It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my sub doctor finally gave me acceptance and continued participation in his program that Suboxone talkzone is my
meetings with out NA/AA. do to trouble at the meetings and lack of recovery.
i'm not saying NA/AA is not good for me' but it is the way things are going right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's awesome johnboy!

Suboxforum is now a medically accepted recovery assistance program!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If u get time u should def try to find a group that you like. This forum has good info. But i cant tel u how much more i got from actually attending a good group key word good it takes a few attempts but if u find that one u can get so much out of it. Its almost the face to face thing im getting at. Ive been on here for a while before i started attending groups an took it seriously but once i did no matter how much i type i never got that true feeling of acceptance from a computer screen vs a real person sitting in front of me. Each person has there own ways of recovery i just think u would get more out of a room of people than a forum on the internet. And you might also make a friend or two or at least meet some people u can relate too.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I always got involved in too many dramas in those face-to-face groups ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
I always got involved in too many dramas in those face-to-face groups ...

I guess it's par for the course when you get a bunch of addicts together -- I remember all too well the BS I used to encounter / deal with as an active addict....someone stole a few pills, money, said they would have them at 9:14am and it's now NINE SIXTEEN AM OMG WHAT WILL I DO ..LYING FUCKS STOLE MY SHIT... <---- that type stuff.

Also, I remember being EXTREMELY more emotional with anger (and only anger) while on pills. It was like...the least little thing would piss me off so bad that my chest would tighten up and I'd immediately get a rush. I honestly believe if someone would have pushed me hard enough while I was actively addicted, I would've hurt another person and I don't mean just a few punches. I never would consider hurting someone now, clean for 4 years..but back then, it never took much to light my fuse, and once it got lit, I was like a damn "roid rage" type guy, throwing shit, punching walls..I'm shocked I didn't get assault or something on someone..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm 

My Suboxone doctor also said okay with this being the only form of support group. Not that I didn't go to AA once in awhile, it just wasn't often enough. Plus I felt funny being on Sub while in a meeting.

What would be awesome is if a bunch of us were able to form our own version of a live support group in our city. Here in Sin City I'm sure we have a lot of Suboxone patients. Oops, now that may not be a very good idea considering the type of people who live here! Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
My Suboxone doctor also said okay with this being the only form of support group. Not that I didn't go to AA once in awhile, it just wasn't often enough. Plus I felt funny being on Sub while in a meeting.

What would be awesome is if a bunch of us were able to form our own version of a live support group in our city. Here in Sin City I'm sure we have a lot of Suboxone patients. Oops, now that may not be a very good idea considering the type of people who live here! Just a thought.

They have all suboxone groups out here meaning everyone is on suboxone or was. And there a beginners group that you must finish to b part of the full time sub group to ween out the people who r not as serious. My methadone group is also all methadone patients. So there are def groups out there that focus on certain things they just are harrd to find a fill up quick. But like i said the key thing here is finding a group that works for you and when u find that group youll see what i mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh did not clear my self on things'. i did 90/90 days plus more. i'm seeing a therapist once a week. just had enough of meetings for years. broke in meetings and driven down by the ones i trusted and they were the people my sponser
pursued me on. he is a good person, but his judgement stinks. be care full of who try's to control you in meetings'
they are just human too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

aparently, there used to be meetings on THIS forum??

I mean like suboxone support-type mtgs. The 'category' says "meeting tonight I dont rember what date" Its been awhile ago though.
anybody know what happened to that???

I was just curious

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im 6mnths pregnant and with out a vehicle.I think this is a good thing.That way I dont have to find rides and a babysitter to go to meetings not being lazy but i like this site glad my Dr approves of it.