It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Methadone for close to 8 years now. All is going well. I am an exemplary client, get 27 day take homes, never broken a rule, other than like 3 dirty urines in 8 years.My number one problem with methadone is the sweatting. It is so bad, completely out of hand. People at work just look at me like I'm an alien. Know exageration here, I work in an air conditioned building, though I do work physically - I'm a maintenance man. Everyone else around me is bone dry, fresh as can be, and I am soaked! All day, everyday. It drives me batty. If I do switch to subs, does it get better???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've noticed that Suboxone ....during the HUMID Alabama summers...causes a little more sweating than I'm accustomed to..but then again, we have an average dewpoint every day of 70 or above. So there is LOTS of moisture in the air. But in my home, doing normal housework (laundry, cleaning, etc), I don't sweat anymore than usual unless the A/C gets turned up around 78. Mostly I only start pouring sweat when I'm outside in the extremely high temps (2pm-6pm) on those humid southeastern US summer days. Our problem in Alabama is having the gulf moisture mostly encompass the state during the summers, so it adds to our heat and makes it feel hotter than it really is.
Never been on methadone, besides going on a binge once, way before I ever found Suboxone or even cared about treatment. I had a friend who got methadone from the VA and was given them for pain...and I took a couple - which, in turn made me throwing-up sick. I never touched another one after that..but I didn't really take enough to see what effects it had on me.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI METHADOIAN8 AND YA JUST TODAY I SWEAT SO MUCH FROM GETTING THINGS DONE I FEEL AL MOST LIKE I HAVE BEEN SWIMMING AT A LAKE AND WATER LOG FROM 5 SOAKED SHIRTS AND NO SHIT NO LIE :oops: I ALSO FIND IT HARD TO HAVE PEAPLE SEE ME LIKE THIS ANY MORE. AND HI JONATH-1978

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wake up drenched in sweat. My pyjammas cling to me n are soaked. My hair dye is smeared all over the pillow cases.
Thankgod I'm single because it's not nice to see this fat thing sweating everywhere n during the day the sweat will pour down me but may also be the weather as it's in hot in the UK.

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hmm.. Methadone was my DOC for years before getting clean on Suboxone--of which I have now been clean almost 5 years (August 31, whoop whoop!).

I never experienced sweating on methadone, ever...unless I was withdrawing. And, I have never experienced sweating on sub....

I wonder why you and other people do?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Does Sub cause sweating like methadone does? In my experience, no. I find I'm more sensitive to the cold in winter while on Sub though, but that's as far as it goes.

If you detest the sweating from methadone, then Sub may be the answer to your problems.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Methadonian! I was on methadone for a good while some years ago. You are sooo right...sweating was one of the most annoying side affects. I live in the south so summers were almost unbearable. And..the sweats never went away until I got waaaaaaay low on my dose. I've only been on Suboxone going on 3 weeks now, and I have not had any sweating at all. Headaches, yes. Sweats, no.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I still sweat n been On suboxone 3 months. My face is all shinier than a brand new car but it was worst when i was a out of my antidepressants for a week. Would go hot, sweat as in DRIPPING then in a second would freezing cold with all that sweat stuck to me. Yuk. Was diiiiiiiiiiiisgusting n made me feel sick. My clothes would stick to me n felt chlaustrophic n panicky x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

The oxycodones used to make me sweat, but these Suboxones really open up my sweat glands. With just the slightest bit of exertion, I'm drenched.

I'm at 2mg a day of sub after starting at 4mg about 2 months ago. My doc has been aggressive in tapering me and it's been working. I can't wait to get down to about .25 or .50 and jump off these things. I'm not sure what kind of WD I'll be looking at, but it'll beat these freaking sweats!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

EVERYONE is effected differently; I was on methadone for years at a high dose of 240mg daily and didn't have the slightest problem with sweating. I was cognizant of the fact that it was a major methadone complaint at the time but it never effected me that way at all. The same thing with buprenorphine today. However I would have to say I sweat more on buprenorphine in general because my anxiety level is in general a bit higher at times due to the significant loss in opioid and, in turn, anxiolytic effects between the two medications.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I sweat way beyond normal. I could just be standing still doing little activity and break out in a sweat. When I get into any physical activities I pour sweat. My doctor diagnosed it as hyperhidrosis. It is really annoying sweating so much.