It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What works, whats junk

Benadryl - I found it makes rls 100 times worse and just makes you more exhausted didnt work for me at all for sleep

chewable instant sleep aid called Mid Nite - didnt work at all for me either, I suggest skipping spending your money on it

breathe right strips - awesome sauce! I got super stuffy at night and had issues with waking up dried out from having to sleep with my mouth open to breathe. Yuck. These strips help immensely

Gatoraide - chug chug chug. All day till your eyes float and you piss your brains out

Immodium - use sparingly! Very dehydrating and whew! Makes you feel like you are carrying bricks around. Better money spent on t.p. with the aloe in it. Plan to stay near the bathroom all day and be over it. Better out than in!

Posting like crazy helps take your mind off stuff and how you feel

sleep naked! You are gonna sweat your ass off anyway. Saves on laundry and a pile of dirty tshirts you are not gonna feel like washing. Hot flashes suck with clothes on!

=)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy shit! Just took a hot bath and oh my gaaawd it ws glorius. My rls shut right down. Damn if I could figure out a way to sleep in that tub and keep the water hot all night I would. I instantly just relaxed and the second my legs hiit the water the pain stopped. Why did I not do this earlier!?!? Idiot!

Hopefully gonna slip into bed and crash out while I still feel sooooooo relaxed.

g'nite all!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ya-it's amazing how something so simple as hot water can make a world of difference. I bought some lavender scented epsom salts to throw in the bathtub for when the muscle aches start to hit. I noticed just a quick hot shower makes a big difference, like you're literally washing away the detox symptoms. Hope the relaxing bath induces some peaceful sleep! Chat tomorrow...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not a very good night for sleep. Maybe one of these nights I will finally just pass out from sheer exhaustion and sleep thru the night.

up, showered and ready to start work shortly. 8 am to 3 pm today. Gonna go get some coffee. Try to have a good day everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So day 10 folks! Slept crappy but surprisingly dont feel very tired. Sitting outside of work waiting for my shift to start, drinking my coffee and listening to the radio. Dont really know what the week will bring and not gonna worry about it either. Can not be worse than the week I just dragged myself through. I am still amazed I have been sub free for 10 days!!! Two months ago it never seemed possible. I was so afraid of withdrawals and life without subs I was resigned to the fact I might be a sub lifer. Amazing, here I sit, sub free and living my life.

Last week was one hell of a roller coaster. I came out the other side sore, tired, shaky but doing it. Folks about to jump, you CAN do it. It wont kill you. It sucks but it is doable. Mind over matter. Grip that steering wheel, hold on tight and navigate thru the withdrawals. As I sit here typing this, I feel exactly the same as I did if I took a dose. Perfectly normal. Sure my body is sore, I am tired but everything else is status quo. I am not sweaty (thank god). shaky or have any anxiety or craving to take something to feel "well". I got here on sure determination and a sttrong damn will! that makes me damn proud of myself. something I havent felt in a long long time.

Keep pushing folks! you WILL get there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I have discovered that for some bizarre reason, stepping inside an air conditioned building makes me sweat. Not 15 minutes into work, I started to sweat profusely. Wth? Now I am freezing my ass off because my shirt is soaked and gross. At this point, its getting to be down right annoying!

Same thing yesterday at work. Gross all day, get home, sweats stopped. Gggrrrhhhh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the sweating is a number of things. With the amount of fluid you're taking in, you're not able to pee it all out, so the rest comes out as sweat.

During detox, it's pretty normal to sweat. I think that's one of the body's ways of removing the drugs.

Sweating can also be caused by anxiety. With you just coming off Suboxone, your emotional balance is out of whack. Episodes of intense, and less intense, anxiety are normal.

Lastly, I think opiates mess with our internal thermostat. Once off opiates, your brain is trying desperately to relearn how to balance your body temperature. Sometimes it overshoots the mark, sometimes it undershoots the mark, thus the hot/cold flashes.

If you add all these up or even take a couple of them in combination, it could explain your sweating issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo. I hope the sweats stop soon. Figuures the one thing I hate the most and its the last to go. Guess I will just accept that I will be sweaty betty for awhile!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tuesday is my normal day off. Once a month on a Tuesday, I would see my doctor to get my refill. 5 minute office visit, 10 minute wait at the pharmacy next door and I would be good for 2.5 weeks. During those 2.5 weeks, I would overtake my meds. Find myself with 8 pills left and start bartering with myself. If I half my dose, I can make it till next appt, or I will skip days, etc. Of course I never did and always found myself 2 to 4 days short and suffer with withdrawals until I got my script. Sounds fun huh? I would lay in bed, sick and thinking "I will never do this again to myself".........until next month.

day 10 and I realize I never have to do that again. I tapered down until I got till 2 mgs and couldnt get any lower. The minute I felt "off, tired, sweaty, wide awake at 2 am", I reached for another pill to stop withdrawing. I was such a wimp when it came to that. But! I just went right through the eye of the storm, came out the other side, and aside from some lleftover rain, am alright. Still cant believe I made it 10 days already. I have this fear I am gonna wake up from a dream and realize I am back on day 6, gripping the steering wheel and screaming because its getting worse, not better.

I had a bit of anxiety earlier. That jittery feeling that I needed something to quiet the nerves but I rode it out and it passed. I am sure I will experience those moments alot as the days pass. In a way I am in a good position in that I have no way to get any drugs in case the craving hits. I moved far away from connections like thata few years ago. I dont know anyone who dabbles in oxycontin and am glad I dont. No way to get subs unless I call my doctor and since I told her I wasn't returning to her program, I am sure my spot was filled by someone who needs it on the waiting list.

