It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats jorono on successfully reducing your dose. I see you have a schedule and that's great, but your schedule may need to be a little bit flexible? No biggee if you have to push a date.

I'm completely with ya on the libido thing too. When I quit sub it was like I was 17 all over again in that department. My advice to you, enjoy the hell out of it!! :D

Post subject: Days 4-5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 4 - .75 mg

I really wanted to take more so that I could feel a decent buzz, but knowing that I had to come here and post about my experience, well, that was the only thing that kept me on schedule. I think this is really important. Anybody that's interested in tapering down should start their own post and write about it. It kept me on track.

Day 5 - 0 mg

I didn't take anything. Going into the evening, I felt fine, so I made the decision to skip that days dose. It wasn't a problem until I woke up (I slept all night by the way) so...

Day 6 - .5 mg
When I woke up, I was feeling the withdrawals a little bit, nothing too bad (maybe a 2 on a 1-10 scale), but since I'm at a client's place today, I took my dose this morning instead of waiting until tonight. I'm going to try to go until tomorrow night until I take another one.

I gotta say, so far, this isn't bad at all. I'm trying to not take any if I feel close to ok and being able to function, and if I do feel bad, then I'm trying to take just enough to make me feel better. As of now, I hadn't had anymore cravings to take more than I needed since the other night. Hopefully this trend continues.

Until later, and thanks to those that have shared their thoughts with me. I really appreciate your responses.

Jorono

Post subject: Well, I finally did it.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm sorry its been so long since I've updated this forum, but to be honest, it just seemed like more work than it was worth. The thought of coming and posting just reminded me about what I was doing, and I just wanted to focus my attention on other things.

And judging by the lack of response, I don't know if anybody was getting any help from it.

To bring anybody who is interested up to date, I quit taken Suboxone about 10 days ago, and now I'm done. That's it. It wasn't very difficult, to be honest. I stayed home from work one day, but I think that was more from just being tired from not sleeping well for the previous nights, than it was actually feeling bad.

So, to all those that think Suboxone is such an evil drug, please, understand that yes, you can come off it. I didn't even taper down as much as I initially planned. I just felt ready to jump, and so I did.

I do have to say "Thanks" to the community here, as there were a couple days I wanted to take more so I could high, but because of you guys (and gals), I didn't.

So, this will be last post. I don't really feel what I can contribute to this forum.

However, I will check for responses over the next 7-10 days to see if anybody does happen to have any questions or would like for me to explain in further detail what I did. If not, that's just as well. You've helped me accomplish what I needed to do, so if I can help anybody else, the pleasure would be mine.

I wish there was someone I could hug, but alas, its a freaking message board, so...

Until next time,

Jorono

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations on your 10 days off...I wish you continued success, and though it sounds like you won't be returning here, I hope you do...Even just to stop in and share how you are doing thus forward. It's always a huge inspiration to hear success stories, and I hope that you do continue to share yours.

Whatever you decide to do with posting, I just wanted to chime in and say congratulations, and good job!! I am at .50 and still tapering, slow and steady so I definitely know what you went through, and hope to be off someday soon too.

Thanks for sharing, and I wish you nothing but the best!!

Take care, and be kind to yourself!! You did something amazing that took a lot of courage!!

Big hugs!!

Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Jorono,

I'm glad to hear you reached your goal of being off of Suboxone. I'm really glad to hear that you had an easy time of it!! That's great news that will inspire many.