It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have been taking Suboxone now for three wonderful years :P ! I am no longer dead :shock: to the
world like I was while on opioids. I laugh at peoples jokes :D , I smile :lol: at pretty ladies (I couldn't
even tell when I was high), and most importantly am there emotionally for my family for the last three
years! I am so grateful :wink:

Post subject: nice!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

nice proposition". i hope i feel more like you on suboxone. supposing it is true".
maby i need more meds or more or less subs to cover up the pain". :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've also done very well on suboxone and have all my emotions intact. The lows, the highs, and all the in betweens. Suboxone hasn't had any negative effect on my emotions whatsoever.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I too have had my life changed.I feel whole again somehow.I love both Suboxone and Subutex!

Post subject: Human Again
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 pm 

I agree with this subject. It just seemed like my life was handed back to me once I stabilized on it. Can't really tell if it's any different than not taking it. I'm just human again and my wife surely appreciates it. She has actually forgotten I even take it anymore unless I remind her.

The only negative I still have is feeling extremely tired after a few hours of taking it. Even at 4mgs. Once I get a bit lower, it may change.

Overall, a complete makeover of my life and I'm grateful for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule - 4 mg is right around the ceiling. It could be below the ceiling for you and when that happens the opiate receptors aren't fully saturated and definitely aren't staying saturated. When that happens, there are usually ups and downs because of the receptors are going from full to empty and on and on. So that could be the cause of you feeling tired for a few hours after dosing. If you're staying on maintenance and not tapering right now, you could consider raising your dose by like 1 mg and that might be enough to keep your receptors saturated. Just my opinion though. If the tiredness isn't that bothersome, then no need to change anything.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been off subs since april 15th, was on them for about 3 years and I found they really helped my mood, I never got that sleepy lethargic feeling I hear about I always felt good while I was on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I envy you, suboxone has made me a zombie; I'm restless, have anxiety attacks, no appetite, I have no interest in ANYTHING. If I didn't smoke weed, I'd be even worse than I am as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I too have benefited from Sub.I feel optimistic now,happy and look forward to things.It ,too, has given me my life back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wish my story was like this but it was the complete opposite for myself and I know a good amount of others on this forum as well. I lost all my emotions to suboxone it made me a emotionless zombie for 23 hours of the day. And I have never had depression or anything like that in my life till suboxone than once off it and on methadone all these issues disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 pm 
hatmaker510 wrote:
Rule - 4 mg is right around the ceiling. It could be below the ceiling for you and when that happens the opiate receptors aren't fully saturated and definitely aren't staying saturated. When that happens, there are usually ups and downs because of the receptors are going from full to empty and on and on. So that could be the cause of you feeling tired for a few hours after dosing. If you're staying on maintenance and not tapering right now, you could consider raising your dose by like 1 mg and that might be enough to keep your receptors saturated. Just my opinion though. If the tiredness isn't that bothersome, then no need to change anything.

That isn't true. Less bupe on the receptors leaves room for more norbuprenorphine, which is better for mood/pain.

What do you mean by 4 mg is "right around the ceiling?" The ceiling dose of buprenorphine is 24-32 mg, not 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:25 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

it means your receptors are saturated already at anything 4mg and above. More mg = more staying power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:27 pm 
All-Seeing Eye wrote:
it means your receptors are saturated already at anything 4mg and above. More mg = more staying power.

Staying power? huh?

That is not the definition of "ceiling dose," but I understand what you are saying.

In response to the original topic, I find that I feel the best at 2-4 mg, but I feel most like myself emotions wise the lower I go.

At 1.25, where I am now, it is a little bumpy..but I am keeping on my taper!

P.S. Do you really want your emotions back if they are gonna be bad? Make sure you are in a good place before you go wishing for that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Heaps of my emotions came back when I went from using heroin to using Suboxone. Same goes for methadone. When I switched from methadone to Suboxone, it was almost like I was "human again".

Conversely, the years I spent clean off opiates altogether, I found a new level of emotion that was also masked by Suboxone. While we open ourselves to heaps more emotions when we go on Suboxone, we open ourselves to even more when we get off opiates completely.

dymd3z wrote:
I envy you, suboxone has made me a zombie; I'm restless, have anxiety attacks, no appetite, I have no interest in ANYTHING. If I didn't smoke weed, I'd be even worse than I am as it is.

That's really interesting. I stopped getting those exact symptoms when I quit smoking weed. I guess we're all different.

ironic wrote:
P.S. Do you really want your emotions back if they are gonna be bad? Make sure you are in a good place before you go wishing for that

Unfortunately, life requires that we accept all emotions, be they sadness, happiness, grief, depression. It is the addict part of us that tries to pick and choose which emotions we feel, the same part of us that wants to use drugs so we only feel "positive emotions". IMO, accepting that life has negative emotions is a necessary part of recovering from addiction. The so called "non-addicts" out there on the most part already know this. Sometimes we just gotta harden up, you know?

