It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Doctors and Privacy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Everyone...

Very new to these boards.. I've been buying subs off the street (horrible I know). It's time for me to man up and go see a doctor. My (self) dose is very low so a 8mg film can last me weeks. I only take about .3 mg.. I cut the film into really small pieces lol

If my work found out about this they would probably fire me on the spot. My insurance is provided through my work.. Is there anyway my bosses would find out what I'm using my insurance for?

I'm on such a small dose I want to talk to a doc and get assistance for my final kick. (not to mention to avoid any legal troubles)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

0.3mg Sub is the opiate equivalent of less than one 5mg Percocet. If I were you I would just stop. You might want to just go to the doc to get some clonidine (which is sort of the "go to" med for opiate WD) or Ambien in case you can't sleep for a few nights. I doubt you will have much trouble, though. Let us know how it goes.
Lilly

Post subject: Privacy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 pm 

Hi MattsFace and welcome here to our forum. I am sitting here laughing at your user name. Very unique I must say.

No, you don't have to worry about your work finding out anything about your medical history. That is what HIPPA is for. We are all protected from anyone knowing about our medical history without our written consent. Maybe some internet hack could get it but you really don't need to worry about that problem at all.

Congrats on getting down to such a low dose. Lillyval said the same thing I was thinking, why don't you just maybe go down a little further and jump off it. It's your choice to bring a doctor into it but with such a low dose I don't think any Dr. will be able to help you much at all. They might suggest using a Butrans patch to wean you down further but that is just a guess.

You are doing really well with your own taper, keep it up and you'll be Sub free in a very short time.

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Lillyval wrote:
0.3mg Sub is the opiate equivalent of less than one 5mg Percocet. If I were you I would just stop. You might want to just go to the doc to get some clonidine (which is sort of the "go to" med for opiate WD) or Ambien in case you can't sleep for a few nights. I doubt you will have much trouble, though. Let us know how it goes.
Lilly

I've tried... I get horrible chest pains and really bad anxiety. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so that leads me to believe its all in my head... I make it worse than it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The clonidine alleviates the anxiety (which is probably causing the chest pain, unless you have cardiac issues). Many people on here say it REALLY helps. Maybe someone who has used it before will chime in and give you more info.