It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys the title says it all... I'm gonna be 26 next year and will have to get off my stepdads health insurance and onto my own. Right now I'm on FrontPath Insurance (my stepdad works in the Union) and I am so grateful that I have only had to pay a co-pay every month for my script, ranging from $20-$40.

BUT I am worried that when I get onto my own health insurance, which will be Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, That I will have a big monthly fee and might have to start thinking about a taper plan which I really cant imagine getting off anytime soon.. I get SEVERE migraines and headaches every single day I am in pain, so until I can get that under control with a treatment that actually helps me, I cant think about getting off when I'm so miserable all the time. Something I have been living with since I was a kid, which is partly how I got addicted in the first place. & I have also had 2 relapses in the past over the years. So you can see my hesitation to get off of suboxone before I'm really ready.. (By the way I have been clean/on subs since 8/30/14)

I live in the Ohio/Michigan-border area.. right near Lake Erie, so if anyone that has anthem could please give me some insight as to how much they have to pay monthly ( I am on 6mg/day.. I get the 4mg strips so 1 & 1/2 strips daily) so I at least have a little heads up it would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you!!! -Jess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 am 

Jess,

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they cover it just fine. A patient needs to do that approval letter every few months after the first few scripts but they always approve it.

Next year my plan will change to the Anthem one and I don't expect any different coverage. All you really need to do is call them and ask. Being one of the largest health insurance companies I believe Anthem operates almost the same as BCBS. Just call and find out.

r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you very much! That is great to hear! I have tried calling about prescription coverage before but was told they cant look stuff like that up. Maybe I just got a misinformed or inexperienced operator. Thanks again!!!! Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas :D