It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I was wondering if someone had an answer for me? Does suboxone show up in a basic drug screen?The test I am talking about is the instant urine test that has the indicators right on the cup. Does it come up as an opiate? Will I test positive for opiates? If someone can help,please do as my freedom depends on it!
Thank you very much!, JOEY

Post subject: Nope!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nopers!! It does not show up on the standard 5, 7, or 10 pannel test (and so on). It will not show up on an elaborated opiate test (one that inludes substnaces such as codeine, morphine, heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone,......and/or other specific opiates only) either. There is a specific test for suboxone, buprenorphine. The dr might give you (assuming its the suboxone dr you are talkin about, even though in this case it probably isnt...) several tests or a couple tests, say to test for the suboxone, (burenorphine test) and opiates or other illegal drugs. I have heard of several who test for benzo'a (xanax, valiaum etc) along with the suboxone. The reasons are so diversion is limited hopefully, to make sure people aren't concurrently taking suboxone some days and full agonists other days, and also so that people do not accidently od.

I do think that you are more worried for your job or PO or something along that lines. Most jobs do not test for buprenorphine, allthough I am sure it will become more common place as it is being used more with time. I do not know if most or any PO's test for bupe, unless of course that is a part of the terms and he knows you are on it already. I have no clue if they test not knowing at all if you are on bupe. All my answers come from experience and research that I did, take it for what its worth!! Keep in mind that I would never say anything to anyone on here that would be knowingly bad/wrong info. I am no doctor, I have been on suboxone for just about 6 months and have nothing but good in my opinion to say about it.

I hope that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible for you. I have barely been here only a good 3.5 weeks, on this forum, but absolutley love it!!! The atmosphere is much more geared for us who have made the suboxone decesion and eveybody is sooo supportive. Of course everybody experssing their own opinion will end up having some speed bumps once in a while, but all in all, this site is awesome for support during the opiate addiction recovery proccess, or any part of the proccess for that matter. I hope I had atleast helped a lil bit.....good luck!!!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While Red has given you some pretty good information, I wanted to add in that it really is going to come down to the specific urine drug test that is being used. You specifically referred to a type of test that has the indicators right on the side of the sample cup. I can tell you that is the type of test that my doctor has me take AND IT DOES test for Sub/bup. He tests to make sure that patients ARE TAKING the Sub and ARE NOT TAKING other drugs - opiates and otherwise.

Red is completely correct in that the standard five or ten panel tests most often DO NOT test for Suboxone. He is also correct that most tests out there also DO NOT test for Sub.

Unfortunately all of this really still does come down to a crap shoot. By that I mean it comes down to the specific type of test that you are given. You didn't say why you are worried or who is administering the test and I'm not going to speculate. However, if there is anything else anyone here can help you with, perhaps if you provide some additional information, there are some others here that can help. It is always "hell" when you are having to worry about "beating" a drug test. It is always so much better when you do not have to worry about that.

Good luck with your testing. Please let us know how it works out!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Joey -

I hope you are reading this post. Good info from BigRed and donh. I think the other thread mentioned you may go back to prison if caught driving and on opiates.

If you go Thursday to the doctor, and the doctor and you decide to use Suboxone to treat you - will that be held against you? Some cases, I believe, are OK'd with methadone treatment.

My thoughts are this. If you are in treatment, and OK with methadone, - then you would be even 'more OK' with suboxone. It is not a full-agonist opiate. I'm not in the legal department, nor a doctor. I think you may have insight here that we may not have. If your parole is hinged on being 100% clean of any opiate at all, period, end of story, then there is a slight chance they might test you for Suboxone 'specifically'... If you are in a treatment program, being treated by a doctor with suboxone - it would seem that it would be in everyone's best interest to encourage you to continue treatment. But, again - you know that world much better than I (or probably many of us here)... Sorry if this is of little help. I still think you are better off getting treatment and on a program, over just trying to get clean for a test here and there and living the roller coaster lie of opiates.

BEST!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think that was excellent info from donh and lathe.

As far as what donh said about the specific tests, I couldn't have said it better myself!! Obviously, cause I didn't say that in my post before.......but yes, takes these into consideration, and maybe let us know a lil bit more if you want to on your situation.

Hope we could help, good luck and keep us updated!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject: drug test for best buy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey guys,

on the online application process, best buy said they would test for in the drug test: marijuana, opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine. Will suboxone show up on the test? I do not want to tell them I am prescribed to it as they will immediately know that I am a recovering addict and do not want them to hold it over my head, on the other hand, if it will show up, I rather let them know before hand so I definitely get the job.

Thanks so much, I appreciate everyones advice and input!!

aoooow wolfman

heres to 40 days of being totally sober!! yahoo for H2O!!