It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This wont be an elaborate post, because i dont feel like myself anymore... i feel like dying. I've been on suboxone for 3 days after 50 hours of withdrawing from my last methadone dose. I'm experiencing huge anxiety attacks... my eyes are not focussing, i'm freezing, i've got muscle spasms, i also have this weird electrical shock thingy thats going through my jaw. I'm also experiencing huge headaches... i feel extremely depressed... the list goes on, the worst of all is that i feel like im dispersonalizing. HELP IS THIS NORMAL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jeesh,,,,

I feel for ya.......

Only,, I went from over 150mg a day, of methadone, down to about 60mg of methadone, in 7 days,
took some oxys the day before induction day,
And, well let's just say, it was NO PICNIC

it's definitely "normal" to have a rough ride, transitioning from methadone to suboxone....

I CAN tell you some GOOD NEWS......
this IS GOOD news, remember!!!!

You will feel better, within TWO WEEKS or so,,,,, at least I DID....
I felt a lil better every day, AFTER THE FIFTH DAY
so youre still in "hell zone"
if you ask me......
and it MAY even get a LITTLE worse,,,, for the next 48 hours, but it SHOULD PEAK around there,
and you know, you may even be AT THE WORST OF IT,
now, since you were taking LESS than I was, HOPEFULLY you are at the worst of it....

My fingers are crossed for you.....
have you taken any lopremide? (immodium) that'll help a LITTLE bit, should give you SOME RELIEF,,,,
my doctor also gave me a muscle relaxer,so I could sleep at night,
I had the whole RLS thing, and everything,,,,

here's an old post, you might read thru, I know the guy kinda rambled ON and ON
but it does kinda at least show a TIMELINE of when you SHOULD be feeling better.....

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6552

allright,,,,
I seriously feel for you,
I HOPE YOU MAKE IT
dont give up NOW, your ALMOST THERE
ok?
post whenever you feel like it!!!!!

~~~~~hang in there~~~~~~

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Amber, i will definitely read that post.. :)

This is sooo freaking annoying... i had written a long ass post and my laptop started updating and i now lost
it, anyways basically, i was saying that i think i will get through it atleast i dont think i will relapse. My bf past like a year an a half ago of an overdose and at that time i had relapsed for a few months. I've been on the down for the last 8 years and have been trying to get off it for the last 3-4 years... i have done about over 10 detox's and have always stuck through it till end but each time i couldnt stay clean once i came out. So i decided to get back on methadone after a first attempt in 2006 which didnt reallly work out then but now i have been clean for the last 10 months and used only once in the last year and a half and that a freakin miracle!! its weird cause i had lost my obsessions during that period but now theyre back in full force, i dream of using and i have to say that its unsettling...
I hope that like you i'll be feeling better soon, i have my dr appointment tomorrow and i will ask to raise my does from 16 to atleast 20mg... would that be a good idea?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Is it normal thats its affecting my psychological state!!! is it normal that i feel like dying and im having major panic attacks.... what does should be a good dose for someone thats been on 95mg for a year...and within 3 weeks went down 10mg each week so i was at 75mg for 3 days and he brought me down again at 50mg for my last dose....is 16mg enough?? ive been injecting h for 8-9yrs and about a gram and a half and more each day. i dont wanna brag but i just need to draw a picture of my tolerance cause even at 95mg i was never good for 24hrs a always started feeling withdrawal symptoms 11 hours after my dose... so i think i have a high tolerance and i just dont feel right but my goals is not to be on a high dose for the fun of it cause the reason i did the switch in the first place was because i wanna stop all opiates, and i heard that it was easier to ween off subs than meth...im so distraught that i got back on meth...its so much easier to detox off of h... grrrrrrrrr i hate my life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would THINK that you could for SURE go up a bit,,,

suboxone is a ton different than methadone,,,,

it's REALLY EASY to go down and down on your dose,,,, I went from 24mg to 8mg,
with the whole
"head game" going on, but that's it.... not really ANY physical issues...other than my pain
level, but once I got USED To 8mg, now its working great on pain level, too.

it's a crazy medicine.....
anyways, that's why I say, I think it would be OKAY, cuz you could drop down a bit as soon
as you felt "ready" or away from the methadone w/ds anyways.

and YOU WILL KNOW when those are leaving ya!!!

anyways, I hope your doing OKAY......
it does feel like everythings falling apart,but I promise you , it'll improve!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 am 

I'm pulling for you izalena! I can't add anything to what Amber said, especially since I've never gone from methadone to suboxone. I am hoping that once you physically make the transition to sub and stop feeling terrible, that you will notice some benefits that you never had with methadone. It seems like most of the people who have gone from methadone to sub do pretty well on it. For some folks, suboxone just doesn't work, but I think it does for the majority of people. And you certainly won't know how you do on it until you get rid of the yucky withdrawal symptoms from methadone!

Please keep us updated on how you're doing!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like you may even have been In precipitated withdrawal, that really sucks. Either way, you are definitely going from a high tolerance downward to get on Sub. I truly hope you start to feel better this week. I think anxiety and psychological issues can definitely be due to your WD. Does your Sub doc know how badly you have been feeling? Maybe s/he can give you something for the anxiety short term in addition to maybe raising your dose.
We're definitely rooting for you. Post as much as you want if it helps to get it out.
Feel better,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been there. Methadone to suboxone is extremely tough but worth it in the end (for most ppl anyway.) I think you could be at 24mg at this beginning period for a little while but you should discuss with your doctor. Hang in there. Hot baths.. music.. tv. It will get better, it just doesn't seem like it right now.

*hugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tinydancer wrote:
I've been there. Methadone to suboxone is extremely tough but worth it in the end (for most ppl anyway.) I think you could be at 24mg at this beginning period for a little while but you should discuss with your doctor. Hang in there. Hot baths.. music.. tv. It will get better, it just doesn't seem like it right now.

*hugs*

Thanks! the music is miraculous!!! i have been playing music during my detoxs ans it always made things better! and i take warm baths at night before bed to help with the rls.

and tomorrow i have my appointment and i ll surely mention that to him. thx again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=down]~~~~~~HANG IN THERE~~~~~~~[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

nice post......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm late to the post, Izalena-- hope you're doing better. For what it's worth..... the maximal opioid effect produced by buprenorphine-- i.e. the 'ceiling effect'-- is as potent as 30-40 mg of methadone. Your tolerance was equal to over twice that; when you started buprenorphine, it pulled your tolerance down to the lower level, precipitating withdrawal in the process. The good news is that by now, if you stayed on Suboxone, you have cut your tolerance in half.... The bad news is that you had to feel so lousy to get here.

Taking a higher dose of buprenorphine or Suboxone wouldn't really make a difference, at least from what I've seen. No matter how much buprenorphine you would have taken, the maximum opioid effect would have been the same-- 30-40 mg of methadone equivalents. The only thing to do for precipitated withdrawal is to treat symptoms (with clonidine, and maybe benzos for a couple days), and wait. It rarely lasts more than a few days..... although methadone stays in your system for a couple weeks, so you will likely have occasional hot flashes and other minor withdrawal symptoms for a bit longer.

Good luck-- let us know you're OK!