It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Did I mess up?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I recently started suboxone. A few days ago I smoked a joint of weed. That was on the 8th, My appointment is on the 15th. It will have been a month. Will they kick me out? The weed is the only thing I've done. Maybe it won't show up. I get the medicine from an addictionologist. If he asks, should I tell the truth? What to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chances are it won't get detected since it was about a week, unless you are using it a lot more than you say.

If they test you and ask, then be honest and say that you did. Its hard to say whether they will kick you out or not, it depends on their policy, and if they told you not to use any drugs, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey roosterwes,
I know that feeling "what have I done?"...it sucks. I've been there - most of us probably have. Did you sign a contract with your doctor? I've heard of situations where honesty works best and no problems ensue, but that really depends on the doctor and if you think it'll show up on the UA.
Personally, I thought THC showed up in a UA for about a month, but maybe that doesn't apply if you only smoke it once. I don't know.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

every dr is different and has different rules in their programs. like hat said did you sign a contract? most sub docs in my area all make you sign a contract saying you will not use any drugs and so fourth. cause the way most around hear look at it is you need to be 100% clean to make it threw recovery and i agree witht that but thats just how i look at it were all different. but if you r being honest and only smoked once you should be fine but thats not a 100% your best bet is to take a at home drug test the day b4 and if you fail be honest with you dr even if you dont get tested cause he needs to know all the good an bad to treat you right. you prolly think im crazy for saying that but the first thing i learned with sub treatment is you have to be 100% honest with your dr no matter what.

Post subject: Thats a rough one....
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I imagine it should be out of your system and the fact that you show regret for smoking the marijuana may in itself be a huge factor if you do show up positive on your urine analysis. The doctor I see personally I have watched him let other patients get away with a dirty UA for smoking pot although he frowned upon it, and told them he would not accept that again. I honestly think that you will be in the clear, and that if you do show up he will understand that you are new to recovery and everyone makes mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Honesty with your doctor is very important. Tell him you smoked BEFORE giving him the urine sample. And yes, if you smoked two or three weeks ago, even if it was only one time, it will be present in your urine. It takes about 4 to 5 weeks to completely metabolize TCH.

Even if you signed a contract, I believe you'll be given some slack and maybe a warning.

But if you try to hide it, or take a chemical to mask it, you're just asking for trouble, because, let's face it, that's junkie behavior, right?

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For me, part of the relief of getting on suboxone was that I didn't have to be totally in charge anymore. I could let someone else be in charge. Honesty with the doctor is difficult and I have struggled with it myself. I have also found that honest is the best policy when it comes to the doctor. My prior doc prescribed weed and he didn't care if you smoked it. My current doctor does NOT prescribe weed, nor does she believe or allow patients to be on it while in treatment. HOWEVER, she also says that the only way she kicks you out is if you get caught selling or giving away your suboxone. She encourages honesty and I respect her for that. It says she really does CARE about YOU (me) and not just herself. I would be honest with the doctor and if he wants to kick you out, I would ask for one more script and go find a doctor you can live with. OR....tell him you won't do it again and stick to that.

However....if you really can't deal with either of these options, then I suggest you work out for the next 24 hours straight and then be as still as possible and drink water to flush all that crap out of your system. Then take your own drug test and see how it comes out. I have heard the best way to get it out of the system is to sweat it out with exercise and then just flush with the liquids like crazy but don't exercise because it is in your fat cells. I don't smoke weed so I don't know if it actually works or not but my mom is a nurse and she told me that once.

Cherie