeth. Then there's Abby, who could care less about anything, as long as she is left alone to do her own thing. Things are getting better slowly though and Ducky has learned to sit, down, stay, walk in heel, leave it, drop it and find cheese hidden in 1 box out of 4 placed all over the yard. She also found the hubs who hid Iin the woods the other day. She is doing very well in her nosework training and gets so excited when I harness her up to do some training she barks like crazy till we get out in the field. She hasn't learned "quiet" yet. Lmao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Romeo, she could of said "raggin"....... lmao. Now go get some therapy to erase the thought of it all out of your brain!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

so I guess that new thread I was gonna start about tampax and under wire being a real bummer is a no go... huh? Lmao! hahaha
sorry romes, couldn't resist!:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The only kind of therapy that could erase that shit from my brain would be electro-shock therapy!! I'm talking zillions of volts, too. GAH!!!

That's funny you mentioned the cheese. We had a Siberian Husky when I was growing up. We would put him in the coat closet, hide a piece of cheese in the house, let him out and watch him find it. Well, mom came home, opened the coat closet to put her coat in there and that silly dog goes running into the closet, almost knocking her down, spins around and sits there patiently waiting for the door to close. My poor mother couldn't figure out WTH the dog was doing. LOL

K, I'm going in search of the nearest electrical outlet to self administer some therapy on myself.....wish me luck!!

Lizzie......you too now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next