It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NO Doctor and SCARED!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
I am so new and probably doing this WRONG!! If so, I apologize.
I just stumbled upon this website and am completely blown away that I have been taking Suboxone for over 3 years and did not know this place existed!! Again, I have been taking Suboxone for over 3 years and I am now without a Doctor. I have been looking for a new Doc for 2 weeks now and I cant seem to find one! Partially my own fault...I think I have been trying to "replace" my old one. Which will be IMPOSSIBLE. I had such an amazing relationship with him. I don't want to just "settle" for any Doc with a Rx pad. I have even thought about stopping all together. On the other hand, Suboxone has worked so well for me...'why fix whats not broken'? I am so confused and absolutely scared to death. So here I sit...a weeks worth of meds left...NO Doctor and not a clue what to do...[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello lovely143, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us.

I totally understand why you're scared, I would be too in your situation. Don't just up and quit taking your medication though. I understand the impulse, but it's not a good idea.

If I were in your situation, I would keep looking for a doctor and in the meantime I would ration out my remaining Suboxone. I think it would be better to continue on at a lower dose than to run out in a week and have to go cold turkey. You might have to settle for a less-than-ideal doctor for a little while, but there's no reason why you can't keep shopping for a good doctor as well.

Suboxone.com has a doctor finder which will give you a list of MDs in your area that can prescribe Suboxone. Keep trying and let us know how things go.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

AWESOME!! I have an appointment Sept. 22nd!! Since my previous Dr. was murdered by his wife w/a kitchen knife...my 1st question to the receptionist was...IS THE DR. MARRIED!!! (i swear i asked that!!) too funny, she probably thought I was nuts! Oh well, Im sure they will understand when I go to my 1st appt!
I guess looking for a Dr. to 'REPLACE' my previous Dr. was NOT the correct approach. I will go to my appt...pick the Dr. brain...then go from there! I absolutely refuse to just "SETTLE" Oh well, this works for now!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lovely-
Welcome to the site. OMG is that really what happened to your doctor? I am so sorry about that.People are so crazy anymore-GEEZ.
Glad you got an appointment, if this new doc doesn't suit your needs-keep looking. Nobody should have to settle for sub par treatment, especially with addiction.
As Diary said, ration out your meds til your appointment- and keep us posted on your progress.Best wishes,
Shel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had just seen him 10 days prior. When I seen it on the news I thought I was going to pass out. He wasnt just my Doc...he played a BIG part in saving my life! He was 73...what a terrible way to die :(
Hopefully this new Doc will work out...if not I will keep looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Diary is right about the locator. I found my current doc thru an online locator/matching system. The name of the site I used escapes me right now, but in addition to the one here, I know of at least two others.

Sorry about losing your doctor that way. Having someone that great is special.

Take care,

Melissa