It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I did complete my taper
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wrote my complete diagram of how i did my taper from three subs a day down to zero in another post about a week ago (taper can be easy)i believe is what i labeled it.I never could handle the depressed feeling with withdraw so I have always tried to never run out of any drug i was on (addict). Anyways i went down slow in the end but from 24 mgs to 8 was a breeze. From eight mgs i went slowly probably stretching it out three months leveling off for a bit at every full mg.ok so when i did weene all the way off i stayed off opiates for six months and being my first time in about thirteen years it was just bla. I never had any withdraw symptoms at all besides I didn't want to do anything when i got off work besides sit and after a few months i started getting leg and heel pain severely. I decided after six months that between the pain and my mental lazy state that for the sake of my son who is four and my job that i had try to find a doc who would put me on a super low dose of sub and see if it helped. I was blessed enough to find a great doctor who had a heart to help me and now im on 4 to 7 mgs a day for pain management. So that's my taper story. I think my length of addiction and pain problems kept me from staying opiate free because tapering down and then off was not bad. Something i could not have done with a full blown opiate.