It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The only reason that I know of why a doc will NOT prescribe Subutex is because he may suspect the patient may inject it. I was prescribed Subutex and my doctor told me he doesn't prescribe it to patients that he thinks may shoot it. I went back to Suboxone because I couldn't stand the taste of Subutex.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ironic wrote:
Nope, it isn't the DEA. It's Reckitt Benckiser. They won't allow generic Suboxone to be made, either. They've got the patent and will renew and renew and renew.

More doctors are falling in line. I hear they don't get kickbacks, but I almost hope they do..otherwise, it means they are listening to the RB reps and believing their bullshit without even checking the facts.

Generics made byue amneal active and another branded ZUBSOLV bye ox something.... Prices are in my state 2-5 each tab. Same as generic subutex.

And this should please everyone on Suboxone:

"The FDA has referred this matter to the Federal Trade Commission to investigate and address Reckitt’s anticompetitive business practices.”

Source:http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130225005607/en/Amneal-Pharmaceuticals-Receives-FDA-Approval-Generic-Suboxone%C2%AE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

The ENTIRE thing is a huge scam. I don't live in your state. I have been a model patient for 3 years without a falling out or separation. My DR. has over 40 urine screens on me. I was originally on Subutex because I had no insurance and they were around $3 a tab at some of big chain pharmacy. So I was on them for almost 2 years 60 a month, then 45, well recently my DR. went to a "Convention" in CAL and he came back and his office was littered with stuff about the new "Strips" brochures/folders etc. and by this time I had gotten some insurance a few months back.
He then changed me to the strips, I soon found out they were like $12-14 a piece @ local RX places, and come to find out he put all his patients on this "Magic" new drug(that just happens to be the MOST expensive of all alternatives) Well with Obamacare, I have hit a snag with paperwork etc. and now have a gap so I have no Insurance this month but will within a few weeks.
He and his nurse have been telling patients they don't make "Subutex" anymore for the past 6-8 months, well I called 8 different pharmacies yesterday and all said they had them or could get them for me and they were BY FAR THE CHEAPEST. I got it out of his nurse that their "Rep" in CAL(coincidentally) told them that they weren't making Subutex anymore, I told her today they have flat out been lying to their patients, he wouldn't give me anything but strips which would cost around $400 for me for a month CASH. My friend bought 75 subutex from a big chain for 140 dollars. I'm beyond incested and fed up, I don't make very much $, I'm tired of fighting with him and the nurse, I'm thinking about going over his head with all this information. I can't prove he is getting kickbacks from this convention in CA but the events seem very fishy. I could get an entire month of Subutex for what it would cost me for about 12 days of strips. Wonder why the US lead the world in healthcare costs....Anyone with similar situations or advice please let me know, I'm going right into office on Monday and gonna raise Hell. thanks

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I know this is an old forum, but after being prescribed Subutex for nearly a year, my doctor has stopped and refuses to listen to any argument I have. I was going to a place in Tennessee but I live in Kentucky. Does anyone know of a doctor in Kentucky or Tennessee that will write the subutex. I have the same situtation. Headaches, moodiness, etc. on the suboxone. I need help! I don't mind to pay because it is worth it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

link to the Ohio law
http://med.ohio.gov/pdf/rules/CSI_Packet.pdf
look close to the end
I think the (proposed?) law is unreasonable but is the basis for the physicians seeming to be more difficult

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:54 am 

I can't believe how off-base their thinking is.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I too live in Ohio. Your doctor is correct. New laws forbid subutex unless you are pregnant or have severe sensitivity to naloxone. Also, included in the law is a requirement for counseling or AA/NA meetings (3 a week). As well, there is a new 16mg limit/day although doctors have time to taper for people with higher dosage.

It sucks for people like me who are self pay. Subutex is nearly half the price of the strips.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My doctor is in WV. I was just there and the exact same thing happened. He told me that the DEA is putting a stop to them prescribing subutex to people unless they are pregnant women or if you're allergic to suboxone. I just paid 260 for 30 of them still have 60 to get out and for 75 subutex was 140. I can't afford the change and suboxone makes me constipated and gives me horrible headaches. But he wasn't gonna jeopardize his practice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:13 pm 

If there is a difference between how your body reacts to subutex and suboxone I suggest spitting out the saliva after the sub is absorbed. That way you avoid letting the naloxone into your system. I hope this helps.

Amy