It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: doctorn in western NC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am looking for a subutex doctor in western NC. I cannot take suboxone because of the naloxone. I have been in the hospital several times trying to take suboxone. My tongue swells, I can't breathe and break out in hives. I have medicaid but live in a very small town in western NC. I can't seem to find a doctor at all. Either no one is taking patients or you need a referral. Subutex allows me to live a "normal" life. I work, go to school, have no cravings for oxycodone or heroin as i did in the past. The problem is I'm buying it off the street. I want to do this the legal way. Only one person has told me their doctors name and I applied to be a new patient but it has been a month and no answer. I was warned not to call the office and ask about my application if i was accepted I would be called. No luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 pm 

Hi Lulu,

Sorry no one has gotten back to you about this. It is only because no one knows the area better than you. The same search tools are used by most everyone. May I assume you tried the search button up top? You can also go to NAABT.org for their list.

Last but not least is the amount you're taking. Can you make due with a low amount like around 2 mgs per day? If so, ask your regular doctor for Butrans Patch in 20 mcg's. It ends up being about 2 mg's per day + or - a wee bit. The patch is used for pain so that creates an honesty problem. I've had it and it kept the cravings at bay until I got on Suboxone again.

Increase your search area to at least 100 miles and maybe one will show up. Keep trying and let us know how you're doing.

Welcome to the forum,

rule