It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had my regular visit last Friday, however i was unable to pay the full amount for the visit. So my doctor gave me enough subs to survive until i could get the money. A week later i go in to pick up the rest of the script but no one was there. So i was stuck for the weekend, So i took 2 methadones. Today same thing no answers to my phone calls, and no one at the office. Im starting to freak out. I dont feel that bad but i know its coming. Ive been on subs for over a year and the thought of having to find a new doctor is causing some major anxiety! I would love some feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sensitive - that is a really scary situation. I would start looking for new doctors ASAP, just to cover your ass in case your doc DID fall off the face of the earth. Another thought, what about your primary care doctor? Any doctor can prescribe suboxone for pain and maybe s/he would help you out until you can get a new doctor. There is a doctor locator at the top of the page (suboxone-directory.com) as well as three others (naabt.org, samhsa.gov, and suboxone.com). That should get you started. Oh, and in a pinch, you can get like 3 days worth of pills through an ER/ED doctor. Try to stay calm and take action to address the situation. The more you feel in control (and I know that's really hard right now), the better you will feel.

Good luck and do let us know what happens.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.