It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: SO disappointing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As many of you know, my pain levels have been increasingly bad and my sub script has been mostly helpful in managing it but less so recently. So, before the holidays, my doctor who I love, let me go 2 months without an appt. and just wrote the script for twice the amount. Well when I got to the pharmacy, they would only give me a months worth because of insurance. My doctor faxed in a refill the next month which was about 2 weeks ago. I have plenty of sub left, but, as is typical, the pain levels have been high and I get no relief. Or at least not enough of it. I have enough to last till my next appt. but it could get tight. I hate asking for help as I just feel like this burden. But finally, I decided to try and stand up for myself and do something instead of just sitting here miserable.

I called the pharmacy and asked if there were any "floaters" in my account and they said yes. I asked if it was possible to get them in the next week paying cash and she said yes, how many. I said maybe 5 is all (there are well over 38 of them in there). So I said I would call her back and she said when would I want to pick them up and I said not for 2-3 days at least. I hung up and figured I would e-mail my doctor when I got off work and ask her if this would work because if I try doing a new script the insurance will just deny it anyways and I would still have to pay cash. I knew I would have to explain what is going on but I have been putting it off way too long anyways.

Then I get this auto voice message that my script is delayed because they are having an insurance problem. So I called them but was speaking to a different person this time and I explained insurance wouldn't pay for them which is why I just called asking if it was possible. She said they would just need to call my doctor because of the early "refill". I tried explaining I don't want an early refill and tried explaining I was just trying to figure out if it is "possible" and I don't want her calling my doctor because A) I don't want a REFILL just 5 and B)it isn't an early refill and C) I was just trying to figure out what was possible. It was obvious this girl heard blah blah blah drug addict filling early blah blah blah. At the end of the conversation I tried to re-clarify that she wasn't to run it and she AGREED.

Within less than 2 hours I got a call from my doctor. Hey...more power to them for being thorough and whatnot. But this is really annoying. I have a good relationship with my doctor. She trusts me as she should. I have been on this stuff for three years and have never relapsed. All I want is pain control and a life. If the pharmacy would have LISTENED to what I was saying, they wouldn't have been concerned. And that is what my doctor said was that the pharmacy called CONCERNED. WTF? They wouldn't be concerned if they would try to HEAR what I was saying and what I was trying to figure out.

My doctor was cool and she told the pharmacy I am not a scammer or anything. She set me for an early appointment which I may or may not actually need but whatever. I didn't have the heart to tell her because I was already wasting her time but the early appointment won't work because the insurance will just say it is an early refill and make me pay cash anyways which was why I was just calling to figure out if I could do it this way instead. So now I have no idea how we will figure out how to go about doing this because she would have to change the script overall and I don't know that I want or need that which was why I was trying to figure this out anyways.

God why does this have to be so complicated?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know you've mentioned in the past that you don't want to increase your dose, but maybe it's time to think about it. Maybe just another 4 mg a day? It definitely sounds like you could use it for the pain. And if you don't need it, then you could build up a little stash for when you do need it. I'm sure this has occurred to you already, but I just wanted to mention it. I hope you get this worked out. And I hope your pain subsides a bit - I know how awful it is living with untreated chronic pain.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well.....I still didn't smoke over it but definitely wanted to. It just pisses me off when the pharmacy says one thing and then does another and make me look shitty in the process when I am just trying to figure it out since I know no one else will.

I probably should have started 4mg per day higher but then for whatever reason, I force myself into a lower dose and since much of the time this is just fine, I keep forcing myself into it. I really prefer to just take the same amount every day and not muck with the different doses, but if I did that I would definitely have to do an overall increase.

I always freeze when it comes to such decisions. It feels very permanent. I should probably go see my therapist over it since I am having such a hard time. Why am I so resistant to increasing the dose?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill