It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

One day ata Time wrote:
Romeo---It is a Known fact that Hitler was addicted to Methadone. His actions show that his addiction was way out of control, not because of his Idiotic Genetic beliefs but the way he ran the war effort. And in doing so Hitler's addiction to Methadone ruined that Country...

As for Methadone and why I do not like it. This belief comes from my own first hand knowledge and also from the research that I have done into Methadone. It is that as I have said from my original post it is My Opinion. I still believe that there are other drugs out there that can do the same job as Methadone but without the bad side effects that come from extended Methadone use. I do know from my first hand knowledge that getting off of Methadone is No Easy task. And when you do get yourself off through the primary Withdrawal there is an extended period of time that the Methadone is still in your system. Maybe I need more knowledge about who people do in fact get off of Methadone. But from all that I have read and heard I do not see man people getting off of Methadone, but I see allot of people getting on Methadone. I can easily understand why it is used in these so-call Legal Clinics. It is Very Very Cheap, hence the opportunity for Profit is very very High for a company that goes into that business. I wonder and also worry that in 10-20 years time what will all these people that have become addicted to Methadone be like. Will they still be using these legal clinics? The cost will go up surely, supply and demand, you know the demand is going to skyrocket.Right now it is on average $13.00/day to go to one of these Methadone clinics. Roughly 2500 Patients at one of these Methadone Clinics will generate upwards of $1million plus. I also know a good friend that is a probation officer and he deals daily with Methadone clinics, drug offenders, etc. In his experience he also has a very similar opinion of Methadone that I do. that these Methadone clinics get these (already) drug addicted people, addicted to a drug that is very very hard to get off of. These drug offenders have a very hard time paying for the cost, and they end up using crime to pay for their court ordered Methadone clinics daily visits.

Has Methadone Saved Peoples Lives; YES as I have stated and agree that Yes Methadone had a use, and is still in use saving peoples lives. But it is my belief that there are other drugs that can and do offer the same effect on pain and these other drugs are much easier to manage than Methadone. I was prescribed Methadone for Pain. I had Lost my Healthcare Insurance due to the company I worked for went out of business. I had to scramble to find a Doctor that would see me with out Insurance. he prescribed Methadone under my strong objections. I had just paid out $300 to see this Doctor, I had run out of my previous Norcos and my back was against the wall. So I then made the Worst Mistake of my life t get on Methadone. It ruined 2 years of my life. I know I can never get it back. But I also am so Happy that it has helped you, I honestly mean that. I know what it is like to hurt, to have that constant pain like a shadow following you around everywhere you go. I am just concerned and don't want You or Anyone else to have to go through what I have gone through it trying to get off of Methadone. yes; I am sure my experience has clouded my judgement that is why I have been stating that this is My Opinion and mine alone, as I talk for no one but myself.

As for the use of Methadone for Pain management and also in regard to these Methadone Clinics. I still wish that there was another way, that Doctors would not prescribe a drug that is so very hard o the body and so very very hard to ever get out of your system. You can go thru months and months of withdrawals off of Methadone and you think it is over but you still have side effects for up to and over a year into the future. That my friends is one very bad drug to do that to someone. but hey if it works for you then by all means do what is best for you. I just want you to be informed unlike me as to the terrible side effects, my Doctor did not inform me of all those, I even did an initial search and could not find much about Methadone. It wasn't until I started having problems and dug much deeper into what I learned as the true nature of this drug.

Again, please keep yourself healthy and happy, you know what is best for you. It is not up to me to tell anyone what to do. All I want and hope to do is inform people of my experience and for them to also do the research themselves. Then they can have all the information needed to make the very best call as to what they should do....Information is key to a Happy Life.

It was known that hitler was addicted to methamphetamine, is that what you mean't. I'm not going to get into WW2 with you LoL but I will say he had one bad methamp problem....so did about everyone else for that matter. ww2, known as the war on speed after amphetamin was discovered, I've read that GSK sold millions of racemic amphetamin tablets. But dolor is latin for pain free,dubbed dolophine by eli lilly in america, it's name ...the genesis wasn't from hitler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for sharing your views everyone. It was helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The hitler on methadone myth has been circulating for ages. They think it started because the first formulation of methadone was called Dolophine, which sounds a bit like Adolph-ine, which is what people assumed it was named after.

Quote:
There is no truth to the myth that one of the early methadone brands - Dolophine - was named in honor of Adolf Hitler (or that the drug was called "Adolophine" in Germany, with the "A" being dropped after the war). In fact, the name, Dolophine, was originated at Eli Lilly & Co. in the U.S. long after the war, and was probably derived from the French dolor (pain) and fin (end). Although, some have claimed the "Dol-" portion came from dol, which is a unit measure of pain (derived from dolor), and "-ophine" was derived from morphine.

I jumped off methadone 3 times. For a while I thought it was twice, but that wasn't including the accidental rapid detox. Once I jumped off 60 or 70 and was forced off because I didn't have a script for the Christmas / New Years holiday period, when all the doctors in town shut up shop. That was not fun. Another time I just jumped off 90ml's because I'd started going to NA again and was fed up with being on drug replacement.

The worst time I was on 90mg, and I took a naltrexone pill.... FUUUUCK DO NOT DO THAT UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SCARRED FOR LIFE. The memories of that pain are like electric shocks just thinking about it. Of course I thought it would toughen me up. I was such a masochist.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It seems ironic to me that One Day and Bboy have the exact same anger. It just happens to be from two different sides of the same coin. You both appear closed minded in your extreme thinking and both seem to refuse to see the others' opinion.

BTW, medications aren't bad in and of themselves, nor can they ruin lives. WE alone are responsible for our lives and the direction they go in.

