It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Is it true that the higher the dose of sub your on when stopping,( baby or mom) the longer it can take symptoms to emerge? Im just wondering because Im prescribed 24mg a day and was under the impression that she will show NAS within 1-2 days if NAS is present but now Ive heard tht if your on a high dose like I have been than it can actually take 4 or more days to even show up! Is this true? I have been able to lower my dose to 8 mg's but am getting sick w/d feelings from being on 8. And I think even 8 is high compared to a lot of these other pregnant women in my situation (less than 3 weeks away from d-day and scared my baby will have NAS) and I have no idea how long it takes someone, baby or adult, to show signs of w/d's. I want to know when I should expect to see w/d signs in her if she does have NAS. I had thought about coming off of it all together before having my baby but found out thats a bad idea but I still want to get off asap after having her. I had a really hard time producing milk on subs with my other baby and dont want to have to formula feed this time... but I dont know how long to expect after stopping to go into w/d's with the half life being so long. And does my dosage effect the half life? Str -- Say I was on 24mgs a day -- how long would it take me to begin to feel the w/d effects? And how long after delivery will my baby feel w/d on a dose between 8 and 24 mgs?

Post subject: Experience
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:58 pm 

Bump

Any women out there who can share pregnancy while on Bup stories?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't say for NAS. But for adults on Sub, higher dose generally means a later onset of withdrawal. People on low doses have less buprenorphine stacking effect going on.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Kat, I'm not doubting that you are feeling w/d going down to 8mg but I would be concerned that it may be something else. from what I've read no significant w/d's occur until one's down around 4mg. I know its different for everyone. I dont start feeling crummy til around the 2-3mg/day range. My wife was not on sub but she sure was misserable when it got close to go time. good luck and congratulations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BREATHE!!!!!!!

dont forget the BREATHE!!!!!
I think your kinda stressing yourself out...........sorry, but you are!!! DID you write your letter??? (that we talked about in the other thread?)

I have no idea either, if the same goes for babies, but it would make sense that it would take longer for w/d symptoms to appear. I would THINK by day 4/5 if the baby is NOT showing signs, your probly in the clear. But Im no doctor. Im just TRYING to ease your fears, a bit.
you can keep looking thru the pregnancy threads, and see what others' have said about thier babies. I know there are at least a few that DID have w/d issues. the chances are pretty low I think, and especially since you've already done this once :wink:
remember in the Blog, how Dr. J said many w/d symptoms are 'normal' behaviors for newborns???

I think you've made the right decision to stay on suboxone.
You know you've done the best you can, and that's really all you can do.

Please try to take it easy on yourself. :wink:

good luck,
and dont forget to write your letter!!!!!!!
lol

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks amb, I hv totally been stressing. But I did write my letter and I hv it in my bag. I am going in tomorrow for my induction and will kno by Friday if she suffers from nas. I'm just trying to stay calm and breath. I kno there isn't anything I can do to prevent the inevitable from happening so I might as well not make myself sick about it. I will get back to yall and let everyone kno how my little one is doing soon. Thanks again for all ur support! It's been a huge help for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GOOD LUCK

I hope everything goes great. Im sure it'll be FINE, meaning, it'll end up fine, no matter what happens.

but I do hope everything goes smoothly as possible for you, jeez you've been thru enough already!!!!!!

Just wanted to say good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,

can't wait to hear that you guys are home, enjoying each other 8)

You dont get those moments back, but of course you already know that.

Wishing you the best,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll be thinking of you (both!) :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi there, I just wanted to say good luck to you, and congrtulations on your new baby! I know that everything seems crazy right now, but I have to agree that you are adding more stress to yourself than necessary. I will keep you in my prayers, and wish you the best! P.S. the 20th is my daughter Kylie's birthday too!!![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Kelly and Amber, thank yall so much for your kind words. I'm sitting here in labor & delivery on pitocin awaiting newest edition. Just got my epidural so I'm much more comfortable. I am just trying to keep a positive frame of mind. And my current nurses are great so far which always helps . But I will keep everyone posted and I'll b sure to post my story for others with the same concern. And again, thank u all so much for making me feel better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Kelly and Amber, thank yall so much for your kind words. I'm sitting here in labor & delivery on pitocin awaiting newest edition. Just got my epidural so I'm much more comfortable. I am just trying to keep a positive frame of mind. And my current nurses are great so far which always helps . But I will keep everyone posted and I'll b sure to post my story for others with the same concern. And again, thank u all so much for making me feel better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with your delivery and your newest upcoming addition to your family. I just wanted to throw in my support. Hang in there and again, GOOD LUCK! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i just had a baby on subs 5 weeks ago, i was prescribed 8mg, i did only take a very small amount when i gave birth, but my dr told me that the 8mg i was on was the lowest he had any of his pregnant patients on... and the statistics are still the same whether the baby will w/d or not, i know most hospitals around me keep the baby for 48 hrs for monitoring, but i have read that babies could start later, but that was on pages like this, i never asked a professional or anything, so im not sure about fact... i think everything will go fine for you, my dr also said that when some babies do get nas, from sub only 40% are severe enough to get medication like morphine... so thats a pretty good chance ya kno... i have heard of some hospitals keeping the baby for a week to monitor too i guess it depends where u are, but if say u do get to go home and you are worried nas will start after you are home, learn the symptoms and watch for them, if they start to get bad, not just sneezing and some crying as all babies pretty much do those things, but high pitched like hurting scream i would think is nas, and shaking things like that, if the baby isnt eating.... good luck to you and i really hope everything goes smooth for you! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:39 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i think maybe i misread that, are u quitting before u give birth, and are wondering if she will have w/d after that? i think for you it would start with in 48 hrs, maybe a lil longer according to some other stories i read but i dont think it was longer than 72 hrs from any story ive read.. as for the baby if u are planning on quitting before she is born, when would u be planning on quitting, u said u have 3 weeks til dday... if u start lowering urself now, it would have to be a quick detox.. which might put u into labor, and the whole purpose of this would be defeated anyhow, maybe u can slowly detox starting now, and maybe u wont be completly off them, but u can try to get down really low by the birth, i dont know if a smaller dose would help ur milk... i would talk to a lactation consultant about the milk thing... but if u managed to jump off subs say a week before birth, say ur clean off them a whole week, i would think the baby wouldnt have any nas when born... but i dont think it would be easy to do that in only 2 weeks... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

lol i guess i shouldve read the replies!!!! ha sorry taking care of a 5 month old with only a lil bit of sleep is making my brain crazy lol i hope everything is great and ur enjoying ur new addition :)