It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOING IT!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:17 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Day 8!!! Congrats! No matter how you feel, you are strong and a true inspiration! Like rca said, when I hit the .5 mark I went through a bout of some depression and extreme lethargy as well, but it passed. And yes, to answer your question earlier, I am very excited about the jump! I can't wait to post on here that it is my day 8 as well! I don't remember, but do you have any meds for this process?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Called in a favor this mornin and asked one of the other trainers if she could cover my classes today and she is. So I have a get out of jail free card today. Sitting with my husband this morning I had a wicked bad anxiety attack and felt like I couldn't catch my breath, my chest was pounding, hands were shaking, and the sweats came back with a vengeance. It was him who suggested I see if I could find someone to fill my shift and classes. Didnt have enough determination to say "nope, I will push through".

he actually got all the birds and reptiles fed this morning for me and he has never done that before, even when I was sick with random shit in the past so he must feel bad for me or I must really look like shit from the past 8 days of sleepless nights.

strange how things didnt amp up until I got further into withdrawals. I would of thought the 1st 5 days would of sucked the most.

Holding on......even if its a white knuckle grip.......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have no support meds except immodium which I stopped taking because I read that it prolongs the detox process and drags it out worse! I dont need that!!!!!!!!!! Threw that stuff away last night.

so just motrin, water, some supplements that came yesterday and thats it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:27 am 

Bupe has such a long half life that it's really normal for these days to be among the worst in terms of withdrawal. It's not unusual (unfortunately) to feel a resurgence of anxiety or depression as you detox. A lot of us abused opiates to cover these difficult feelings and they do come back with a vengeance when you are detoxing.

Keep hanging in there! We are all on your side!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Heading into the afternoon of day 8. The morning issues with wicked anxiety passed and the oppressive dark mood is lifting. I feel a bit feverish and weak so I drove to the store and bought 2 jugs of gatorade thinking I am probably really dehydrated. Slightly shaky a bit and a dull roar headache but I bet after I polish off a bottle of Gatoraide, most of those symptoms will go away.

holding on to hope that I am rounding the corner as I head in to day 9 tomorrow. It just has to start getting better soon!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

trainer14 wrote:
Heading into the afternoon of day 8. The morning issues with wicked anxiety passed and the oppressive dark mood is lifting. I feel a bit feverish and weak so I drove to the store and bought 2 jugs of gatorade thinking I am probably really dehydrated. Slightly shaky a bit and a dull roar headache but I bet after I polish off a bottle of Gatoraide, most of those symptoms will go away.

holding on to hope that I am rounding the corner as I head in to day 9 tomorrow. It just has to start getting better soon!

I've heard both Gatorade and Pedialite are good, but I think Pedailte is better? Anyway, I've been keeping stocked up on that, and everyday drinking a few glasses of half water, half Pedialite and I think that is really helping. BTW it tastes horrible unless it is really cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Starting to feel better as the day wears on. Went and walked around the dollar store and bought some sleep aid and more ibuprofen and just came home. Planning on taking the dogs for a walk through the woods with the hubs here shortly. Got a little annoyed while at the store because I was seriously overcome by a serious hot flash and then the sweating came back. Drove home turning on the ac, shutting it off, putting the window down, putting it back up, turning the ac back on the whole 20 minute ride home. Felt like I was gonna scream!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dont wanna jinx myself again but I feel great. My body feels so much better after drinking that jug of Gatoraide. I must of been really dehydrated. All the anxiety has lifted for now and I have been in a good mood. Please let this be the turn in the road!

Day 9 tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Evenig is closing in and I havent regressed at all! I feel like when you have the flu for a few days and the day it breaks, you feel a bit weak but a whole lot better. Been guzzling Gatoraide like crazy all day and I think it helped alot in my feeling better.

my mood has been pretty good since I started to feel the wthdrawals ease up. Not feeling like this is not doable anymore. Last night I entertained thoughts of calling my dr monday and asking for that script but that has passed. No way in hell do I wanna have to do this shit again! Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better and I get some sleep tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I dont know if its just the turn in the road, placebo or just helps but two hours after I took the new supplements, I started to feel a whole lot better and it stuck all day. I bought a bottle of stuff called Adrenal Support and a bottle of stuff called Focus. The adrenal stuff is suposed to help your body cope with stress and fatgue and the focus stuff helps withnatual endorphin release. Could be all bunk but shit, I will try anything all natural at this point!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THE ROCKY ROAD HAS SMOOTHED OUT! Heading to work shortly and feeling great! First day back since day 1 off subs (aside from fridays disaster), and I feel ready!!!!!!!!

