It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:09 am 
im a 27 year old male who has never been prescribed drugs of abuse until this past summer. i found a lump in my testicle in febuary of 08 but was to scared to go to the doctor until i started having severe anxiety attacks over it. it turns out it wasnt nothing more than an infection, and went away with antibiodics. the doc prescribed me 30 1mg tablets of xanax and he told me to take 1 mg a day. after the first month my tolerence was up and i didnt feel or need the xanax anymore but became slightly addicted. another family member is on xanax and i started taking her pills (bad idea) i was taking 3mg a day from august to november. i realized i was developing a problem and decided to quit cold turkey. i went through horrible withdrawls for about 5 days. it was definately the worst feeling ive ever expirienced in my life, but it worked and i was back to my normal self not even thinking about xanax. a couple of weeks went by and i lost my job from a drivers liscense suspension and went looking for some pills. what i found was little orange pills instead of little blue pills and like an idiot thaught they were xanax cause the label was scratched off the bottle and im not familuar with pills at all. after alittle over a week i realized that this stuff was not xanax and did some research. ive been taking one 2mg suboxone pill daily and it makes me feel wonderful but i dont want to be on pills, because i have no reason to be. im completely scared out of my mind to stop because i dont think i can handle a withdrawl like last time. i tried to stop once but at the first sign of withdrawl i started again. so finally to my question... should i go cold turkey or taper off slowly? i was gonna start by taking 1mg a day for a week than go cold turkey, is that a good idea?? i thank anyone that takes the time to read this and reply with true knowledge of this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I am sorry to hear that you accidentally got addicted to Suboxone.

To try and answer your question, I would say that tapering off of Sub is going to be your best option at this point. Going cold turkey is probably out of the question, I know, so I'd say be strong mentally, keep your mind and body constantly busy and decrease your dosages, slowly taper. With the 2mg tablets, you can cut them into 1/4's and take a quarter and you should still feel alright. Try tapering and see how you feel then.

Remember, this is not the end of the world. If you continue to abuse them and find you can't taper, seek out a local detox program or a doctor who specializes in addiction therapy. Doing it alone is usually not a great idea.

Good luck to you and god bless. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey bro,

I was just a bit curious about how you got "accidently" addicted to Suboxone...since you "thought" it was Xanax or something else, you would normally just "pop" the pill- (swallow it).

Subx's gotta be dissolved underneath your tongue- you wouldn't have felt any effect if you just swallowed it, because there would virtually be no absorption...

I really don't mean to come off sounding condesending, I'm just actually curious!

This is my first post, so I think I'll head to the top and post my story...
Anyone else in Las Cruces NM area taking Suboxone? I'd like to hear from ya'!

Andrew
blhannahco@yahoo.com

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've heard of people dissolving Xanax sublingually like Suboxone. He could have mistaken the two easily, as he says he doesn't know much about pills.