It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Different sized strips
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

When I get my suboxone I like to cut them into quarter pieces.
Today when I opened up my strips I noticed a few of them were smaller
Than the normal ones. Two of them were less than half the normal size.
Is this a normal thing? I didn't check the packaging for tampering. I just ripped them open
Seems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:50 pm 

This is NOT typical! Did these come from a pharmacy or from buying them off someone? If it's from the pharmacy you need to bring these strips in with the packaging and your receipt and show them what you were given. They may say that they can't help you because you didn't check the script before you left the store.

Are you saying that the packaging of the strips was tampered with? If they were in the proper packaging why would you have so many open at once? If you bought these off the streets then you're probably SOL. It's obvious that someone has tampered with these strips. It's very unlikely that this happened during manufacturing.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow so these were straight out of the wrapper? Amy I assume that he noticed a difference individually after opening additional strips as needed, because I had the same thought once. It was nothing like what is seen in the picture, but when I got to the last box on my month's prescription I started thinking they looked a little shorter, only enough to notice if paying close attention (which I do since I take mine in halves).
But yeah that's really weird. I know that factory fuck ups are unlikely but I just don't know how a pharmacy employee could possibly reseal those wrappers to look fresh and new once opened. Was there any discrepancy in the wrappers?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow that is one of the strangest thing I've ever seen... There was a period about a year ago when some of the strips were partially torn but never different sizes. I take two at a time and whenever I align 2 strips next to each other they perfectly match, like when the N8 is going off one.

From your original post, you mean that you opened them individually by yourself, correct? You should most definitely take them back to the pharmacy and the rest of the ones they gave you. Do you mind sharing the lot number or expiration date that is on the back of the film wrapper? Assuming you did get them from the pharmacy, there's a possibility there was a defected lot but if that was the scenario there would be others going through the same thing.

Although in your picture all of the deformed films seem to have straight and angled edges like someone used the scissors on them. The two on the left look torn with rigid edges. I'm really curious what the deal is on these...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay so I know exactly what this is, I can tell by the way the shorter ones are rigged at the end. When you opened the package part of the strip was close to the top where u ripped, so assuming you didn't throw the wrappers away go check them. Not the big part of the wrapper but the small top piece that's ripped off, I'd bet they're stuck in there unless of course they fell out while opening.
I know this from experience because it has happened to me before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I noticed you said you ripped open the packages I do agree in a previous replay to check the packaging to see if the other part of the strip is still in there. I use scissors to cut open my package and one time I did cut into the strip by accident. I make sure I cut where the package has the rigged line now. I also notice you did not mention if you purchased via a pharmacy or purchased from a dealer. My experience never noticed any size difference in the strips. The only difference I ever noticed with suboxone strips is the color between 2MG and 8MG strips never the size of the strips.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A few of those, especially the second and third ones from the left, do in fact look as though they were cut or torn as if you accidentally ripped or cut through part of them when opening the package, although if you've been using strips for a while, then you're probably aware to avoid doing so... This is definitely worth a mention to your doctor or pharmacist (or perhaps even Reckitt Benckiser!) if you're certain that you didn't cut them accidentally. I'd also take note of the lot/batch numbers if you still have the wrappers and can put them with the corresponding strip you removed from each to see if it's common amongst one batch or more than one.

If you have a genuine concern that you won't get the appropriate amount of buprenorphine, although there might be much controversy about this method of administration around here, you can always dissolve the small ones in 1 mL or less of water and use a soft oral syringe to administer it rectally. I'm by no means keen on inserting things into my anus personally, however early in my treatment, I dropped two tablets down my sink and knew that my doctor would have assumed I was lying that early in treatment so after researching the bioavailability if buprenorphine rectally vs. sublingually, I found it to be near 70%, over twice as much as the sublingual route so I used two of my remaining tablets in this manner and definitely noticed an effect equivalent to what I was dosing regularly, equal to twice the dose I used rectally. There's no concern of getting too much in your system though of course, since the ceiling effect is at nearly half of an 8 mg film strip.

I don't intend this to be done as means of abuse, only as an intention to conserve your supply if you have too little with the shortened strips. Using rectally doesn't have to be this prolonged, ritualistic, homoerotic process either haha. Just a bit of petroleum jelly, a soft-tipped oral syringe, and a quick squirt from behind and forget about it! It's not dangerous like injecting buprenorphine preparations and also, the naloxone isn't absorbed rectally (although even if it were, it probably wouldn't out-bind the buprenorphine) so no concern of it competing with the buprenorphine. Just an idea if you're generally concerned!

Of course, if you prefer to stick to a more conventional method of administration but sill want to get better absorption, you can use high concentrations of alcohol while taking the film sublingually to heavily increase absorption and bioavailability. I recently gave someone on this forum some brief instructions on doing the same so I'll just copy them below:

1) First, I recommend you follow all of Dr. Junig's instructions on basic sublingual dosing regarding maximizing the concentration of buprenorphine in the smallest amount of saliva as well as increasing the surface area of contact in your entire mouth; not just under you're tongue.
2) Second, and the method I've had the most success with, is using a high concentration or proof of alcohol to prep the blood vessels in your mucosa for better absorption (NOTE: I am not encouraging you to drink alcohol with your buprenorphine!). I recommend using mouthwash as you normally would for 30 seconds, ensuring prolonged contact with all of the areas of your mouth that the buprenorphine will be in contact with such as the gums and palate, and especially the cheeks. Immediately after expelling the mouthwash, go ahead and take your daily dose of buprenorphine.