Makes me fell good that my journey ends and somewhere out there, someone's is just beginning.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today wasnt the greatest as far as mood goes. Got a grey funk over me. Physical symptoms have subsided pretty much. Sneezing stopped, sweats come and go but feel fine. I am going to run a hot bath shortly and soak for a bit to see if it helps the jittery mood. For the 1st time since I started this detox, I amcraving something to take the edge off and as the evening wears on, its getting intense. Found myself half assing stuff today with the care of my animals and feelin bummed about that. I used to do alot of prep work with their nutritional requirements and plan days out in advance. Today I just tossed random stuff in their habitats, but I couldn't gdt motivated to take the time to put effort into it. My iguanas gave the uncut foods and fruits a look like "wtf is this? You seriously want us to eat uncut foods? Biotch get it together".

my tegu is taking advantage of my less than "on my toes" state and nearly got loose (he is super aggressive and hates everyone but me, so not good having him running free when my stepson and hub is here).

I guess I feel inadequate at the moment. I havent allowed my birds out in 10 days, my reptiles have been locked up to for the most part and am scared because I havent had any desire to spend time with any of them and I used to every day. On any given day, you could walk into my house and quite possibly been greeted by two 6.5 foot iguanas, or a couple of parrots and I feel so guilty but yet have no desire to fix it. My folks stopped by earlier and the first thing my dad asked was "where the hell are the animals?". Had to tell them they were in their habitats and not being social today. =(

I hope this passes soon...........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also, the hubs doesn't understand. He thinks it should all be over, me back to normal with my usual ms. Sunshine attitude and bee bopping around like itwas just a "bug" and i am over it. I really wanted to throw his ass into the tegu's pen when he asked "what the hell do you have to be depressed about?".

Really? Really? He was standing next to the pen and the tegu was hissing and slamming into the pen trying to bite him through the chicken wire. I had this mental image of pushing him in and screaming "what the hell do you have to scream about, its only a 3 foot lizard ya douchebag". Lmfao. Ya, sadly the evil thought did cross my mind...........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Once again, the hot bath worked wonders. Maybe my new "fix" at night. Lol stayed in it longer than last night and played some relaxing music I found on youtube. Cleared my troubled mind. Hoping sleep comes tonight. 3 to 4 hours a night is wearing me down I think.

Heading into day 11 tomorrow. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nice! You are almost at the 2 week mark! Have you tried anything OTC, or natural remedies for sleep? Are the sweats still hitting you hard? I just had my first little outbreak of sweat. It's the worst! But, that means that the poison is coming out of your body, right? Congrats again, and I will check in tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Slept like a baby lastt night. 10:30 till 7 am! i cant believe it. Think my body finally said "enough!". Hopefully it sticks. So nice not waking up drenched in sweat at 3 am.

day 11 starts. Its a day off for me and am determined to take care of my animals properly and get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. One of my dogs has a vet appt at 5 pm and I also rented a movie I want to watch. Trying to stay really busy so I keep the restless anxiety away. I had it bad yesterday.

Mama, I still have the sweats as of yesterday anyways. Not sure how bad they will be today. I did notice a/c sets it off bizarrely enough. I hate the sweats soooo bad. It was and will always be the worst thing for me during withdrawals. I figure they will finally go away once my body learns how to thermoregulate.

So, if you wanna watch a movie that will squash drug cravings, watch Requiem for a Dream. If you havent seen it, rent it! Its an incredible movie about the spiral into addiction. Watched it when I first got clean, and again last night. Luckily, eventhough it was made 14 years ago, comcast has it on demand for 2.99.

Well, getting in the shower and on with my day. Gonna be a gorgeous day and I wanna move the animals outside into their summer habs for the day. I live in the boonies with no neighbors really so I can get away with a small exotic zoo in the backyard. Lmao.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE! can someone please let me know of some good supplements that arent horse pills. I gag and nearly puke trying to swallow the ones I bought. I just spit up a mouthful of coffee all over my dogs head trying to choke down my huge pills (sorry Ryka, but at least you smell like french vanilla now). =/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yaaaay! You got some sleep! I have seen Requiem for a Dream, and yes, it is gnarly with absolutely no happy ending for any of those addicts! I've been taking quite a few different things, but I also have Rx comfort meds. The stuff I've been taking that you can get OTC are B-6 tabs, L-Tyrosine (capsules), Passionflower, which are capsules and supposed to help with sleep and anxiety, and a multu-v, but that is a horse pill. I'm still so happy you got some decent sleep! I remember from other kicks I've done that the lack of sleep started making me hallucinate after about 2 weeks! And you can enjoy the day off, nice weather, and hang with your animals! Keep me posted!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Last night I soaked in a hot bath, took some allergy meds bcuz my nose was really stuffy, put on a breathe right strip and crawled into bed. Next thing I know, I woke up at 7 am. Was so nice.

hope to get a repeat tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So this is how your brain messes with you. I was taking a shower and thinking about my experience to date and thought to myself "ya know, you could go back o subs and do a proper taper" and I was like "hhmm, I could do that", then I snapped out of it like "wtf are you thinking, you wanna do the past 11 daysall over in a couple months? Idiot, smarten up".

So ya.....be mindful of your thoughts. They can get you into trouble!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree 100%! My own brain is my worst enemy right now! From what I've experienced in the past when I had several years of clean time, those crazy thoughts would still creep back in even after years! It's just our addict brains trying to convince us that we can " keep it to under control" next time, which we all know is BS. It's great that you post your crazy thoughts! It helps a lot to just get it out of you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Todays theme: anxiety, anxiety, anxiety. Sweats, sweats, sweats (most likely from anxiety).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next