It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First off, I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I did my best to look for a similar topic but couldn't find one. I am new to the forums and I am new to Suboxone. Today was my first day. The Sub doc told me to put the tab (I am on 4mg x 3 a day) under my tongue and not talk or swallow for 10 minutes until the tab dissolved. BUT...10 minutes later the tab was still there! So I kept it under there and didn't swallow for another 10 minutes. By this time I could still feel a piece of the tab under my tongue with LOTS of saliva accumulated. I feel like all the saliva is keeping the tab from dissolving. I've read on other forums ways to dissolve it better. But when I asked my doc he said anything after 10 minutes wouldn't do anything. I agree that this is true if we were talking about the saliva. But if one can still see and feel part of the tab then don't you want the tab to dissolve completely? Wouldn't you be able to still absorb more buprenorphine as long as the tab hasn't dissolved? I'm confused here. Also, I don't swallow during the first 10 minutes but what do you do after that? I heard it's bad to swallow because the Naloxone can cause upset stomach if swallowed. But then if I spit it out then aren't I spitting out some of the bup? This is all too confusing. I started my first dose this morning and by the night I was feeling the restless, crampy feeling in my legs, arms etc. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I'm not getting the full dose because the tab is not dissolving completely. Please if anyone knows a way of dissolving the tab completely to get full effect please share. Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Whats up oxy-Ed? Congratulations on your first day of suboxone and the first steps of a new beginning! With your concerns about the absorption of the "tab" there are many threads with the different methods of absorption, but iam not sure of the exact name, but someone on this site will be able to fill you in before to long. In my opinion if you are taking 4mg at a time I would give it 30min. give or take a few for the full "tab" to absorb. What mg suboxone pill are you perscribed? I know you said 4mg 3x/day, but are the pills 8mg or 2mg? You can always break the pills in half when you put them in your mouth and that should help speed up the process a little. Like I said earlier someone will chime in before to long and they will be able to direct you to the right thread. Good luck and congratulations.

P.S. You will have your own routine and methods that work best for you before to long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi oxy-ed,

With the tablets, it can take more than 10 minutes for them to dissolve. And yes, you DO want to wait for it to totally dissolve before swallowing or spitting, if at all possible. If you don't wait for it to totally dissolve, you WILL be wasting that amount of bupe (sub). Also, many people continue to hold their spit in their mouth after it's dissolved to maximize the dosage they get from that tablet. Once it's been dissolved, you can either swallow everything or spit - it's entirely up to you. After that, wait about 10-15 minutes before eating or drinking anything.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, please just ask.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You don't wash it down with anything hatmaker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do you mean do I drink something afterward? I wait at least 10 minutes before I drink anything, but I do smoke a cigarette right away to help get rid of that nasty-ass taste. Waiting before eating or drinking helps to maximize absorption because there's still some bupe left on the mucous membranes.

I hope that's what your question was... :lol:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No I mean use a drink like say.. OJ.. or pineapple juice.. or apple juice.. or Coke, to swallow down your subox.

Beats a cigarette.

Screw maximum absorbtion. I guess I can say that coming from a country where we don't have to pay for higher doses!