I have had TREMENDOUS success with this method, and have felt as though I were reaching the ceiling needed for me to lose cravings for most of the day with 2 mg once, indicating nearly double the normal sublingual absorption rate. There was a recent study on using various agents including alcohol to increase absorption and the estimated absorption rate was calculated between 60% and 70% which is excellent! I hypothesize that alcohol likely does this for two reasons: One, it dilates blood vessels, increasing their surface area which increases the contact with buprenorphine and two, it dehydrates the blood vessels to a degree, making them more absorbent as well like really dry skin soaking up lotion quickly. With these two mechanisms to support it, it essentially changes the mouth's absorption efficiency from a thin cotton T-shirt to dense and dry sponge. The bioavailability of this method will vary more than rectal administration and will likely be a bit less than rectal in most cases, however it's a great alternative to sending anything in the opposite direction through the ass and will still get you at least double the absorption of regular sublingual administration unaided with alcohol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thair7391 wrote:
A few of those, especially the second and third ones from the left, do in fact look as though they were cut or torn as if you accidentally ripped or cut through part of them when opening the package, although if you've been using strips for a while, then you're probably aware to avoid doing so... This is definitely worth a mention to your doctor or pharmacist (or perhaps even Reckitt Benckiser!) if you're certain that you didn't cut them accidentally. I'd also take note of the lot/batch numbers if you still have the wrappers and can put them with the corresponding strip you removed from each to see if it's common amongst one batch or more than one.

If you have a genuine concern that you won't get the appropriate amount of buprenorphine, although there might be much controversy about this method of administration around here, you can always dissolve the small ones in 1 mL or less of water and use a soft oral syringe to administer it rectally. I'm by no means keen on inserting things into my anus personally, however early in my treatment, I dropped two tablets down my sink and knew that my doctor would have assumed I was lying that early in treatment so after researching the bioavailability if buprenorphine rectally vs. sublingually, I found it to be near 70%, over twice as much as the sublingual route so I used two of my remaining tablets in this manner and definitely noticed an effect equivalent to what I was dosing regularly, equal to twice the dose I used rectally. There's no concern of getting too much in your system though of course, since the ceiling effect is at nearly half of an 8 mg film strip.

I don't intend this to be done as means of abuse, only as an intention to conserve your supply if you have too little with the shortened strips. Using rectally doesn't have to be this prolonged, ritualistic, homoerotic process either haha. Just a bit of petroleum jelly, a soft-tipped oral syringe, and a quick squirt from behind and forget about it! It's not dangerous like injecting buprenorphine preparations and also, the naloxone isn't absorbed rectally (although even if it were, it probably wouldn't out-bind the buprenorphine) so no concern of it competing with the buprenorphine. Just an idea if you're generally concerned!

Of course, if you prefer to stick to a more conventional method of administration but sill want to get better absorption, you can use high concentrations of alcohol while taking the film sublingually to heavily increase absorption and bioavailability. I recently gave someone on this forum some brief instructions on doing the same so I'll just copy them below:

1) First, I recommend you follow all of Dr. Junig's instructions on basic sublingual dosing regarding maximizing the concentration of buprenorphine in the smallest amount of saliva as well as increasing the surface area of contact in your entire mouth; not just under you're tongue.
2) Second, and the method I've had the most success with, is using a high concentration or proof of alcohol to prep the blood vessels in your mucosa for better absorption (NOTE: I am not encouraging you to drink alcohol with your buprenorphine!). I recommend using mouthwash as you normally would for 30 seconds, ensuring prolonged contact with all of the areas of your mouth that the buprenorphine will be in contact with such as the gums and palate, and especially the cheeks. Immediately after expelling the mouthwash, go ahead and take your daily dose of buprenorphine.

I have had TREMENDOUS success with this method, and have felt as though I were reaching the ceiling needed for me to lose cravings for most of the day with 2 mg once, indicating nearly double the normal sublingual absorption rate. There was a recent study on using various agents including alcohol to increase absorption and the estimated absorption rate was calculated between 60% and 70% which is excellent! I hypothesize that alcohol likely does this for two reasons: One, it dilates blood vessels, increasing their surface area which increases the contact with buprenorphine and two, it dehydrates the blood vessels to a degree, making them more absorbent as well like really dry skin soaking up lotion quickly. With these two mechanisms to support it, it essentially changes the mouth's absorption efficiency from a thin cotton T-shirt to dense and dry sponge. The bioavailability of this method will vary more than rectal administration and will likely be a bit less than rectal in most cases, however it's a great alternative to sending anything in the opposite direction through the ass and will still get you at least double the absorption of regular sublingual administration unaided with alcohol.

Thanks for this post im deff going to try the alchohol method, I just don't see how it will or ir easy to paint ur mouth with it on the tip of ur tongue??? Thanks for the info! I seriously cant believe that most people are only really getting 1/3 of thrir actual dose!