It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How long has there been a generic sub? I'm going to ask about it my next visit! Can anyone tell me how much cheaper it is? I'm a self pay and the cost is killing me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's generic Subutex. Not many doctors are willing to prescribe it.

There are many threads about it if you do a forum search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks....I'm on suboxone. My doc doesn't prescribe subutex..at least I don't think. I hope to be going back to work soon and will then be insured!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

YEA unfortunatley they yet to make a generic suboxone but subutex does... it cost hardly nothing compared to the suboxone and in my opinion much better without the nalaxone in it..... i pay 15.00 for 21 pills with my insurance compared to almost 80.00 when i was on suboxone.............

Post subject: thumbs up
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My Doctor swung me onto Subutex, after i'd tapered down to 2mg, because it comes in 0.4 mg doses, and without nalaxone, it is better, no headache's or craving and effect seems quicker with a more likable feel to it. On s/tex I find I'm in slight w/d earlier between doses, even if I double dose. I think nalaxone degrades bup, but I don't know why. Would I recomend, low dose S/tex above high dose S/box? Yep, but also I'm pretty determined to get off completely,even though it feels like bonus for tapering. My partner recon's I seem more content too ,she's right. :)

Post subject: Re: thumbs up
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Stargazer wrote:
...and effect seems quicker with a more likable feel to it...

This sentence JUMPED out at me. It sounds like you're saying you enjoy some "highish" feeling you get from taking it. That's not a good sign. But maybe you mistakenly mis-worded your thoughts? If so and I misunderstood, I do apologize. The way it is presented and worded, however, it sounds like a you're on a slippery slope. Do be careful, especially if you're enjoying "feeling" your dose and you're already planning to taper off. Be vigilant about relapses.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yeah I'm with hat on that! The more likeable feel had me immediately thinking wow I really want to switch to subutex..I pay $285for my 30 for the month! I know insane but the alternative is worse.

Post subject: proviso
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Guy's; My Doctor fully understands the situation, hence I can only get dosage below 2 mg per day, each week. If I want to go up it's with nalaxone only. Morphine is my problem and subutex comes absolutely nowhere near the feel of the thing, I'm addicted to. I'm not craving, and don't fancy going to a drug store forever, so 0.2mg with in 2-3 months is the goal. Then nalraxtone treatment for however long it takes to cover that relapse period.
This is how I'd describe "likable"- free of tightness, in head and shoulders, increased awareness of relaxed abdomen reigon. There's no warm waves breaking here, and I'm sure, once I get clear of any drug use I'm gonna feel a lot higher than I do now.
I know about the abuse side that nalaxone supposedly protect's against, but others swear they shoot suboxone with out the blocking bup effect. Anyway if I wanted a legal high I'd be on the Methadone program, but I want to go forward not backward, yeah I had ~5 years mmt before, but I could not taper, and that's the point I'm going down on the dosage.
I still recomend subutex 0.4mg because you can chip the pill easily, and without nalaxone the effect is less foggy/cloggy, for me anyway.
Thanks for your concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

drromano - I don't know if drugs stores differ in their prices across the country, but where I'm from (CA) Rite Aid sells 30 Suboxone for $212. And with the $45 off card, my 30/month Rx is $185. With the new $50 off card it should be $180. So you might try Rite Aid or another pharmacy might be cheaper than what you are paying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A generic suboxone in pill form would be a dream come true. My partner uses it and when he started he was on the films but it caused dangerous edema in his legs. So much swelling that his shoes wouldn't fit. His heart was at risk, too. His Dr. quickly switched his back to the pill, but he only has enough to last about another month.

The manufacturer has "poisoned the waters" by actually filing a complaint to the FDA about their own product in tablet form, saying some nonsense like it was too easily accessed by children. The real reason is that the formulation has gone generic and by only having their films on the market they can continue their monopoly and charge three times as much for the drug.

That's bad enough, but there's also these potentially deadly side effects from the films. I need to get on a suboxone program myself and I know films will be my only option, too. I am very concerned about these side effects and hope some company will indeed manufacture a generic equivalent in tablet form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Draper,

Your dreams must have came true because there is now a generic tablet form of buprenorphine/nalxone in production by 2 different companies. There are other threads on here with more information than I can give you so if you try to do a search at the top of the page for "generic" you'll get some results.

http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/g ... f-suboxone

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/an-415-20651.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Do a price search on it, I did find however at walgreens that 30 of the 8mg generic suboxone/naloxone pills go for 121.00. I guess you have to take the coupon to the pharmacy to get them for that price, because when you call them they told me that 30 would be like 309. The generic is still high priced, because as my doctor told me there arent many companies making it, apparently the more companies that make it the more competitive the price becomes.
Anyways, I think that I am going to have to swap over to the pills because the films are causing some weirdo side effects.
I hate to because I wont be able to use the 50 dollar coupon BUT it sucks anyways that they wont let you use it for each 14 strips that you get anyways. I mean cmon give us a break here. I have not been able to find a doctor in my state that will write Subutex, unless you are preggo or having terrible side effects from Suboxone and I mean like sores in your mouth from films, or severe nausea or something. Good luck however with what you get!!