Sleep sucked of course, but find I have energy regardless. I am sure 5 hours in after standing and walking around I will be praying for 7 pm to come. Full week of work ahead as I forge into week 2!!!!!!!

So happy I stuck it out and am finished (almost). Once sleep finally returns and the sweats stop making surprise visits, I will feel like a brand new woman!

Took my vitamins and supplements this morning, had a cup of coffee, smoked acigarette on my deck and thought to myself "this is going to be a good day, I can feel it".

Barely any symptoms. Shaky a little, but no anxiety or panic attacks.

Here's to a brand new day

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whew, its hot outside!!!! Its a beautiful day here folks. Sitting outside of work in my car waiting for my shift to start in about 10 minutes. Feeling pretty good. Sweaty as hell but that is probably due to the fact its 85 degrees out. The ac at work will feel good (till I get chilled from a soaked shirt).

Mood is light and I have a decent amount of energy considering I got 3 hours sleep. Gonna be a long 11 to 7 shift than usual (subs helped with energy for me) but tonight I am hoping my exhausted state will help me sleep longer.

Enjoy the day if you can!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I love your attitude.!! The next week will have its ups and downs. For me, the ups and downs hit like waves, followed by complete normalcy. Symptoms have a way of creeping back , especially when you feel stressed, so be prepared for,it and accept it. Your very close to having this burden behind you! After 10 days everything becomes manageable. It seems like jumping in thelate spring months is more suitable for sub wd. My worst symptom ither than sleep was extremely cold feet and hands. Keep posting please!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

great attitude, that's what it takes!!!!!! keep pushing it thru, post, and continue to remain busy. I know when I made my mind up to stop there was nothing going to stop me. I was dying inside so I felt the only think I had to loose is my life, and I was and am still not ready to roll over and put my self there. you have come so far, too far to turn back now, but what a good thing! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

2 hours in and still feeling fantastic. Really sweaty (sweats just dont wanna let go), but totally doable. Got some awesome news, they only need me till 5 pm which made me happy to hear!!!!! So just 4 more hours of pushing through and I can head home =)
Slight fatigue but nothing that makes me wanna go sit down and give up. Just feels like I am functioning on little sleep. Which I am!!! hahaha I'm on my 15 minute break at the moment. Enjoying the outside and great weather.

I couldnt be happier with day 9. Looking forward to day 10 tomorrow!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

trainer14 wrote:
2 hours in and still feeling fantastic. Really sweaty (sweats just dont wanna let go), but totally doable. Got some awesome news, they only need me till 5 pm which made me happy to hear!!!!! So just 4 more hours of pushing through and I can head home =)
Slight fatigue but nothing that makes me wanna go sit down and give up. Just feels like I am functioning on little sleep. Which I am!!! hahaha I'm on my 15 minute break at the moment. Enjoying the outside and great weather.

I couldnt be happier with day 9. Looking forward to day 10 tomorrow!!!!!

Positive mental attitude, keep hydrated with the sweats, that may have been one of your issues the other night. you sound like your mind is so in the right place, if not fake it till you make it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fatigue seems to come in waves then I get hit with a shot of energy and its kinda like wash, rinse, repeat but completely manageable!!!!! I do however SMELL TO HIGH HEAVEN!!!! Been sweating all day and cannot wait to get this shirt off the minute I get home. Trying hard to not lift my arms above my head out of fear of knocking someone over with the stench. lmao. My deodorant quit on me about an hour ago. On my 2nd 32 ounce bottle of gatoraide so am staying hydrated.

Will probably throw myself a "finally stopped sweating" party when all is said and finally done.

All in all folks, not much to deal with as far as craving subs or any drugs and no anxiety as of yet. Deal with that if and when it hits me!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some advice to those about to jump. Stay over hydrated at all times! Felt remarkably better after pumping fluids into myself yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Finally home and absolutely exhausted. My legs ache and I feel way over tired. I sure hope I finally pass out later from sheer exhaustion and maybe eek out 5 hours tonight. The 3 hours a night is killing me. I plan on taking a hot shower shortly because I feel down right nasty from aall the sweating today. One point today the sweat was just rolling down my face and back. So gross for a chic!

Aside from the sweating and fatigue, everything else is good. Mood is still great.

tomorrow marks the 10th day and I am shocked and amazed I stuck it out past day 3. I never thought I could do it and here I am, on the 9th day, back to work and getting through the days! Granted I am draggin ass but I am doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My prayer for the night:

that I sleep more than 3 broken hours
I dont wake up at 1 am drenched in sweat
if I do wake up, I can easily fall back asleep
the rls and achiness deep in my bones eases up
tomorrow goes as well as today
the sweats stop!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next