It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm 

I'm thinking that the new generic won't be cheap right away. That's just a guess based on past experience. When Imitrex first went generic the new manufacturer charged almost as much as the name brand. This could be because only one other drug company was making it at the time. It may be different with sub because I think I heard that there are several drug companies lined up to make it. In any case, the price will drop over time. I'm just not sure if people will get price relief right away.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I live in KY, and links will be posted here.
There are two companies coming out with generics, Actavis and Amneal.
This is the PDF from Amneal's website.
http://www.amneal.com/headlines/archive ... -25-13.pdf
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amneal ... 2013-02-25
The second link has a small picture of the bottles and what they will look like. The new generic that is. I am trying to find a better bigger picture and I had one at some time but not sure where it went to.
My pharmacy is just called Brodhead Pharmacy its a small locally owned pharmacy. But when new things come out, you can ask them if they can be ordered and that is what I did, well the information that they came back with was that its out there but they couldnt order it at this current time. This was Thursday of last week. They did show me a picture with the generic bottles on there as well. I had a great big clear picture, I wish that I could find the durn thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is how I found pictures of the bottles. You go to Google.com and type in Amneal Buprenorphine/Naloxone and hit images when you search and the first two or three pictures were just released five days ago of the new generic bottles. I hope this helps, made my curls twirl even more when I heard about all of this.
I dont care if its but 20 dollars cheaper off the bat and then it goes down in cost over a period of time, I wont be helping RB fatten their pockets anymore. That means alot, its a shame how that company is towards the doctors and the lower income patients who cant afford their huge prices.
I cant help but think how nice it will be to make one trip to the pharmacy even though its only three miles from home. Just make one trip and get it all at one time, and if I dont take it all that month throw it in the medicine cabinet and go on. This is what I have been wanting to do for some time now was get a stockpile of it incase something happens. You never know when my husband might lose his employment or my doctor might stop seeing me. Anything can happen, and having that stockpile will help so much in the case that something bad might happen.
I like to think about things like that and prepare. Its best to make sure that we are all prepared for anything. I am crazy that way, I guess.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amen. I hope insurances of all kinds will just worry about costs and pick up the generic only. My doctor still says the film is the safer preferred treatment and will only give generic to people that can't tolerate films. So. I personally prefer the tabs and hope federal and state insurance agencies don't hold onto this whole film being safer garbage and just try to save some money lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well somewhere in one of the articles that I read from Amneal or Actavis, it said that physicians should have NO CONCERN writing this alternative. I mean they have both ingredients in them that the films have. They cant give us the No Naloxone story anymore. This will mean so much for people that have been trying to get Subutex with no hope and for the ones like me who are just trying to save some money. I mean this week our finances are kinda tight because its doctor week, which means 400 dollars from his check has to come out for me, but I think maybe once the generic comes it might only be 350 and then there might not be so more the next pay check. I buy my meds every two weeks, unless I need a few to get me through. Sometimes I might take a little bit extra, it really just depends from day to day.
Like right now, I dont take the whole prescription and I think from the last two months my pharmacy said that I have like over 40 strips down there that are mine. I got 56 from both scripts, I take atleast 30 if not 45 each month. It would be nice to have those bottles of tablets at home already paid for because of the cheaper prices. I like having stockpiles of stuff, you should see my stockpile of blankets and socks. We bring those out for the winter weather, ya never know when its gonna get really cold outside and then have to pull out a extra blanket or so for the cold nights.
I used to have a toilet paper stockpile until my momma dog had puppies and yall know when them little boogers get older, you are following them around with a roll of toilet paper and a plastic bag. We did get them puppy pad trained but it took a week to do it. She had nine, they were so adorable.
Oh I am rambling again.
Anyways, good luck to everyone in their recoveries and getting the new cheaper medication.I hope yall have a good week.