It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today I finally went to the Dr. and am now officially on the suboxone film. I can't believe how normal I felt after my first dose. I am in the best mood and am so optimistic about my recovery now. The film is different from the pills. It both dissolves and takes effect MUCH quicker. Each strip of film is individually wrapped in its own packaging. I find them much easier to take then the pills.

Thanks to reading everyone's posts on here I found the strength to do this for myself, so thank you! I can't wait to be more active in this forum and make some new friends.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats Bob! I have been on subs for 2 weeks now and I know exactly how you feel right now. Each day will get easier and you will find yourself not thinking about pills as often. How much were you using before you got on sub?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yay! Good for you! I'm approaching 9 wks this Friday and couldn't be happier. Many congrats on your recovery!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Congrat's to all 3 of you, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but when things get stabilized in a month or so start tapering down a little, that will be a learning experience... every thing in the world about Suboxone is here somewhere in this forum, use it.... Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I agree with Painter...someone told me this when I first started on Sub. I started out at 16mg and stayed there for couple of months....but I was encouraged to taper down to the lowest dose possible and stay there....and I did. I am now at 6mg and there are fewer side effects and I don't have cravings. I want to to continue to taper and I will keep going but I do think it is a good idea...get stabilized for a good month or so and then start working to get to the lowest dose you are comfortable on. And with the half life of Sub making changes takes about a week or so to stabilize (sometimes longer depending on the person and the dose)...

So, just thought it was good advice from Painter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Arial]@ sub2new Thank you! I was using on and off for five years. More on then off, obviously.

@LuLuBelle Thank you! Congrats on your nine weeks today!

@Mike and ChinaGirl I have read many different things about when to start tapering and also spoke to my Dr. about it. I'm taking everything into consideration before making any decisions. This is the first time I'm using suboxone so I want to do it right and have a successful recovery. Thank you for any input though, its always greatly appreciated![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So, how are you doing? I hope you found a comfortable dose that keeps you craving-free but has the least side-effects. Anyway, it's always a pleasure to see someone find help from Subs.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@creel1950- I'm doing quite well! I lucked out, the dosage my Doctor put me on was perfect for me. I'm currently taking 16mgs a day, 8mg in the morning and 8mg in the evening. This arrangement has been working perfectly for me for two months so I don't want to change it yet. I have been thinking about when I would like to start tapering but I think I'll wait another 2 months before I speak to my Doctor about it.

Post subject: we are not in control
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I beleive God of our understanding is in control of things so just do the next right thing and you'll be all right. Love,

James