(Bboy, you might want to think back to when you first joined this forum and you were a happy sub patient. Happy that is until sub-haters came along and you jumped on their bandwagon. Now you say you've been miserable the whole time you were on sub. Funny how you never said that when you first joined. I find that very interesting.)

Oh and the Hitler and methadone thing...WOW, just..WOW. Talk about misplaced blame.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
It seems ironic to me that One Day and Bboy have the exact same anger. It just happens to be from two different sides of the same coin. You both appear closed minded in your extreme thinking and both seem to refuse to see the others' opinion.

BTW, medications aren't bad in and of themselves, nor can they ruin lives. WE alone are responsible for our lives and the direction they go in.

(Bboy, you might want to think back to when you first joined this forum and you were a happy sub patient. Happy that is until sub-haters came along and you jumped on their bandwagon. Now you say you've been miserable the whole time you were on sub. Funny how you never said that when you first joined. I find that very interesting.)

Oh and the Hitler and methadone thing...WOW, just..WOW. Talk about misplaced blame.

If you read my firs post in this thread you'll see I stated in the beginning I was happy with sub I was still in pain but I was happy BC for da first time in a long time I was clean and people considered me to be clean. And for the first month or two I was happy that is till I got blindsided by side effects that ruined my life and I'm still dealing with back end of sum of them even with no suboxone in my body for a full year.

Post subject: Suboxone and methadone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My personal belief after being on both medications is that there is little diffrence between the two. Suboxone has a longer half life and can be just as bad to withdrawal from as methadone. I've WD from both after tapering both and the physical WD is a tiny bit easier with Sub. I prefer methadone. I feel it works better for cronic pain. It's nice that Sub it basicly a office based treatment vs a clinic, but it's also much more expensive. They basicly both work in the same way, and to demonize methadone is just silly and ignorant.
Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

OK, wow. I’ve got to chime in here. Dude, I’m going to respond to some outlandish ‘points’ you’re making with my opinions, simply for the sake of free expression:

There’s absolutely no proof or documentation anywhere regarding Hitler’s supposed use of Methadone. Yes, Methadone was synthesized in Nazi Germany during WWII but to go from that to somehow implicating it in the ‘downfall’ of Hitler/Nazi Germany is pretty insane.

You mentioned that it’s a FACT that Hitler ‘Abused Methadone,’ and that ‘any use considered abuse is also addiction.’ Not true, Clinicians use DSM diagnostics to diagnose two different sub-types of addiction, 1. Abuse and then also 2. Dependence on specific substances. They are, in fact, two different diagnoses.

To say that there is ‘no place’ for anything or any medication is crazy. You’ve talked about ‘many other drugs’ that are better options for both chronic pain and presumably the treatment of opioid dependence but have not named any of them.

It sounds like you were on Hydrocodone/APAP for many years, lost insurance etc, had to find a new Dr. and this Dr. somehow ‘conned’ you into accepting a RX for Methadone despite your supposed ‘strong objections.’ And for two years you were ‘conned’ into accepting monthly scripts?! You referenced some kind of alleged ‘Methadone patient allowance,’ that you were sure your Dr. had to use you to fill? Again, non-existent; or at best, incorrect terminology. It looks good on paper that it would have been much easier to simply stop taking opioids but was that really an option? If it was, why did it not happen? Your Dr., unless he is some evil genius, must have had some rationale for prescribing you methadone, a schedule II medication that would certainly garner much more attention than Hydrocodone/APAP, a schedule III. I’d be really curious to find out the real deal is here.

Methadone is one of the better strong opioid medications legally available at this point in the USA due to its long duration of action, the fact that it’s generic, old and extremely cheap in a pharmacy setting. Is Methadone appropriate for everyone? Absolutely not, I’d even go so far as to say that it’s not the best or first choice for most people. Should Methadone not be available to anyone because of this? Absolutely not. Are there problems and flaws within the Methadone clinic setting? Absolutely. Should they all be shut down? Absolutely not.

Peace,
Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm late to this thread but will leave you all with these words of wisdom..

Perhaps if Hitler was on enough methadone WWII wouldn't have even happened. He would most likely be plastered to his 40's style sofa watching talkies amidst the flickering candle light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have no idea where this idea that hitler did methadone came from. I searched it on google and pretty much nothing came up. It's a well known fact that he got daily injections of methamphetamine.

maybe the misinformation comes from the fact they both have the same chemical prefix "meth".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all!
Ltme share my 2 cent worth here...since I am AN EXPERT! I was on 140 mg methadone for 20 years and I received it free of charge,had it every day never sold any of it,never hanged out with dopeheads,I was a schoolteacher on it,even tried to be a monk on it and worked as a jazzmusician on it. When I was touring with the Moscow state circus in england,or in belgium,or paris or italy,my doctor send it to me by mail.It was an easy ride and I got deeply hooked.DEEPLY.And now the story: at the end I was using xanax also to make it even stronger....and suddenly got marrieg,,got A child took a job on a cruiseship..started tempering my methadone slowly down after quiting xanax cold turkey...(fuck)never take any if U smart..that shit is BAD to quit....so when 8 month later I tmperd down to 40 mg,checked into a hospital for 8 days and had 3 days break ok methadone and switched to 14mg of suboxone. WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!
took another 4 month to temper down suboxone to 1 mg..and I am 40 days clean of everything! And want to keep this way. As far as the topic concern: The difference between methadone and suboxone is that methadone makes U real high ..suboxone just a little..THAT is it. SUBOXONE is god sent for a person like me who scared the shit out of quiting methadone....scared of withdrawl....With Suboxone there is NO withdrawl compare to methadone and the switching was super easy..I recomend it to every longtime dont wanna come off methadone junky that there is hope foe U called suboxone ,and the only hope as far as I see it...god bless take care A drug free man Mik from budapest