It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Usually my sub doc is really cool he never piss tests, comes in at 6:00am, and only charges $50 a visit. However, 2 visits ago he has to post date my script cause he is going away the next month. He apparently forgot to write "film" on the script since there are no more tabs around here I figure no big deal. That's until I hit the CVS same one that has filled the script for 5 years. The God I mean PharmD comes out and says can't fill it without the info on film or tabs. I do a 20 minute you must be fuckin kidding me song and dance but it's not going anywhere, and it pisses me off I know he is full of shit. So now I'm in a panic Doc is away and office isn't picking up. I drive 90 mins to the office grab the handle to the door and (key angel music) it is open.
I explain the situation to Helga at the desk (he's great but the staff sucks) and she scratches the word film next to the Disp # 30 and life is again good. The anxiety and fear melt away.
Come this visit I tell the doc what happened. I mention I was in a panic over it. My usually super cool doc says too bad they didn't call me I would have cancelled the suboxone script and gave you straight (oh say oxy or dilauded) nope he says naltrexone. Ah WTF naltrexone? Why so I could go into total WDs?? I didn't question him as he had already given me my new script. Not sure why he said that but fuck that's not funny.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe he was mixed up.....

I just write for 'Suboxone, tab or film' now, and the pharmacist gives either, depending on insurance. They are the same chemical, same dose, same dosing instructions.... I'm sure some pharmacist will call me eventually, and we will have a nice argument....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's funny because this is the same pharmacist who once changed my script without calling my doc gave me 20 lortabs because he didn't have 40 Vicodin. So I know C IIIs can be changed like this especially since they weren't making tabs anymore.
The doc must have been confused or having a bad day.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Subssavedme68 wrote:
It's funny because this is the same pharmacist who once changed my script without calling my doc gave me 20 lortabs because he didn't have 40 Vicodin. So I know C IIIs can be changed like this especially since they weren't making tabs anymore.
The doc must have been confused or having a bad day.

*Aren't Lortabs and Vicodin the same thing? Generic versus brand name. As long as you got the right mg. As for your doc joking or not about wanting to give you straight "narcan" after he messed up your script to begin with didn't sound very humorous to me, either. What, was it supposed to be punishment for HIS fuck-up?! Suboxdoc's right; man must have been confused. Maybe he really did need that vacation! Lol!

*I just realized what you meant; example of pharmacies exchanging one med for another that's exactly the same except the name/manufacturer.

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^