It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I was on hydrocodone for years, 12-15 mg daily. Went on suboxone, 3 1/2 films daily (8 mg ea) for a week, down to 3 films for a week, (with one day back up to 3 1/2) and so on down to 1 mg the ninth week. Then for two weeks it was less than 1 mg every other day, for sleep. All this time I was taking 12-15 mg of Ativan daily, and have continued averaging 12 mg since then. During the taper, physical side effects were minimal (some leg pain, some wierd head feelings). During and since the taper, I've thought there were strange things in the house, and those illusions/sensations have greatly diminished. Here's my fear: does my Ativan stop the WD process so that I'll always feel depressed and have illlusions and/or actual hallucinations? Or is the body able to get rid of the Ativan (my next project) and continue with the healing process?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi,,,
I saw your other post, too about hallucinations,,,, the only time I ever experienced that, was in withdrawl, too.
horrible withdrawl.........
I don't remember how I dealt with it, to be perfectly honest.

to answer this post however,,, I don't have much experience with any benzo's myself, , , I'd binge on them, trying to feel
better, mostly to TRY and get my muscles to relax, when I was in w/d.....

however, I did dig up some old threads, where people wrote quite a bit about it.
if I were you I'd take a lil time and at least scan thru these and see what you can come up with.

HOPEFULLY in the mean time, someone with more experience will let you know anything that will help.

good luck
and I do hope you stick around

LINKS------------------------------------------------------ Thread Title---------------------

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=79 Suboxone and Ativan

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7320 Suboxone and Ativan and differing medical approaches

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5738 day 3 benzo/suboxone withdrawl

Sorry I couldn't help MORE,,, but this is the best I can do :roll:

I hope it helps, if only a little.
you can search too, by hitting the search button, at the top of any page, then put in the words you'd like to find in posts/threads
the thing is, on this site,
many many people talk about not taking benzo's with suboxone, OR taking them FOR suboxone withdrawl. so you have to weed out all that stuff......................feels impossible, believe me that's what I just spent time doing!!!
it's ALL good though, I'm not complaining, just wanted to give ya fair warning.

good luck

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had the same ? and was going to ask you. I have a benzo issue too that I need to address but i am trying to address the sub issue first. its harsh. are you now off the sub completely? maybe i am reading your post wrong. But to answer the question i think you had to us long tterm benzo users. long term use of benzoes can cause depression, suicidial thoughts and more. I actually called a detox today and have to check back tomorrow. because i just don't know what to do with myself anymore. the sub is by the worst at least for me...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Girl20 and welcome. I'm assuming you meant you were taking 12-15 hydrocodone tablets a day not 12-15mg, is that correct? In response to your question, I don't think benzos block opiate WDs in any way - they are often used to treat the symptoms of WD, such as anxiety. Interestingly, I have heard more people report hallucinations as a result of Benzo WD than of opiate WD. A lot of people use benzos to potentiate opiates, i.e. to make the effects stronger. Your post makes me wonder if the reverse might also be true, that the Sub somehow made the effects of the Ativan stronger or last longer. And now that you are off the Sub you are also experiencing some Benzo WD? I'm really just guessing here, this would be a good topic to have Dr. J comment on. In any case, go very slow with the Benzo taper, even slower than you did the Sub. Do some research on it - some say it should take months to a year. I hope you feel better.
Lilly