It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all, thanks again for all the helpful and supportive replies in my other thread about taking Suboxone long term.

I have an issue right now, and I apoligice if this has been covered because I'M SURE it has (but I didn't see it lately in this topic). There are a lot of topics so sorry again if this is the wrong spot. This does include side effects to an extent tough... I was just given a new brand of Generic Subutex for the first time ever in 2-3 years!

OK... so I was just recently got my meds and I see it's switched from Roxanne Labs to TEVA. I remember TEVA from the Oxy/Hydro days and I always thought it was a crappy brand personally. I find the taste is a lil more bitter, and the compound of the pill seems lighter weight on these TEVA brand Subutex. It always is harder to break apart despite being lighter and dissolving quicker. I also have the weird feeling I'm kind of "high". I don't like it because I found myself itching a lot and it reminded me of that crazy side effect of pain pills where you itch nonstop! I think it might just be in my head but I didn't like the taste, to me it tasted a lil more like the time I tried Methadone and it had this NASTY artificial taste!! I kind of tasted something similar in these TEVAS. I'm just probably worrying too much due to my anxiety AND THE FACT I've gotten generic Roxanne Subutex for the last 2 years straight!!! I just switched to Walgreens from CVS because I saw the price was 15 bucks cheaper ($127 at Walgreens & $144 at CVS). I've been going to CVS for the last 3 years and I got really used to Roxanne. I like how the pill is a circle because I make #30 8mg tablets last me 3-4 months! I only take 2-4 maximum mgs a day so its become routine to break them into 4's. Then I usually take the 4 pieces and break them into 2 doses for the day. I've been doing this for years and don't like change. Now I see these TEVAS are oval shaped just like the BRAND NAME Subutex but now I don't like the oval. Its now changed my routine how I split the dosages and like I said, they don't break apart as evenly as the Roxanne. Maybe this is all in my head??? I haven't done any web searching yet because I'll probably convince myself they are no good...lol.

I'll check back here soon & this is only day 2 on the new brand so I'm still wondering if it's in my head or if it's true. Like I said I'm sure this issue has been covered and I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse, just would appreciate some input! Thanks! Hope everyone had a good Monday :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi! i am glad you started this thread, i tried but had problems, i use my phone for internet. i have had both, didnt see much difference with roxane to teva, but saw a huge difference in the new hitech pharma brand. they are tiny{so we cant make an 8 go far} so i thought it was in my head that they wouldnt work well. for the 2 months on them, i was having nausea, sweats, chills, anger, sadness, depression and always looking forward to my dose. just recently when i refilled, they had roxane. i took my morning dose and didnt take more the rest of the day, i felt so overmedicated! so that proved it is not in my head. my pharmacist is only ordering roxane brand for me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While I've only ever taken RB variety of Subutex/Suboxone, I have noticed differences in generic and brand name medications in the past. I really get the feeling there's a lack of testing done by the authorities with some of these medications.