It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I read some say ths potentiates bup and so you can use St John's Wort to help you taper off the last bits of subs. Anybody else has have experience with this?

On the note of potentiate what can help tapering those final bits of subs?... It seems low doses are very potent and I notice a decrease in sex drive, endorphins, no OTC pain pills help as they use to when on 1mg and higher and so forth.. Its like the low doses are covering more of the receptors then 1mg and over ever did.

Is it true we are better off jumping from 1mg and higher rather then from low sub doses? it seems more people make it to the other end from either tapering small amounts or jumping from 1mg and higher, then those who jump from tiny doses. I also hear that jumping from higher doses your letting your body taper you off, rather then suffering lingering withdrawals jumping from tiny doses/tapering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just want to ask a couple questions because I dont understand.

•why do you want to potentiate it? To make it stay in your system longer?

•what makes you think st johns wort will work?

•can someone just please explain to me what potentiate is/does?

Thanks

Squeaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

People ask questions like this because they want to try and get high or that first day buzz back. That's it. We are addicts. They will tell you it's to make it "work better" or other excuses. But it's the Case of getting high 10 times out of 10 1/2 lol.

Don't try any of that stupid shit you read on different forums. It's not worth your time to maybe increase by 10% or so. It's all dumb and has zero true effect. The only true potentation... If that's a word lol... Is high proof alcohol to boost bioavailability if you really just want to stretch out your bupe.... Not get high.

That's my view. How I see it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Who said anything about getting high?

I asked this question because I want to feel the sub holding me all day and mentally making me more motivated. I stopped getting a high from bup years ago, so that is the last thing on my mind.

I was hoping there will be something out there that increases endorphins and serotonin levels, aswell as dopamine while tapering the subs.

Before on 1mg I use to feel alright and had energy, raise of endorphins during exercise and motivation, but this seems to have decreased while am tapering, so am hoping there can be something that can potentiate bup so I can function mentally aswell as pshycally.

I may just go back up to 1mg or 2mg and jump, I heard this route helps to jump off subs because of its half life holding you and tapering you off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Potentiate means to potentially make something more potent or work better. An example potentiation of things non drug related could be body builders sometimes use an amino acid called l-arginine to increase nitric oxide levels, which in turn help with blood flow to tissue and muscles, which in turn would help to deliver the protien and nutrients in the muscle shake they drink. So the l-arginine is the potentiator for the muscle shake/drink.

As far as st. johns wort potentiating bupe, im not sure. But st. johns wort is supposed to help promote feelings of well being, so maybe it could make you feel better icarus. I used to sell supplements and such over the phone for a living and a few years ago we sold a natural remedy for pain from arthritis,the main ingredient in it was called sam-e. I believe the sam-e was derived from some kind of root or cactus, but people claimed it helps with joint pain and provides an overall sense of well being and emotional health, anti-anxiety ect. Ive never tried it myself though cuz its pretty pricey, the gnc in my area sold a 2 week supply of it for over 30 dollars. You could do your own research on it though and see if it would be something that would benefit you while you taper or jump. 5-hydroxy tryptophan or 5htp (the same ingredient in turkey that makes people sleepy) is supposed to help oncrease serotonin.

I heard that the alcohol trick can almost double the bio-availability of bupe. It that works it could be a great way for people to save money if they pay out of pocket, and want to get the most out of their meds. I dont know if that would help you taper off though cuz increasing bio-availibility means increasing the amount in your system, which seems counter-intuitive to tapering. unless you using that trick to potentiate a lower dose of bupe. example potentiating 1mg of bupe with the alcohol to get the same effects of 2mg, when you normally just take 2mg the usual way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There ya go...