Our Sponsors

do suboxone doctors work for the pharmcuidical companys
yes 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
no 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

man im pissed off the doc want change me to subutex generic he says he's says theres noo such thing and for me to bring a article in about it. I really know what it's about MONEY. I went in after 3pm yesterday. Every other time i got in there are always pharmacuidical reps there with coupons and stuff. My induction was for me to go get the script I STARTED OFF WITH 21 MGS OF SUB A DAY. but i was only takn 24 mgs of methadone a day. I told him that was 2 much i went down to 2 8'mgs a day. I can't afford it when I have to pay 600.00 a month for 1 kid for child support and I'm living on unemployment. I am quiting cold turkey after today god be with me idc wat the odd's are it pisses me off thats all i can say im tired of this.

I am suppose to be taken 16mgs of suboxone, but I haven't i have been in treatement for 2 months i have been only taken 8 mg's and sometimes i forget to take it somedays i believe i can quit.

Post subject: clarification
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:09 am 
Just to let you know:
The doctor doesn't get any less money by prescribing you a generic. And he doesn't make any more when he prescribes you brand-name Suboxone, or prescribes you a large/larger dose. The only one that makes a profit in that case would be the drug manufacturer, whether brand or generic. Your doctor may be unaware of generic Subutex, or unwilling to prescribe it because he feels it could be potentially diverted and abused by injection. I can't say for sure what your doctor is thinking, but to state that doctors who are prescribing high doses of Suboxone and are willing to prescribe long-term or indefinitely are making more money is simply untrue. It would be much more profitable to quickly taper each patient on low doses. And in our health care system physicians are fairly distinct from the pharmaceutical industry. These days the drug reps aren't even allowed to pay for doctor's office lunches and cannot even give them branded pens and note pads. Times have changed. It is also true that in this country the pharmaceutical industry actually gives away more medicine than they sell, through their patient assistance programs. The industry is also responsible for virtually all of the post-doctoral education of the physicians in this country. Because it costs so much to bring a new medicine from molecular discovery to human drug trials, with one-in-a-hundred chance of success, the few major pharmaceutical firms barely recoup their R&D costs through their perceived high-cost patent-protected brand name drugs. Then once the drug goes generic, the original firm which spent billions on R&D receives virtually no more return on their investment. This American free-market system subsidizes the entire world's prescription drug requirements. Unfortunately, Americans have increasingly been stuck with the price tag.