It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Detoxing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I've posted a few times here before, but I figured I'd start a new thread since it has been a while since my last post. So I went to rapid detox a 5 months ago. It went well and I was off of Sub after being on it for 7 years. I stayed clean for 2 1/2 - 3 months, then decided to take a sub to get high. Super bad idea... So I did subs for 2-3 weeks and def got dependent on them again, so I decided to try to detox myself with vikes/percs. I did the perc/vikes for about 2-3 weeks, then took sub again... It's an ongoing cycle that I need to stop. So here is where I am at right now. The past two 1/2 weeks I have been doing a ton of opiates. I really want to be off of the subs and opiates... So today I decided to take 8mg of sub this morning, which kind of took away the WD's from the opiates. I just did another 4mg because I'm not feeling to great. I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted to subs at this point and I'm feeling WD's from the opiates. How can I taper down from the subs and beat both WD's? I was thinking taking 12mg today, 6-8mg tomorrow (depending on how I feel), 3-4mg the next day, and finally take a last dose of 1-2mg the last day, so basically a 4-5 day detox. What does everyone else think? Should I pursue a different plan? I don't want to be dependent on anything. I have no desire to get high, I just want to live a clean life style. Please advise.

Post subject: Re: Detoxing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Chaz,
well, I'm no expert of course, but I have tapered and quit successfully (so far so good anyway- over 3 months off all meds now) A couple of things popped out at me when I read your post:
1. Don't forget that suboxone is also a narcotic (opiat)

2. IMO there is no way to "beat" the wdls- you just have to toughen up and face it, but it is not that bad- the fear is way worse.

3. Many people stay on suboxone maintenance and also consider that a "clean" lifestlye because they are stable and not trapped in that crazy active addiciton lifestyle. "Maybe" that is something you should consider?

Good luck!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi