It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Doctor told me
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but my sub. doctor told me the weirdest thing today. What it amounts to is- He said the makers of suboxone sent him info. like they always do and in the next year they are going to start putting microchips in the pills. The microchips will have something like barcodes on them that would tell the cops (or whoever) things like who the pill was prescribed to and the prescribing doctor. That's- well I don't know what that is, but I would think it would be of more value in pain pills or something like that ,not suboxone. I mean I know it's abused and sold, but I tend to think of it as extremely helpful not harmful. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think your doctor may be having a nervous breakdown! haha

How could you possibly put a microchip in a pill that melts in your mouth? I'm an engineer and from personal experience I know that we don't any sort of nanotechnology that can do that. If we did, a suboxone pill would be roughly $3,216,443.00 each. Its expensive enough as it is.

I wouldn't worry.

I used to know this guy who would tell me "The government has satellites... How do you know if they aren't watching everything you do like go to the bathroom?". I said, "Yes, the government, with a 100 million dollar satellite would spend the resources and time to watch YOU go to the bathroom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dude, your doctor needs to come down from the grassy knoll. I have a tinfoil hat to sell him. :shock:

:lol:

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LOL!! I figured he was full of it. That sounded like the most impossible and ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Other than this one very weird instance he's really pretty cool. He doesn't claim to know much (obviously), but his kid got addicted so he became involved with suboxone. Besides he's the only doctor in my area that does longer than 6 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL! Well it does sound funny though!

I think your shrink needs a shrink. Thats like shrink[sup]2[/sup]. Wow.

shrink[sup]2[/sup]+2shrink+1 = (shrink+1)[sup]2[/sup]

haha. I was a mathematics major in college. Its a shame I never get to use it.

My best friend's brother has schizophrenia, and thats not so funny. He thought the movie 'the Matrix' was real. I told my sister about it (she has a PhD in psychology, has a practice) and she started to laugh.I guess she gets a kick out of the delusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jamez, have you ever seen this?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My favorite math problem:

B4I4Q RU/18

I can't tell you what I had for dinner yesterday, but I can prove the fundamental theorem of calculus. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:44 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... pills.html

http://cr.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_ ... _ID=237711

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's obviously not going to happen anytime in the immediate future. Might as well say we're going to be driving jet powered automobiles in the future that can fly and oh yeah we've found a way to cure hunger and poverty that looks good on paper too! Oh wait the metric system is coming too guys! You just wait you'll see! lol

Crazyness to try and convince your patients it's going to happen soon although I suppose you could have just misunderstood what your doctor was saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I guess that's altogether possible that I misunderstood. We were talking about there not being enough help in our area, too many addicts not enough people willing too help. I was telling him about having to buy the sub off the street while waiting get into see him and wanting to narc those people out who really didn't want it but were forced into treatment. Then he brought up that the info from the drug maker was saying that they were looking into this thing. It seemed a bit ridiculous. I thought I'd share it on here. We seem to talk about the good, the bad, and the crazy. I thought this definately fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, god, that is all a bit Big Brotherish for my liking. Especially the part about mental illness and non-compliance. Also, having your medical info transmitted that way just seems like a bad idea. Cause the internet and wireless technology is so secure.

Whatever happened to doctors developing relationships with patients and just asking them if they're takinig their pills? Jeezsh.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

your doctor believes you are diverting your medication and is trying to scare you. end of story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since someone brought this post back up....I think the original poster's doctor was probably talking about the barcodes on the packaging of the new strips that are supposed to make them traceable to the original prescription.

Post subject: lilyval
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:idea: I think you just resolved this question with the correct answer. I was on my way to post it myself. Id still give that doc a foil hat and a pair of foil booties to wear to sleep in too.

Post subject: scary as hell
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After reading the article, I definately am reacting with alarm. This would be an insana invasion of privacy!! AND, I bet the FDA would push it through because of the epidemic of painkiller abuse. I could see it being standard for schedule 2 drugs only, and maybe select schedule 3 drugs.
First, however, they are going to have to get through the lawsuits before they could do this. The reason I'm alarmed is that they would be able to tell how many pills you have stashed away, right? So then if you have 20 extra subs you've managed to save for a rainy day your doc will say "I'm giving you 20 less pills since you already have 20."
That would be scary b/c I have a considerable stash saved up.

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

However, can you imagine how many people would refuse to take their medication because of this? Other than Sub, I would not touch any med with a microchip. And if they do it to Subs, I'll have to dissolve each pill in water.

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 am 
We must be in the year 3011 lol. That seems flat out impossible!! What, you gonna dissolve the pill in your mouth and then take the microchip out after your done so you dont swallow it? lol. Or is it edible? lol. This doc sounds like a quack!! I think he needs to make himself an appointment, with mental health.

Post subject: hahaha!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DOAQ, I LOVE that!!!! That's just too funny. Wait, I'm a girl, so I should be offended, right?

Microchips? Did the doctor actually say the word 'microchip'? I also think he was referring to the films. For those of you who have never seen them, they comes in a boxes of 30 packets. Each little packet DOES have a bar code and if you sell it, they could trace that packet right back to you. The film strip itself does not have any bar code, but once you remove it from the packet, it starts to degrade, so basically this is just a way of making it scarier to sell Sub.

I have much respect for Suboxone and resent the people who abuse it and deal it, etc. However, the amount of effort and money spent of making sure people don't transfer Sub makes no sense to me. Why not spend that money on meth chefs or drugs traffickers?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm 
This type of thing is so ridiculous, why suboxone and not oxy,fentanyl,hydromorphone,oxymorphone ect.? We should all switch to methadone and boycott all this bullshit lol. I wonder how long it will be until suboxone is moved to clinic only dosing like methadone because of idiots who do the wrong thing with it. It realy angers me thinking of all the shady people with insurance going in and getting on suboxone so they can get their 90 8mg tabs a month only to turn around and sell them for 15$ a piece. I think that Drs should be more inquisitive to patients about their habit who come in for sub treatment and actualy drug test them and make sure they are actualy in withdrawal and have a habit not just someone coming in to make money off the medication because they have good insurance. I couldnt believe how easy it was to get on subs granted I looked like death when I went in for my induction and could hear the nurse commenting about it outside the door that she was concerned but I mean i didnt get any drug test or anything. I have a real good doctor tho (my only gripe is he wont prescribe the generic subutex!) so I know he wouldnt just give it to anyone but from what ive heard from other people they dont even get drug tested at all (I get a drug test every month).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Jamez70, I am really stuggling in College Algebra and Trig. Maybe you could tutor me sometime?