It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm getting really tired of my doctor.

First he tells me that he can't prescribe me more than 2 a day anymore because the feds wont let him, then he tells me that prescribing subutex is illegal and now he's telling me that he will cut me off of sub if I don't give him proof that I have pain.

He writes on all of the scripts "For chronic pain" because apparently he can't write scripts for long term addiction treatment.

I do have legit back pain but I don't know if it's bad enough to warrant a script of suboxone.

Does anyone know the minimum amount of pain that you have to have for sub?

My plan is to tell the doctor that I have been in an auto accident in the past and my back has hurt ever since. I have legit pain in my upper and lower back. But I'm scared the doctor will examine me and tell me I'm full of it.

Any ideas on this one?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

[quote="Defacto"]I'm getting really tired of my doctor.

First he tells me that he can't prescribe me more than 2 a day anymore because the feds wont let him, then he tells me that prescribing subutex is illegal and now he's telling me that he will cut me off of sub if I don't give him proof that I have pain.

He writes on all of the scripts "For chronic pain" because apparently he can't write scripts for long term addiction treatment.

I do have legit back pain but I don't know if it's bad enough to warrant a script of suboxone.

Does anyone know the minimum amount of pain that you have to have for sub?

My plan is to tell the doctor that I have been in an auto accident in the past and my back has hurt ever since. I have legit pain in my upper and lower back. But I'm scared the doctor will examine me and tell me I'm full of it.

Any ideas on this one?[/quote

Get an MRI...if you are over 30 you will most likely have something there to warrant some type of pain...lots of stuff, like buldging discs bother some people and others go around like it is nothing...with the MRI...you will give him something for his files to document whatever he is doing...sounds like a real quack to me....but i am sure you are aware of that..

Good luck,'

Slipper

Post subject: MRI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 pm 

I'm with Slipper on this one. My back was injured years ago but not too terribly. Went for a MRI and my Dr. said I needed surgery. I told him no and he prescribed numerous opiates for years and years just because of that MRI. My pain cleared up after I got on to Suboxone. Funny eh?

Or how about finding a legitimate prescribing Suboxone doctor? Time to get on the horn and start calling around. I can surely understand the DEA coming down on him for prescribing it for pain. In the USA, Suboxone is supposed to be only for addiction remission. For pain they prescribe a Butrans patch that has Bup in it but not much.

Good luck trying to convince him of something he cannot see.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: MRI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rule62 wrote:
Good luck trying to convince him of something he cannot see.

That was kinda my thought after reading about your plight, Defacto. I’m sorry to hear about this.

On the one hand, I can see where your doctor is coming from, but on the other hand, if he’s prescribing sub for your opiate addiction, but can’t because of the limitations of his practice, I’d think he should just advise you to find a bonafide addiction doc who can write a script for sub without fear of DEA reprisal. I don’t know your situation or where you live, but if the sub is for opiate addiction, seems to me the logical and most cost-effective way is to find an addiction doc in your area. It doesn't seem right that you'd have to lie in order to get legit treatment. Just my .02.

My best wishes to you, and I hope you can resolve your problem very soon in healthy way.

SI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been seeing him for about two years and now suddenly he says to keep prescribing it to me I have to get proof that I have pain.

The funny thing is, I see him for opiate addiction. I have to take pee tests and bring AA forms every time I go.

I will definitely look into getting an MRI. The thing that sucks about that is I don't have insurance. But I'll figure something out.

Thanks again.