It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, this is pretty terrible. At least I was thinking of going off Sub and I have jumped from a high dose before. Get this - my doctor made up a lie to be able to stop treating me!!

Last week I saw my Sub doc, and stupidly, I mentioned that last November I had gone to jail for drugs. I was trying to explain why I was gone til May of this year, plus I needed some heart medication continued by him which I had been put on at the jail. Well, he had been prescribing me two Sub strips a day (16 mg) and Androgel because it kills my testosterone. While I was at the office, he gave me the script for Sub. I noticed off-handedly that he had written the Sub script wrong - he forgot to put the "special" Sub DEA number on the prescription. Because as soon as I mentioned going to jail he had left the room, I didn't ask him about it and figured the pharmacy would just call him.

Well, last Friday, he called my pharmacy and cancelled my Androgel prescription. I called yesterday to find out why, and his nurse called me back today. She told me that the Sheriff's office had called them and said I was calling in controlled substances in my Sub doc's name!!! I was literally speechless.....I KNOW IT"S NOT TRUE. I would have never done that in a million years. At first, I freaked and really thought, OMG the police are trying to invent a reason to put me back in jail. But after talking to my Mom about it for a while, we realized that the doctor must be making it up as an excuse to stop treating me. Because he found out I went to jail for drugs, and is afraid to give me controlled substances.

Isn't that fucked up?

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Georgia]There has to be something else going on there. #1) Your doctor doesn't need to make up a reason to stop giving you Sub. He could justify ceasing your Sub treatment for any number of legitimate reason without fabricating that story. Moreover, I'd say that at LEAST 80% of addicts that end up on Sub have a criminal history and have been to jail - if not prison - I know I have, so no doctor would give a shit if you had a criminal background (in fact it would be illegal for them to refuse treatment to you on those grounds) as long as you have insurance to pay him every month. #2) If the sheriff believed that you did that then they would be compelled to press charges on you. It is a federal crime to obtain narcotics fraudulently and not up to the doctor if he wanted to press charges; they would arrest you immediately. Call the sheriff and ask them if that is true - if it is they will get you anyway - and if it's bullshit then call your doc back and call them out. Something isn't adding up, bro. [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

He's my Dad's doc also. I think he saw that I had a history of script fraud and is making it up. What else could it be? I certainly quit calling in scripts when I went to jail. In fact, there has never been a script called in by him, whether legit or not, in almost 4 years.

I think the cops wouldn't tell the doctor, possibly alerting me, until after I was in handcuffs. In the past, they purposefully did not just to entrap me with more counts. And, like I said, I didn't do it - so I think it was a lie. I think he did it so that he wouldn't have to be uncomfortable treating the rest of my family. Since I have a history of it (never with him, though), I think he knows he can get away with it.

Should I call the sheriff? I'm scared of the cops, even though I'm innocent. They can and do frame people, I've met some it happened to. I think if it's true about the cops calling, I will only play into their hands if I call. I'm so afraid right now.

James

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You're right, it's probably not a good idea to call the cops and stir up the situation even if this is all bullshit. Is there another doctor in your area that you can get Suboxone from? Or, and this is the preferred option, perhaps this is a sign from God that it's time for you to get off Suboxone?
If you have the stomach for it you could probably go down to 4 mg right away – even tomorrow. Then, with the rest of the Suboxone that you have left, go on a tapering schedule to make the remaining films you have last as long as possible, making the most comfortable detox for you possible. For me, I am not playing around with any silly tapering; rather, I'm going to continue to go down in relatively big steps and jump off at around 4 mg. At any rate, it's doable for you. There are posts all over this forum of people jumping off from as high as 16 mg and still surviving through it. Are you working? If so, you going to have to get a doctors note to allow for you to have some time off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't work presently, and I think it is time for me to get off of it. Funny thing, though, is that I had just turned in my new Sub script to the pharmacy and they put it on file. Tonight, when I called, the pharmacist says I can fill it on the 30th. So, I guess he's letting me fill this last Sub script? I have a new prescription for 60 strips w/ two refills on it. Easy a year's worth of tapering. If I get it filled (depending on the pharmacist on duty - one really hates me for no reason I am aware of), that's 180 strips over 3 months, easily a year's worth if I taper well. I'm going to get myself down to 4 mg real quick (done it before) and then try to go by smaller amounts from there.

Thanks for your concern :)

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

why would the police waist there time on you, unless your in a small town or some thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IM sorry bunny...............

that IS fucked up, whatever the reason. . . . . to not even have the decency to tell you face to face whatever the problem is/was.

Im glad your new script is still good , though. that will save you a huge pain in the you know what!!!! :wink:

I hope things do work out for you, whatever you decide.

if your not ready to taper, don't force it. I dont think we really get anywhere by going off when we (your) not ready. Im not saying I dont think you can do it, Im just saying PLEASE have some kinda plan in place for yourself.

like, what will you do about cravings?? are you gonna get a new doctor to at least get some 'comfort meds' from for the jump???

I wish you the best, I really truely do man.

be careful,
and think about things real well, before you decide.
pros and cons, are always a good way of wieghing the options,,,,
it has always kinda opened my eyes, before.

Anyways, good luck
let us know how the heck your doing,,, K????

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I didn't even do it, so unless someone is using my name or something, it can't really be true. Problem is, many people know I have done this in the past. Conceivably someone could be calling in scripts using my name and info and then picking them up. That's all I can think of, unless the sheriff part is just a lie.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Wow, NONE of this quit adds up for me...and I'm DEFINITELY not saying that
YOU are lying, but something fishy is going on and I def want to stay caught up
On this thread. This sucks bunny man, keep us posted and gooood luck! [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So they cancelled your Androgel script and they're still letting you fill the Sub? That doesn't make any sense at all. I would insist on speaking to the doctor if nothing else. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have seen and herd many of this kind of shit with the law. you need to build up some faith on the other side and things may work out for you better in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i'm just saying " if the law was giving bad info- from you. they can and will give it back ten time's worse.
i'm so sorry you have to go through this crap with them, but try to keep your head up high and low with the law
and may be they will have some thought and change there behave'r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cool, my ex-Sub doc didn't cancel the prescription he just wrote, so I have 3 months of strips starting today. If I only take one a day, that's six month's worth. I can find a new doc in that amount of time. I started getting so sick because I had run out....and I was craving opioids like crazy. I'm def not ready to go off of it.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow'. your lucky and see how things work out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I don't get it

So, the pharmacy thought you were impersonating your doctor to call in a script for you?

One time, a buddy of mine got a phone call from the pharmacy. It was Walmart's automated thing that says, "Your prescription is reading for pick-up". But he never made the request in the first place. For him, he does not have the money to pay for it all at once, so he has to call in a small amount of subs every couple of days.

By the time he got to the pharmacy, someone had already come in, made the request, picked up the subs, and paid the bill. Worst part was, the pharmacists would not reveal what the guy looked like (except to the cops, who also would not reveal what the man looked like).

Is that what you mean happened? Someone knew you were going to the doctor that day, and was looking for a way to get cheap subs, so called in your script ahead of time?

If so I'd be tryin to figure out who all knew you had an appointment that day and who all buys/eats subs