It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[/code][b]

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to post some information about the difference of Sub in Canada, just in case any Canadians are looking for sub or if anyone from another country moves here already on Sub.

First of all it is very difficult to find anyone to prescribe Suboxone in Canada. The only places that I have discovered so far are at methadone clinics. At these meth clinics, they will try and talk you in to taking methadone, and still may deny the Suboxone.

If you do get the Suboxone, you will get dosed the same at methadone. For the first three months you have to go to the clinic every day to get your dose. After that, it's up to each doctor how they choose to dose you from there.

Also, last time I checked there was No Subutex, have no idea why.

The Suboxone in Canada is packaged and looks different.

7 pills of 8mg/2mg Suboxone come in a blister package and then each package of 7 are in a box. I think it is supposed to be prescribed at one a day and each box is supposed to be a weeks worth.

Sub is white, always really fresh because of the packaging and crumbles very easily. Whenever I've taken a few out of the blister package and put them in a bottle to take with me, they always crumble and fall apart, so I never do that any more. They taste like lemon, actually it's a nice fresh lemon taste.

The good thing about being in Ontario is that you have complete health coverage so all visits to a Sub doctor are free. Doctors are NOT allowed to charge a fee on top of what the provinve gives them. This is different for private clinics, but most people's insurance cover this also.
My insurance covers 90% of my prescription for Suboxone. It works out to $8.30 a pill.

If anyone is looking for a doctor in Canada, let me know. They are very difficult to find and do not advertise the fact at all. I have no idea why Sub is so hard to find on Ontario, but I hope this changes soon. I have several friends that would really like to start on Sub, but can't find a doctor to prescribe it.

Ginger61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't mind saying that I am from the Niagara Region in Ontario Canada. :D

I went to an opiate addiction clinic back at the end of April. Before I went there in person I called, left a message expressing interest and was called back the next day. I was told over the phone that I had a choice of Suboxone or Methadone. This was the first time that I had heard that there was an alternative to Methadone for the treatment of opiate dependence.

I am going to give you the basics: :)
-My first appointment tells them what I use for how long and how much
-They tell me what they think will work at what dose and for how long....any questions......yeah"What is Suboxone?"
-I was told that with subs you figure out your dose quicker....get carries quicker....and taper down quicker
-That's three positives right out of the gates.
-This is not slagging methadone at all this is a choice I made because of work and other reasons.

The hard part for me was willingly going into w/d to get my first dose of suboxone. Went to clinic on Friday morning, my doc said to me that if I chose to go sub-way then he would come in on Saturday. He would fix me up with my first 12mg dose to administer to myself throughout the day every 3-4 hours 2-4mg at a time...but I had to lay off using and come in at 8 AM to start treatment. I agreed and it has been two months since that morning when I was buggin out and he came in on his day off to help me out.

I pee once a week, I have 3 take home doses with 4 witnessed pharmacy doses and monthly doc appointments all of which I do not pay anything for at all. My wifes work benefits pay for meds and province picks up tab for the clinics services. I have an appointment in a little over a week with the super cool doc and have no doubt that I will be up to 4 carries a week and perhaps discuss starting to taper.
Obviously depends on region,clinic, doctor and patient combo. Lots of factors that play into how it works out. It should be the same across the board, but what ever is?? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Only getting 3 take homes a week is terrible. I honestly can't believe the stupid ridiculous restrictions on this medication!

It's almost as if your whole life has to revolve around getting the meds you need to stay normal. It seems like it's easier for many to buy Subs illegally than going to a doctor. It's just not right!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree 100 percent. i live in alberta and its the same bs which is why i had to give up subs in the first place. i was so exicted to go on them. i took a month off work to try and follow the program but even after a month of doing well and going to the pharmacy every day they still woudlnt give carries and told me it was nothing personal it was just part of the rules that everyone needed to be clean for 3 months. Well first off i was always prescribed legal medication i never abused them i just wanted to quit being bound and chained by taking opiates for my back pain. But its kinda hard not being able to go to work because i cant get medication to take with me. So what actually happend to me was i told my sub doctor that if he didnt give me at least a month worth of carries that i would go right back on oxys because i HAD TO WORK! he said he coudlnt help me. so sure enough i got a script filled legall for oxycontin and i brought it in to my suboxone doctor and showed him the pills! i said look! here ya go buddy! i was doing soo well and i really wanted to make this work but you wont help me! and just to show you how commited i am i will give you all my oxys and you can flush them in the toilette if you just write me a script for a months worth of subs! something you know will help me out. But he said he couldnt do that. which blew my mind. he would rather let me walk out of there with oxys then just give me a carry. Which in all honesty i would have not abused them or anything. suboxones in my opionion cannot be abused anyways so i dont see the problem. So its a year later and i still have to take oxys because i cannot afford to miss 3 months of work just to go to a pharmacy every day. i dont work in the city i work on an oil rig and its impossible for me to go to a pharmacy everyday let alone every month! so stupid. They should make it easyer to access. especially if you are responsable enough with you pain meds then why the hell can you not be responsable with your subs? drives me crazy. if i could find them illegally i would not because im seeking drugs but because i know i can do this if i have the right tools. unfortuantly the right tool is suboxone and i cant go every day to a pharmacy. it would be easyer to buy a 100 of them and then do it myself so silly.