Waiting to be in a "good place" can mean waiting forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It was strange for me to feel emotions agian. I enjoyed the walking coma for ten years.
NOW though, I feel them all, like the last thread said.
I feel excitement, anxiety, Happiness,sadness, frustration.
sometimes,,,,,well a lot i guess,, i feel a rush of all of them at once. I guess im still trying to "sort" everything out. when I get mad I scare myself sometimes, especially if I feel ive been "wronged" then I get super pissed!!!!
but I think I'm making forward progress, which is what we're all striving for right??? (6 months clean)
Just wanted to add that in there.
I cant be the only one that doesnt know what to do with a universal flood of feeling and emotion all at once.........
Hang in there everybody.......
remember..
Life's rainbows only show up after the storms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
Life's rainbows only show up after the storms

I like that one! Cool avatar too.

It's so weird that we use to get away from our emotions, yet we're so grateful to get them back in recovery. I eventually realised that we gotta experience the lows the appreciate the highs when I first switched from methadone to suboxone. I was even grateful to feel the uncomfortable feelings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

When I first got on Suboxone, I started feeling emotions I hadn't felt in a long time if ever.. (started using so young). Over time though, I started to flatten out again and has lost lots of my motivation. I have been in a slow taper for the last 10 months, so that might have something to do with it. This is a hell of a lot more preferable than the the depression you get on a taper or CT from long term opiate WD.

So did it give me my emotions back? I would say yes. Plus its great to not feel constant anxiety and depression right all the time and that was what I felt when using. Its amazing, but my recent therapist told me that I didn't meet the qualifications as someone who is depressed, that was just a side effect of my using.

I still have a long way to go, I am looking forward to getting off Sub but am not rushing it. This is all my decision, I could stay on for life if I needed (I don't and really do not meet that criteria). Some people simply do not produce enough endorphins naturally and need something like Sub. I do not think I am one of those people, but there is really only one way to be sure and that is to try living without constant drug use.

I have been doing some pretty deep therapy recently, and when I first got clean I doubt I would be able to handle it. I think that Suboxone helped in that it allowed me to feel some things, but I didn't get that complete over-whelming that many of us know from previous WDs (the ones where you cry from the littlest things on TV). I remember an animated ad for Prozac specifically from one WD really getting to me. I laugh about it now though.

Post subject: Interesting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been on Sub since Oct 08, and I have never had a problem with emotions....at all. I feel. But then again, I was on 100MG of methadone for about 4 years, and at that time I was NUMB. So maybe its cause I was on something so incredibly strong (well, I know Suboxone is strong too, but not a full agonist). Not to get too much into detail, but one way I know it doesn't numb my emotions is because when I was on methadone, I literally had no sexual desires for almost the entire time. I maybe had a couple sexual encounters the entire time I was on methadone....and I was a man in his young 20s. Now, on Suboxone, that has all changed, and I'm in my mid-20s.

I honestly think that the people who have problems with Suboxone blocking their emotions is people who are actually still opiate-naive because they really havn't used the hard stuff (morphine, methadone, oxycontin). I know some people might not like me saying this, but it seems like an uneven trade when people go from taking Vicodin to Suboxone. I just don't think it's necessary...But I am open to the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I am just speaking from experience. Then again, Vicodin started it all for me...Vicodin to methadone. So, maybe if I had had Suboxone in the very beginning, I would never have progressed to methadone, took Sub for a while, then got off of it.

Ahh, blabbing now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't think the Sub has changed the way I feel emotionaly to much. One thing I do notice though. I certainly don't feel joy as I used to. I used to get so excited about doing things like snowboarding, boating or going on vacation. Now, I couldn't be bothered by those things. I guess all medicine has side effects and this may just be one of them.

But, I sometimes wonder if it's just been so long since ive been off sub, and just don't remember how I felt before it. My friends say i'm not the same person I was (but in a good way that is) before sub. I was a bit of a "Wild Card" they say. I've been told that people liked to be around me, but not because I was such a great person. It was becasue they never knew what to expect from me. I must have entertained them or something. Great friends I had....
It's true, I was all over the place before the sub, up one minute, down the next. I never knew what kind of mood I was gonna be in later. I'm sure all the drugs I was doing didn't help the situation either. Now that I think about, thats probibly why I used all those drugs in the first place, trying to be more stable I guess.. Hmmm, I think I'm on to something here..

Back to the subject.. I think that the subs effects on emotions have actually help me, more then they have hurt me personaly.

any how thanks for listening..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This is one of the hardest things about my recovery with Suboxone. My problem is that I was only an occasional opiate user, using only 3-4 times a week at the peak of my addiction. On top of that, Suboxone became my number one drug of abuse, and then I stupidly decided to treat my Suboxone addiction with Suboxone.

Now my brain is getting used to higher levels of opiates than ever before. I feel like most of my emotions are blocked. Even when I realize some very serious emotional issues, such as how much i've hurt my family from this addiction, the Suboxone won't let me fully face that and move on. I want to feel all the pain from that, I feel like I deserve it. But a lot of times it feels like no matter how hard I try to feel these emotions, it's almost like my brain won't let me go to that point because it is too painful.

It's too bad really. I want to face these and other important issues regarding recovery, but I don't know if I can truly get better until I'm off subs.