It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Doc on vacation! What!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive been on about 3 mgs of subs a day for about 2 months. I originally was on 8 mgs. I normally have no problem refilling my script, in fact i can usually refill it the same day if necessary. I only refill 10 tabs at a time as it keeps me from overindulging. This usually lasts me a week.
I called to refill today and found out my doc is on vacation for the next 3 weeks! They told me they have another doc who sometimes fills sub scripts and to call in a few days. How can a doctor/company be so unprofessional? I have 2 tabs to last me until monday. This isnt the first time this has happened either, ive had to go without for 5+ days before. Should i give them hell or just let it go? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Are you attempting to get a new month supply? If you are just drawing strips from a current valid prescription, I really don't see why they need to call the doctor.

My doctor will not call in new prescriptions or even fill out the prescription to have refills. So, I'm not very knowledgable in the refill arena.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:31 pm 

That IS super irresponsible of your doctor! My doctor took a vacation to get married and he was in communication with the PA every day, and sending prescriptions by computer more than once a day! He did this on his honeymoon!!

I hope that the covering doctor can get you the script that you need! Is it possible that you can get your prescription just once a month and ask someone close to hold the tabs and give you 10 every week?

Let us know how it goes on Monday.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah my script is valid but for some strange reason when i called to get it filled the pharmacy said they needed it to go throuh my doctor. I honestly wonder if they know what they are doing sometimes (not that i could do it any better). But cmon there are people that honestly need their rx so.... Yeah i have tried giving it to my spouse to hold on to but what works for me is getting small amounts at a time. And it may not make sense but the small amounts make it financially less of a burden (i have no rx coverage). Anyways ill keep ya updated and thanks so much again.

Mahalos, koka1025

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Once you take the script to the pharmacy, shouldn't it be clear of the doctor's hands unless he did a boo boo and not write something on there? I have NEVER had a pharmacy tell me before I got my script that they had to contact the doctor's office UNLESS it was crazy expensive and something similar that was cheaper can be filled in its place. Not sure that the doctor is completely at fault here, I would ask the pharmacy what their problem is.