It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay so I was on Suboxone for quite sometime. Started on 8mg's then gradually decreased to 4mg's at which point I put myself into rehab. They detoxed me off Suboxone by using more Suboxone. My first day off it wasn't so bad but was very fatigued. My second and third day off it was hell. I was delirious and very lethargic and tired. After that it just kept getting worse. Eventually the fatigue wore off a bit but still remained. My anxiety was threw the roof and considering the rehab, Keystone Center, it was even higher. Sleeping was the worse. I kept getting a phantom ache in my shoulder which made it so I couldn't sleep at all and toss and turned all night. After I came home I was very lethargic still and went back to work. It started to get a little better a month or so after rehab. Soon after feeling good I found out my co-worker whom I was with all day at register had perk 30's. At first I didn't give in and fought it but after it seeded in my mind I finally broke. I set myself up for failure. I had no support group of any kind. I am back on Suboxone now and am once again going to rehab. I plan to follow through this time. Getting off long term use of Subs is no joke. You need all the help you can get. The whole process of getting off this drug is the hardest I have ever experienced and I have came off of every opiate. Wish me luck and good luck to anyone else trying to get off. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, if I can help someone else in anyway what so ever I will.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Formoso wrote:
Okay so I was on Suboxone for quite sometime. Started on 8mg's then gradually decreased to 4mg's at which point I put myself into rehab. They detoxed me off Suboxone by using more Suboxone. My first day off it wasn't so bad but was very fatigued. My second and third day off it was hell. I was delirious and very lethargic and tired. After that it just kept getting worse. Eventually the fatigue wore off a bit but still remained. My anxiety was threw the roof and considering the rehab, Keystone Center, it was even higher. Sleeping was the worse. I kept getting a phantom ache in my shoulder which made it so I couldn't sleep at all and toss and turned all night. After I came home I was very lethargic still and went back to work. It started to get a little better a month or so after rehab. Soon after feeling good I found out my co-worker whom I was with all day at register had perk 30's. At first I didn't give in and fought it but after it seeded in my mind I finally broke. I set myself up for failure. I had no support group of any kind. I am back on Suboxone now and am once again going to rehab. I plan to follow through this time. Getting off long term use of Subs is no joke. You need all the help you can get. The whole process of getting off this drug is the hardest I have ever experienced and I have came off of every opiate. Wish me luck and good luck to anyone else trying to get off. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, if I can help someone else in anyway what so ever I will.

OMG, you must have felt horrible. You jumped really high. I wish you the best.

I'm curious though, why go to rehab? Why not taper off it? I tapered off it and jumping off was easy. To me, that's one of the best things about Suboxone....it is long-acting and you can taper off it. You are right that it is no joke, and even tapering off can be no fun. It takes a long time to get off Sub comfortably. If you want to go faster than your body can handle, you are going to feel bad. Did you need to get off for some reason? You tapered from 8 to 4. Did you consider just continuing down?

Good luck in rehab. If you're gonna jump off Sub at a significant dose, it is absolutely better to be somewhere where someone will be taking care of you and you are safe.

LT